Defense MIGHT be a thing someday

From reddit dev:
"As for the effectiveness of Defense Up or Defense Down--as well as how Defense works in general--stay tuned. We're considering [REDACTED], which would [REDACTED] in every [REDACTED]."
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/45f83c/armor_system_rework_suggestion/czxomzf

Hopefully this comes sooner rather than later, and is actually a meaningful change or it'll be a one-shot fest when the level cap is raised based on how damage seems to scale in this game.

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Good news :)
  • Options
    This could explain why yoda is the way he is right now. Hope my imagination isn't taking me me too far off, but yoda would flourish in an environment where one shot kill isn't the meta.
    Maybe the devs are telling us something.
  • Options
    Yes, and don't get me wrong I'm not asking for the game to be a turtle-fest either. I understand the appeal of seeing big yellow numbers as your enemies do their death squeals. However, defense abilities should also have their use, it will bring more variety. If you want to slug it out with high powered squishies so be it, but let us play with other styles as well.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    In an ideal balance, you could go offense, defense or control, and be effective with any of them, depending only on your choices/sinergy. Currently only offense works