Node 12

Whazn
262 posts Member
Anyone else have their gw unbreak since cls release? Mine was broken every day but now node 12 is " duckie on steroids" cls lead, baze, gk, dn, thrawn. Curious to know if there's a quick way to re-break it. I miss my 10 min auto gw runs.

Replies

• Options
    I had other way around. I had the GK, Sith trooper, sun fac, rg, initiate team on node 12. Now its broken again. Probably because of my r2 and cls with two zetas each
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I had other way around. I had the GK, Sith trooper, sun fac, rg, initiate team on node 12. Now its broken again. Probably because of my r2 and cls with two zetas each

ditto
    must be the guild we're in =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    GW is still based on old power rating. Putting characters with 2 zetas is probably not why it broke.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    GW is still based on old power rating. Putting characters with 2 zetas is probably not why it broke.

By some weird coincedent (or not) my GW unbroke just after they released the new power ratings, but the strange thing about it was that i got a non-zeta'd team in my 12th node. It just didn't make sence, haven't found a reasonable explaination for that happening yet.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    Options
    Yea my guild leader had node 11 break post update, while mine became unbroken, not sure wht the cause is.
  • Options
    I get the same node 12 with CDR Luke, Thrawn, R2, Nihilus, and GK. It's impossible for me to beat at that point. Mine was broken before. But now it's completely effed
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

By some weird coincedent (or not) my GW unbroke just after they released the new power ratings, but the strange thing about it was that i got a non-zeta'd team in my 12th node. It just didn't make sence, haven't found a reasonable explaination for that happening yet.

@leef That happened to me too for a while. I was getting a lot of Zaul teams as my node 11 and then the uber tank teams with Chewbacca lead, RG, NI, Sith Trooper, and General Kenobi as my node 12 for a while. It was pretty entertaining though I just put in Zader lead and let the DOTs stack and stack and stack hehe
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    11 and 12 had both been broken for me, but this week, 11 went back to normal. Crazy maxed zeta CLS Thrawn GK R2 Nihilus new meta team.
  • Options
    What's happened is CLS has upped the power threshold for breaking nodes. The same exact thing happened with Thrawn. It's claimed nothing has changed with GW after the power calculations were refactored... I can believe that... but if that's true then it's the new toons upping power in the available player pool for matchmaking.

I expected my normal broke node 12 yesterday and got caught flatfooted by letting some big toons take some big hits on node 11. I was treated to CLS lead GK, Thrawn, R2 and DN. It was absolutely ridiculous. I'm not spending 30 min to an hour on a single node going forward.

They need to take some time and refactor GW matchmaking instead of just letting things go and focusing only on how quick they can get the next game breaking toon out the door. I don't believe they are intentionally letting things get this bad... there are probably other priorities and there is simply no unit testing going on.. and we become the rats.
  • Options
    I get the same node 12 with CDR Luke, Thrawn, R2, Nihilus, and GK. It's impossible for me to beat at that point. Mine was broken before. But now it's completely effed
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    I expected my normal broke node 12 yesterday and got caught flatfooted by letting some big toons take some big hits on node 11. I was treated to CLS lead GK, Thrawn, R2 and DN. It was absolutely ridiculous. I'm not spending 30 min to an hour on a single node going forward.
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    11 and 12 had both been broken for me, but this week, 11 went back to normal. Crazy maxed zeta CLS Thrawn GK R2 Nihilus new meta team.
    Sounds like all three of you are talking about the same guy.

Specifically, this guy. https://swgoh.gg/u/kelsondarktreader/
  • Options
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    They need to take some time and refactor GW matchmaking instead of just letting things go and focusing only on how quick they can get the next game breaking toon out the door.

This is a major problem. I can deal with sucking in arena until the next time CLS comes back because whales should have an advantage over FTP, they keep the game going. GW, however, should be where regular players have a chance to practice and still earn decent rewards. They never figured out how to balance it before and now it's just a thousand times worse. I don't mean it should be easy but it should be possible. I have a decent roster but I can't face two teams in a row that are both better than my arena team.

I get that it's an easy money grab to make each new release ridiculously OP but I've seen this happen in a lot of games and they risk losing players if this nonsense keeps up. 48 of the top 50 arena teams in my shard have CLS and the other two have Thrawn. They are all a mix of those two plus R2, Nihilus, GK and an occasional Chaze and raid Han. There is no variety in arena and now with every high node GW team being a version of these arena teams it's the same deal.
  • Options
    Whazn wrote: »
    Anyone else have their gw unbreak since cls release? Mine was broken every day but now node 12 is " duckie on steroids" cls lead, baze, gk, dn, thrawn. Curious to know if there's a quick way to re-break it. I miss my 10 min auto gw runs.

This is what happened to me, though not overnight. I had at least a week of good but not insane n12, but g12 has changed all that. Every other day its a full g12 team with CLS lead. I can't touch them even with every toon available.