Cad Bane....

Is he worth using and if so - suggestions on who he should be tied too? I got lucky got some shards in a pack and have him up to 6 stars and level 65 now. But of course in my stupid ways really have no idea on how to use him correctly. So reaching out for those who clearly know more than I do! Thank you!

Replies

• Options
    I have him sitting 6* never used him but in the Jedi era I reckon he will be useful.
  • Options
    So roughly same shape as me - I mean I am from Texas - he is carrying double six shooters - I should love this guy - but I have no clue how to use him :) HA!
  • Options
    I have been catching up on Clone Wars on Netflix and boy is that one bad mother scoundrel bounty hunter!
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I got lucky on an early chromium pull and received Cad. I really really want to use him but he just dies too early. However, you can get off a few good rounds with him if you use him with a taunt tank like ST Han or Poe. Of course if you have Poe, you're better off using other characters to pair him with but I'm assuming you want to actually use Cad. I don't have Poe but I do have ST Han. Problem I have is getting Han to taunt before Cad dies. So mostly I only use Cad in GW.

Paired with Capt. Phasma as leader, you can get in some pretty good triple hits if Phas triggers the extra attack and CB gets his bonus attack. I've tried using him as leader with his Scoundrel evasion but it's just unreliable (paired with Chewbac and ST Han). Good luck.
  • Options
    TriCoast wrote: »
    Is he worth using and if so - suggestions on who he should be tied too? I got lucky got some shards in a pack and have him up to 6 stars and level 65 now. But of course in my stupid ways really have no idea on how to use him correctly. So reaching out for those who clearly know more than I do! Thank you!

Not at all. I have a lvl 70, 7* Cad Bane Gr 8 and he is useless in Arena. Ok for a team b or team c in GW and is very useful in the agility event as he can stun Savage. So unless you are building a team for the agility event I would spend your resources elsewhere. Do a search for Cad Bane and you will find many topic post on Cad Bane and they all say the same.

He is one of my favorite characters so that is why I have him all geared and leveled up. But I don't use him in arena and occasionally use him in GW.
  • Options
    ^^^^^ Sad as I think you and I feel the same way about him Roxo Thank you for the detailed post!!!
  • Options
    for me; Cad Bane is used only in the GW. either in a "B" team or against those random all jedi teams that I might see once a week.

for me; his usefulness is too dependent on RNG for bonus attacks the hope that the AI attacks someone else.
  • Options
    Roxo wrote: »
    TriCoast wrote: »

Not at all. I have a lvl 70, 7* Cad Bane Gr 8 and he is useless in Arena. Ok for a team b or team c in GW and is very useful in the agility event as he can stun Savage. So unless you are building a team for the agility event I would spend your resources elsewhere. Do a search for Cad Bane and you will find many topic post on Cad Bane and they all say the same.

He is one of my favorite characters so that is why I have him all geared and leveled up. But I don't use him in arena and occasionally use him in GW.

Same. I got him at 7* G8 and he just doesn't have the health, speed, or damage to survive in arena at this point. Right now he's in my suicide squad (different than B and C teams) and the savage challenge. It that's it. It's a shame really.
  • Options
    I have him at 5*. Not farmable, so not really worth gearing up unless you plan on buying more (lucky) shards.

His HP is a little glassy. His main attack is so-so, about middle of the pack. His secondary damage is pretty good, and unavoidable (no dodge), but the accompanying stun is duckable and I find it only procs about 1/2 the time.

However, once he stuns a Jedi, they lose their complete turn meter. Convenient to zap a Jedi about to strike.

Overall, I am leaving him behind as I level up the rest of the fleet. But if you are going to be using some toons still at 6*, then he is worth using for awhile.