Next meta teams?

Your bets on the next meta teams?
For sure, we'll see some CLS r2d2 Leia +2 rebels team - which means tons of crits.
After that, we'll see GK (L) + Zarris team starting to show up to counter those.
Then we'll see DN (L) teams with maul in that team to try and stop the rebels from counter and assist each other by daze, while also not lose vs Zarris because no crits.
Question is: when we'll see some brilliant hybrid teams that will be our new meta...? Month, 2 months? From your experience, How long in this game it takes to find the ultimate team for the moment?
With Zetas and Omega crunch, I really don't wanna regret stuff xD

Replies

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Really have no idea, but Han/Leia/Yoda in TB will be interesting to see. They could join a new meta with CLS.
  • Options
    If all rebels, they won't be the new meta...
    I think the point is that full rebels, full siths, full Jedi.. it's hard to be the meta that way. the fact is that from the metas I lived in the game : RG, fotp, Rey together? Poe and droids together?? Now rex, chaze, DN? The thing in common is the diversity in those.
    The siths can do some stuff, like debuffing, rebels can dps, blah blah blah. Why be tied down to one thing? Full FO don't work because it lack some stuff. Same with resistance, same with clones. On the other hand... Full jedis work amazing, but beatable still and you don't see this as meta, and also full siths works well but beatable - but they are both because zQGJ and Zaul are broken Zetas.
    But different factions? When you combine things that "don't fit".. well.. it fits. Opposites coming together can bring you benefits from this and from this.
    That's why next week I'll start running CLs r2 Leia with zDN and Zavage. First reason, I have the siths Zetad already. Second reason, zavage removing debuffs from DN and r2 hiding dn (and making "passive taunt for zavage") should work well. Third - zavage gain more TM than SThan, he attack harder than SThan, he's tankier than SThan, seems good enough for me. Fourth - Health down is great for Leia and CLS.

This team won't be meta - it's not that good defensively because r2d2 not gonna use smokescreen on zavage 100% times. But I'll be able to beat Zarris team because of zavage+DN with fast annihilate her, and DN drain and his basic to remove buffs, should help me vs other stuff. With 5 rebels? I wouldn't. So I dont waste Zetas on raid Han if a fast new team will come and kill the all crits rebels dps.
    You can't run just tanks, or just attackers. You need some of those some of those, because they give something, and they give something else... Same with factions. Hard to use only one.
    Point is : I HAVE to combo siths with rebels to be even relevant. I believe at some point, all will be combo rebels with other faction ;/
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Once those new ewoks can be 7 starred, and get a reasonable amount of hp/protection behind them I predict a murder bear meta.
  • Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Once those new ewoks can be 7 starred, and get a reasonable amount of hp/protection behind them I predict a murder bear meta.

Just like the Phoenix, they lack damage. Therefore 5 ewoks will NEVER be meta. They can be amazingly good (ask @scuba ), can win on offense pretty easily, but the Most Effective Team Available? No. Because a different team, combining different factions, can put more things together and be more versatile against other types of teams.

I don't remember any team that was meta that all were from one faction, and I surely don't see why ewoks should be the first.
  • Options
    ZaulLover wrote: »

Just like the Phoenix, they lack damage. Therefore 5 ewoks will NEVER be meta. They can be amazingly good (ask @scuba ), can win on offense pretty easily, but the Most Effective Team Available? No. Because a different team, combining different factions, can put more things together and be more versatile against other types of teams.

I don't remember any team that was meta that all were from one faction, and I surely don't see why ewoks should be the first.

Current meta isn't much about damage but Nihilus special.

With enough assists and Scout/Wicket combo ewoks are dealing enough damages, i think they won't be meta the same way Resistance can't be: AI. These teams always work on offense but are too complicated to win enough on defense.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    ZaulLover wrote: »

Current meta isn't much about damage but Nihilus special.

With enough assists and Scout/Wicket combo ewoks are dealing enough damages, i think they won't be meta the same way Resistance can't be: AI. These teams always work on offense but are too complicated to win enough on defense.

That is the truth. Players are looking for teams that "hold on defense"

The ai will almost never use paploo cleanse/assist call as the opening move (even if it does it will likely not call the correct ewok for assist) which is how I get the whole murder bear train rolling.
  • Options
    Doesn't take very long on an old veteran shard - we've already seen people try many various combos with OB, zeta Han, some SRP even, AA leads, DN, CLS with multiple zetas, thrawn, GK, R2, Leia, Wiggs, Chaze ... all your typical characters.

The team that seems to best hold off decently built Classic Cleanse / Jedi / Rex / zDV comps is CLS lead, zSolo, GK, R2, and Thrawn. That combo is doing well. At least in the Rebel comps used so far, DN doesn't seem to be as good on D, but he's not bad.

Now, for players with good mods and deep rosters, you're going to be able to get wins cause everyone has pretty much the same heroes. The Rebel updates were all on old characters and vets had all the toons to get CLS on day 1 no problem.

• scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options
    Doesn't take very long on an old veteran shard - we've already seen people try many various combos with OB, zeta Han, some SRP even, AA leads, DN, CLS with multiple zetas, thrawn, GK, R2, Leia, Wiggs, Chaze ... all your typical characters.

The team that seems to best hold off decently built Classic Cleanse / Jedi / Rex / zDV comps is CLS lead, zSolo, GK, R2, and Thrawn. That combo is doing well. At least in the Rebel comps used so far, DN doesn't seem to be as good on D, but he's not bad.

Now, for players with good mods and deep rosters, you're going to be able to get wins cause everyone has pretty much the same heroes. The Rebel updates were all on old characters and vets had all the toons to get CLS on day 1 no problem.

Yeah but the "holds on defense" is relative. Nothing has held top 10 on my leaderboard in a long time. You can hope for a maybe 15-20 hold but that tends to be more some didn't attack you than your team really winning on defense.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Yeah but the "holds on defense" is relative. Nothing has held top 10 on my leaderboard in a long time. You can hope for a maybe 15-20 hold but that tends to be more some didn't attack you than your team really winning on defense.

Well I'll be more clear in what has changed per our LB chat and also observing a few guys that can't get wins to take #1 in their slot now ... that comp above is defending on D vs. the teams I noted above where it wasn't before.

A guy running a zDV + Thrawn team and a fast SA was still winning fine - but can't vs. the REbel comps. zJinn / Yoda / GK / zzR2 player that's swam through all metas fine hasn't been able to get 1 for the last 3+ days and he's super active. Some of the free / low P2p Rex + Chaze variations with moderate mods are now getting crushed attacking.

The other players though with higher level mods / CLS, etc though can all beat each other NP. I'm running zzThrawn lead full DS squad and not having any issues thus far vs. any of the Rebel / mixed meta variants.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    Options

Well I'll be more clear in what has changed per our LB chat and also observing a few guys that can't get wins to take #1 in their slot now ... that comp above is defending on D vs. the teams I noted above where it wasn't before.

A guy running a zDV + Thrawn team and a fast SA was still winning fine - but can't vs. the REbel comps. zJinn / Yoda / GK / zzR2 player that's swam through all metas fine hasn't been able to get 1 for the last 3+ days and he's super active. Some of the free / low P2p Rex + Chaze variations with moderate mods are now getting crushed attacking.

Always a good thing. Peeps are definitely having some issues with teams but there is always someone else around to beat that pita team. Just lots of movement.
    I know of 11+ that are in my payout time zone and get to the top most of the "better" modded teams are outside my payout.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Always a good thing. Peeps are definitely having some issues with teams but there is always someone else around to beat that pita team. Just lots of movement.
    I know of 11+ that are in my payout time zone and get to the top most of the "better" modded teams are outside my payout.

This seems like a legit meta shift to me since teams with Rex and DN in them are having issues facing teams without those heroes in their lineups. Same thing for Chaze. Just realized this, but finally, all the Classic cleanse characters are arguably on the wrong side of being in the best teams. Well modded versions of Rex / R2 / Chaze still seem to be able to win, but Chaze gets rolled on D and that magical gap they enjoyed where you could roll out any mod set / star / gear level and win seems to have finally evaporated. At least at this time and after much experimentation, the D slots on our LB that are defending consistently do not have any of the 5 classic cleans characters in their teams. Thrawn still seems pretty key to fracture a taunt and with an opening round stun from Han, that's likely 2/5 of an attacker's team disabled in round 1. That's a huge deal if you need a certain action to happen at the start of a match.

The Rex / DN / R2 / GK / Thrawn squad setup still seems to have some legs on offense - haven't heard others even with lesser mods having issues or seeing it really.

GK + R2 seem to be a core backbone to best squads still however...and winning on O if you have a mod / build deficit.