My meager thoughts as a new to the game F2P player

I recently started playing this game a few months ago and have played every single day. I want so many teams and comps but I've come to understand that this game is about slow grinding and lots of patience. I can understand the frustation as a new player about the CLS because it seems the only way to have prepared for that is to already have the characters. I do think there could have been some more direct clues on this event. Sure they were hints on the game based on the lore of Star Wars, but most players can't afford to stop farming their current roster on a hunch about possible characters. My first legendary event was palpatine, and I managed to farm my rebel team to 6 stars on my first go with the 30 day anticipation.

I know there are lots of things the game will release and my only piece of advice is that just focus on one thing at a time. I'm currently farming phoenix just to get thrawn. As a F2P, you will never be ahead of the curve of the game, and I've accepted I will always be behind of the meta.

I do like how the devs increased the hard nodes to 5 attempts. This helps with the grind process for F2P, and it actuallu makes me waste my crystals. I'm actually thinking of wasting money on crystals just because of this. If you increased the total hard nodes permanently iy might make the eternal grind seem more tolerable.

I love this game, and this isn't the type of game which you will get everything you want fast. This is what makes your champs seem special, because all the time you spend leveling them up, getting gear and maxing stars makes it seem like you worked for something.

Replies

• Options
    Well put ,
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Nicely said. If you're f2p there's no way you can chase the meta. By the time you get there it will have changed.

Don't stress too much about what you don't have or what you can't get. Games are meant to be fun.
  • Options
    I've been F2P since Dec. 2015, don't have Thrawn, don't have Chaze, don't have a lot of stuff, don't care. Play the game however you want to play it.
  • 7_GSTF
    203 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    F2p since July 2016.. amazingly enough ... I have thrawn, albeit at 5 stars, CLS and nihilus at 5 stars only by farming his hard node. ... well... I hAve chased the meta... but at the same time ... my rebels are in pretty good shape...no surprise that ! But also ... my empire squad is decent.... it is possible for you to get things as F2p and still have decent teams... just depends on how you spread your resources. ...
  • Options
    I'm f2p since November '16 and have Thrawn at 5*, R2 at 7, Nihilus at 7, and EP at 7. No CLS though solely because of Old Ben and they didn't give me a legitimate way to get him to 7, even with paying (immediately after the requirements because public knowledge I had to focus on 2 empire toons first to get R2).
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Same guy who talked about 5 months back... Guess what... over 1.7 million gp with over 600k gp growth since the start of TWs. About 55 7 stars ( could have had more) and an excellent rank (for a FTP) of around 60. As I have said, it all depends on your dedication to the game and ability to focus...
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    So bored with the FTP argument...

Im FTP since Dec 15... i have 90+ 7* toons including all legendary.. 2.2m GP.. rank 1 in arena (as per shard rotation).. 9 G12s with over half made up of 11s and 10s

The ONLY difference between FTP and PTP is grinding longer or waiting till an event comes around again.

Regarding arena there are so many variations that can work atm including those that are FTP (again note im FTP and get 1st)

Regarding PVE events you only really need one team and thats resistance

Regarding specific toon events as i said if not easily farmable just wait till next time.. you dont need it all yesterday
  • 7_GSTF
    203 posts Member
    Options
    Hi there, same guy again, I know, well, no. 1 on my fleet shard, top 50 still on my arena shard and 2.1 million gp. A whole million in 8 months! Only toon lacking is JTR, who with luck, I will have next time out. Not a penny spent yet. FTP for life. It takes time no doubt, but it is worth every inch of the effort to get there.
  • Options
    I'm not entirely FTP but nor am I even close to a whale. I'm plankton really.

It is quite disheartening seeing all these events pop up that I have no way of participating in but one day I shall be able to, I take solace in the fact I'm over 3/4 of the way to Vader (an easy 5* once I buy the pack, mats are being blown on Phoenix nonsense).

I can even occasionally beat GW now thanks to hammering out the gear, close to mods being a thing too. Fleet is about 2 weeks worth of levelling away from fleet which will be yet another grind.

Once I get a couple of solid teams I'll be entirely FTP as I'll be able to enjoy the game more once I "have something".

About 700 in arena, most of the near endless phoenix teams around at my level offer little resistance now. I don't do much there though as I'm holding it nicely.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF