Guilds in dire need of better tools.

Degs29
361 posts Member
I'm a little frustrated by how long guild tool requests have gone unanswered. I've been reading common sense suggestions on the forums for over a year, and nothing positive has come of it.

Off the top of my head, we need:

•Better tracking tools for guild leader/officers to see ticket, coin, and donation contributions from members. Lifetime tickets and daily tickets have limited usage...weekly would be far better. I currently have to calculate weekly on a spreadsheet.

•The ability to boot an inactive leader.

•The ability for the leader/officers to set raid caps that are actually enforceable. At the very least, a cumulative damage counter in the raid battles would help members keep within a cap.

•The ability for the leader/officers to punish members for bad behavior without outright turfing them from the guild (ie, go over raid cap...can't participate in next raid).

I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of, but that's my most pressing. Guilds make this game so much better; it's a shame that the tools we have at our disposal are so limited this long after the launch of the guilds themselves.

Replies

• Options
    One of the problems that is most in need of solutions is that of players who do damage during guild no-damage periods.

I see two important tools as necessary for this. The first is to have a time period that the guild officers control that disallows damage. In order to score 0 damage in the raids, you are required to sacrifice a character. Some I've talked to think this should continue as a trade off - strike one toon from your roster, be registered as active for the raid with 0 damage. Others think there should an altered "Battle" button for the first X number of hours the raid is active. It could read "register" or "participate" or "log your 0 damage run to qualify for rewards" (if you want to make the button much bigger than it is now). The language is not important. What is important is that the raid shows active, with a countdown timer ticking down the 48 hours to the end of the raid, but pressing the button that now reads "battle" simply causes the guild member to register a raid of 0 damage, with or without losing a toon of the player's choice.

Many if not most guilds, and pretty much all serious guilds, have hard rules about a 0 damage period at the beginning of heroic raids. While we can enforce violations of the rules after the fact, most guilds prefer to be cooperative and would prefer to prevent rule violations by simply disallowing the forbidden action. If people don't like the rules of the guild they can voluntarily leave, but they simply don't have the power to unilaterally break the rules and cause strife and bad feelings for the entire rest of the guild.

However, if someone does get booted from the guild, guild rewards should be dispensed in one of 2 ways, at the option of the guild officer who exiled the former member:
    1. The former guild member gets sent their rewards when the raid is over. The rewards arrive in their inbox as normal if and when the raid ends victoriously. If the reasons for booting someone are not related to their behavior in raids, it might feel more fair to many guild officers to make sure that the exiled member gets the rewards that they have earned but not had time to collect.

2. The former guild member does not get rewards, and because they were booted for violating the rules in ways that unfairly would have bumped other participants down the rankings, the rankings (and thus rewards) are calculated without those members being considered in any way.

The worst version of this is when someone who has been booted rejoins the guild multiple times just to get revenge on former guild-mates. We had this problem with one person. They would rejoin the guild at a time when officers weren't likely to see the message, stay off chat, then post a few million damage during the no-damage period. Of course, we'd boot them again, but that ruined the rankings for almost everyone else.

...I suppose that this brings up a 3rd needed tool: If an officer removes a player from the guild's roster, the system should prevent that person from re-joining the guild (either entirely or without a message being sent to the guild leader who can then approve or deny the request).

==========
    So there you have it:
    1. Guild officers should have a tool that shortens the amount of time allowed to win a raid by reserving part of the 48 hours as "0 damage time".
    2. A method of dealing with rewards such that either they are sent if someone is dissmissed from a guild during a raid, or they aren't sent but that player also is removed from the ranking board so guild members that play by the rules get the rewards they deserve.
    3. A tool to prevent a player from rejoining a guild if that player was exiled (did not leave voluntarily).

Please... these are needed and have been for some time. Make it happen, eh?
  • Options
    1. Guild officers should have a tool that shortens the amount of time allowed to win a raid by reserving part of the 48 hours as "0 damage time".

Agreed. But if the devs are going to implement that, why not just automatically give all guild members a reward? Why do they have to register to begin with? Just randomize the rankings at the bottom for anyone who didn't participate.

I imagine the devs see the 0-dmg thing as defeating their intentions, in that those who contribute actual dmg in the raid should be rewarded, so I doubt they'll facilitate a "register" mechanic.
  • Options
    Re 3, already covered, have the guild,set to invite only, this,prevents,anyone from joining unless invited or an officer/leader approves the request to join
  • Options
    What about more titles than leader and officer.... can we add co-leader rank as well to help with guild management.
  • Options
    If Territory Battles works well for a few months, I would not be surprised to see raid rewards adjusted so that a 0 damage sacrifice is no longer necessary, and instead everyone who does not participate gets minimal rewards instead of none.

If that doesn't happen, I would love to see some guild tools that allow the leader to set participation timers based on rank... maybe add in a couple more ranks to further define who gets to go when.
  • Options
    All great ideas, but no money for devs from it, so dont put your hopes high.
  • Options
    Degs29 wrote: »

Agreed. But if the devs are going to implement that, why not just automatically give all guild members a reward? Why do they have to register to begin with? Just randomize the rankings at the bottom for anyone who didn't participate.

I imagine the devs see the 0-dmg thing as defeating their intentions, in that those who contribute actual dmg in the raid should be rewarded, so I doubt they'll facilitate a "register" mechanic.

Well, giving reward for raids to all guild members, evdn last place for non participiants, was requsted for very long time, so 0 dmg reg, is just workaround of this failing of devs to hear voices.