Galactic War fixed outcome.

Archimeus
8 posts Member
edited February 2016
So we all know that the strategy is to retreat in a fight if it is going bad for you, but have you guys noticed that the outcome will never change if you run the exact same setup?

So I tested this out a bit. Was going against a guy with Poggle, IG-88, Sidious, Poe and Luminara all of them lvl 70 and with 7 stars. I got to attack first with my Sidious and then his Poggle buffed their team after his Sidious attacked. That made it IG-88's turn and he instantly killed my Luminara and Kylo, my Kylo has 13k hp and died with almost full hp. His Luminara then takes about half my Sidious' health with her force ability and then he gets killed off by his Sidious.

Now the point I'm making is that I retreated 5 times and went back in 5 times and the outcome never changed. The exact same thing happened every time. Now I didn't try and switch my team around since I don't have any other 6+ stars characters other than my core team. I'm using Phasma, Kylo, Vader, Sidious and Luminara btw. Vader is only 4 stars, but has as much power rating as my 6 star ones. I only have Sidious with 7 stars.

My thought here is, shouldn't it be RNG that determines these battles? To me it seems like the AI already calculated the outcome of the battles depending on how you act. I don't see that as being fair in any way!?

Replies

• Options
    Gotta change it up for the retreat to be success
  • Options
    That still doesn't change the whole being a fixed outcome though...
  • Options
    Use a lvl 1 team or anything as a sacrifice. That will also change it up.

Use a lvl 40-50 team and maybe even knock one of theirs out prior to A team mop up.
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Use a lvl 1 team or anything as a sacrifice. That will also change it up.

Use a lvl 40-50 team and maybe even knock one of theirs out prior to A team mop up.

That's what I do.... Love my cannon fodder troops
  • Options
    Yeah I have done that, but in this regards I doubt it would change much. Mind you this was only half way through the galactic war.

And it still doesn't explain why the outcome remains the same...
  • Options
    Of course it changes.
    Your Sid goes, who do you target to attack, whether you use his normal attack or special attack, all changes enemy sequence.
    You can even swap out one of your hero, sometimes giving surprisingly good result.
  • Options
    you can change who you target as well. What I do is find the moment it seems to go wrong then I target someone else after the retreat, and boom, different outcome. there is one combination of moves that will clear the level every time, it is just finding it.
  • Options
    My point is, that it shouldn't be fixed though. The AI should behave randomly right?
  • Options
    Archimeus wrote: »
    My point is, that it shouldn't be fixed though. The AI should behave randomly right?
    It can't be completely random or things like Healing on first turn and cleanse when no one has debuffs would happen. There has to be some brains to the AI or else it sucks, bad and the ge would be a joke. Do YOU take the same approach for each battle, or a similar one? Do you randomly attack enemies with no rhyme or reason? Why should the AI do things no player would ever do?
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    Well the AI still uses heals on a team with healing immunity. I'm not saying that the AI shouldn't act accordingly when it needs to heal or do certain things to help itself, but the algorithms are identical every time.
    And in the 5 different tries I did I attacked different targets. But only my Sidious got to do anything.
  • Options
    You can actually use the same team, but change their order to plant a new "seed" in the outcome.
  • Options
    You
    That still doesn't change the whole being a fixed outcome though...

I have noticed this as well, but you can change the outcome and force the AI to take different actions. You must change your 1st attack target and also changing your first attack will change how the AI reacts. So for example, you attack with Sidious first change your opening attack if you were using dots use basic if you were using basic use dots. If your first target was Poggle change it to IG-88 or Sidious or anyone other than the original target you were focusing.
  • Options

no the AI should have priorities, with a small bit of randomness to throw players off. Just like you prioritize attacking certain characters first every game.
  • Options
    The reason it's predetermined is that the seed for the battle is determined when a team is assigned. This seed number is then used as the dice roll for all events in a match.
  • Options
    So we all know that the strategy is to retreat in a fight if it is going bad for you, but have you guys noticed that the outcome will never change if you run the exact same setup?

So I tested this out a bit. Was going against a guy with Poggle, IG-88, Sidious, Poe and Luminara all of them lvl 70 and with 7 stars. I got to attack first with my Sidious and then his Poggle buffed their team after his Sidious attacked. That made it IG-88's turn and he instantly killed my Luminara and Kylo, my Kylo has 13k hp and died with almost full hp. His Luminara then takes about half my Sidious' health with her force ability and then he gets killed off by his Sidious.

Now the point I'm making is that I retreated 5 times and went back in 5 times and the outcome never changed. The exact same thing happened every time. Now I didn't try and switch my team around since I don't have any other 6+ stars characters other than my core team. I'm using Phasma, Kylo, Vader, Sidious and Luminara btw. Vader is only 4 stars, but has as much power rating as my 6 star ones. I only have Sidious with 7 stars.

My thought here is, shouldn't it be RNG that determines these battles? To me it seems like the AI already calculated the outcome of the battles depending on how you act. I don't see that as being fair in any way!?

Are you new on the forums? This has been known about for a long time.

GW uses RNG "seeding" which doesn't reroll unless you change the characters (or even just their location in the slots) and restart the mission.

Altering the action order will also produce different results. IE: instead of attacking Daka first, go for Sid, etc.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Yes I am quite new to this forum :) It would be super cool to know everything at anytime wouldn't it?

And as I've already said I did change who I attacked ;)
  • Options
    Yes I am quite new to this forum :) It would be super cool to know everything at anytime wouldn't it?

And as I've already said I did change who I attacked ;)

Well, welcome to the forums. Using the search will often get you answers quicker than reposting plus there may be really good advice in an earlier thread you might not see repeated.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I was looking through the Galactic War forum while searching for key words, but nothing popped up. I'm sorry and not sorry that you're so offended by my post ;)