How CLS affects Rancor (and other raid) payout ties

We've previously talked about ways we could envision CG adjusting the Raid reward payouts for ties. In an update a few months ago, CG actually did adjust the algorithm for resolving ties resulting from multiple players soloing the Heroic Rancor - instead of an internal ID determining the sort order it is now random.

Now a good portion of the player base (especially those farming Heroic Rancor) have a 7-star Commander Luke Skywalker. He's already been shown to solo the Heroic Rancor (without a supporting cast no less!). This means my guild, like many others, will soon be in a position where there could be 25-30 players in a single guild who are posting the full 10.3m score. That also means it will be possible to do a full solo of end game content, and get rewards that are not even top 20 quality.

I think something needs to be done. I don't know what. I 100% support CG for not letting everyone share rewards since one person can solo, 49 can take a 0, and technically those 49 would all get 2nd place rewards. That's pretty messed up and not "working as intended". However, I think there would be times where sharing rewards could be appropriate.

One idea: Perhaps in order to share rewards each player must complete at least 50% of the Rancor themselves? 75%? 90%? If they don't meet that score threshold, they just get whatever random payout is allotted.

Another idea: Perhaps the rewards stay randomized, but anyone who completes a full solo (10.3m damage) is guaranteed no worse than top 10 rewards?

What do you guys think? What would be a fair way to solve this issue?

Replies

• Options
    If you give the same reward for everybody with the same score the guild can choose someone to solo the raid and every other member will share the 2nd place reward, it is not fair.

The way it is now is not fair either, you can solo the whole raid to earn a 50th place reward.

I believe if you can solo a raid you deserve the 1st place reward no matter what and if you posted Zero damage you earn the 50th place reward, anything in between should earn the reward based on his score.

That would be fair for everybody.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I honestly want a tie to only apply to a full solo score. Then there is no issue if 1 solo and the 49 do 0, or any damage.

Edit: I also agree with the above. 2 hard limits that allow same reward, 0 = tier 50 and solo = tier 1.
  • Options
    @Kyno yeah I tend to agree. I'm thinking about that one guy who somehow AoE's his 0-damage and how fast he'd get booted from the guild lol. Aside from that happening (therefore making the solos all 99.9% solos), your suggestion is probably the only one that'd be realistic. And it'd be a great way to help alleviate the Rancor gear crunch as we move into TBs.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Can't follow the rules, warnings and the boot are a necessity. It's for the greater good.

Also going to bump this over to the correct sub forum.
  • Options
    @Kyno thx - I'm relatively new to posts so I appreciate the assist!
  • Options
    Update: 8 people in my guild soloed the Rancor tonight; one got to phase 4 with a g7 jyn and g8 CLS. At least every full solo got top 10 rewards, but this is only going to get worse as more people gear him up. The team was CLS lead, wiggs, jyn, and Rex. I was able to auto it with a g9 CLS (2nd unique zeta) and g8 jyn.
  • Options
    The fastest time who can solo, deserved the #1 rewards...