First post by an old player

Wil
140 posts Member
As far as I can tell from my achievements, I've been around since Dec. 2015

I have been completely FtP and have logged in nearly every day minus a few month hiatus in 2016. I needed advice lol... I saw a lot of solid droid teams when I started, so that's the direction I went. I love Grievous, so (like a foo') I poured all of my resources for the better part of a year into shards for getting him to 7*.

Since then I built up a FO squad looking towards the future, but I'm in a rough spot. I am really playing from behind. I never put together a Jedi, rebel, or empire squad like everyone else. I only just starred up a basic rebel squad to 7*, so I don't have any 7* legendary characters yet and am pretty bummed. I am pleased with my preemptive FO squad, but am just now building up my Jedi and considering also building up Separatists to get ahead of a potential curve since I already have Grievous. I'll probably look for a new guild soon too, as mine is largely inactive and poor in terms of communication.

Sorry this is a long sob story, I just love Star Wars and love this game and could possibly use advice. FtP is tougher than some people make it out to be. Too many places I should be focusing on considering how slowly resources get built up.

Replies

• Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
  • Options
    Build rebells. That's the only faction that last forever and always have new toons to fill-up rank.
  • Options
    It's galaxy of rebells anyway
  • Options
    Find a guild doing HAAT, your droids should do well
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    I also have a zKylo, so I am one of the few in my guild that is actually ready for HAAT. Probably time for a move, especially with TB coming.
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Well Id say there are alot of teams that you will need to build but yes rebels is a good place to start.

First Order will undoubtedly have a purpose by the end of this year so you will be ahead on that, by the same reasoning Resistance team is a good thing to preemptively work on, Also Resistance team decked out with zeta finn is a very good team to have for HAAT p2.

Other than that you will need a Jedi team to get Yoda, Empire team to get R2, Phoenix team to get Thrawn, Rebel team to get Emperor Palpatine and Scoundrals to do the heists if you arent already.

Im sure one day Grievous will get a rework so dont feel too bad about him, mine is still like 85/100.

Oh and in case you have been slacking on your ships, work on getting the zeta challenge 3stared so need dark side ships for that.

GL on the grind

BTW, my guild just started doing HAAT and we just kicked someone so we could use a new member if you are interested send me a PM
  • Options
    you should definitely consider moving, look in the guild section and see if anyone is recruiting, I'd offer you a spot in ours but we are full
  • Options
    1st get into a guild doing haat
    2nd put together a arena team that can get as high as possible with zlyo u have a start.
    3rd u don't need a '' good" jedi team. Just farm the 5 easiest or the ones that u have geared and lvled up the most. I believe I did it back in the day with 3 healers. Don't need the best jedi for it.
    4th work on rebels like Lando and sth who can help by being a scoundrel knock out 2 birds one stone.
    5th get chaze! Chaze will never die and will get u higher in arena no doubt.

After that then u can work on putting an empire and phoneix team together. I'd say empire team more important for R2 for Luke but ur choice. Thrawn is awesome but takes so much resources may not be feasible atm. But I would definitely be buying the shards of the 3 phoneix u can( that is if u have the coin)

The higher u get in arena the more crystals u can burn on refreshes. That will be ur best bet to farming multiple characters at once.
  • Options
    Don't forget phoenix can unlock thrawn and palpatine and two are jedi for yoda.
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I did build up by StH, Lando, and Boba to an extent, so I am now doing the heists at the highest tier and have a solid starting rebel team. I also recently built up my dark side ships enough that I can pull zetas from the ability material challenges. I feel that I am moving in the right direction, it just stinks that I waited too long to start reading these forums and studying up on Youtube.
  • Bjpac04
    119 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Don't forget phoenix can unlock thrawn and palpatine and two are jedi for yoda.

This is a good point. Maybe phoneix is best bet. If ur looking for all legendary chars they seem to cover alot of the bases.
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Bjpac04 wrote: »
    3rd u don't need a '' good" jedi team. Just farm the 5 easiest or the ones that u have geared and lvled up the most. I believe I did it back in the day with 3 healers. Don't need the best jedi for it.

This is good to know. I am not as far off as I was afraid then with my 7* Jedi Consular and Mace.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    I checked out your swgoh.gg profile. If you've been playing since '15, it looks like you've only done about 33% of the battles you could have done in that time.

As a f2p, it's important to max everything you can. Joining a good haat guild is important, but you also need to start ranking high in arena (first order is your best bet for this in the short term), completing gw daily, and using crystals from your arena wins to buy refreshes and farm gear, mods, and characters.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Mmmmmmooooooodddddddsssss..

That is all. Your FO could do fine with better mods. Check your top 5 and see what kind of speed secondaries they have. That should be your goal ;)

FO will pick up with the new movie.
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Options
    @ExarTheKun

I know.. my FO squad are all g11 and 7* and even have 3/4 zetas, so I know it's the mods that make up my struggle for top 100 rank. Every day I check the store for credit-only mods with speed secondaries and every day I am disappointed. I guess I need to hit the challenges a little harder. Again, an area that's tough with my limited number of squads, though I'm working on it (jawas/scoundrels).
  • Options
    Wil wrote: »

I know.. my FO squad are all g11 and 7* and even have 3/4 zetas, so I know it's the mods that make up my struggle for top 100 rank. Every day I check the store for credit-only mods with speed secondaries and every day I am disappointed. I guess I need to hit the challenges a little harder. Again, an area that's tough with my limited number of squads, though I'm working on it (jawas/scoundrels).

https://swgoh.gg/u/commodorecudz/

I only have one viable team for raids, GW and arena right now. My Resistance do all of the work for me, but having good mods allow me to use them everywhere.

I think you will experience the same versatility with your droids and FO squads. The resources that your toons could provide (crystals, raid coins, GW currency), with better mods, will benefit you a lot more than having a ton of under geared under modded teams.

Get those mods and your FO and droids will shine in raids and arena ;)
  • Options
    Message me, if you're looking for a heroic guild. I have a spot for you. I'm in an alliance that is full of helpful people who can give you direction, and are there to answer any and all questions. Best of luck! Message me! :)
    BlasterBabe aka Purple Dana aka The Countess aka DD