How to counter CLS teams

Answer is very simple. Zarris. She eats all those crits for breakfast!

I swapped around different options in my CLS team. Added DN, DT, JKA... none of them makes a difference. Zarris under a Rex/GK Lead, and CLS teams are useless.

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    You're doing something wrong then, because my CLS team still cakewalks Zarris under Rex (L) w/ GK, Nihilus and R2 as well as variations with Chaze. It just takes me 3 minutes instead of the usual minute or minute and a half. (Running CLS, Chaze, R2, Leia btw). Zarris can't heal protection and Luke and Chirrut can 1-shot people at full health 0 protection. You're probably going about the match wrong.
  • Options
    Youre over thinking it. Rex leads all do fine against cls. The key to beating rebels is other rebels. Yay!
  • crzydroid
    7323 posts Moderator
    Options
    Only played against one CLS in arena and lost (I think the whole team was pretty good)--don't remember what I did and didn't do, but I haven't bothered to try again as crystals have been important to me to get my own CLS so I didn't want to risk wasting battles...so no advice there.

Have had two CLS node 12s and both times played Hide the Nihilus, and that worked fairly well.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I tried my Zarriss, and the damage was just too great. Her 20% heal is less than the big damage being dealt.
  • Options
    Daze
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    @vertigo: Congrats. i tried exactly same team combo like you just now, but zarris is broken somehow. She heals like almost 80% of the damage i do...
  • Options
    Rex lead, GK, R2, Thrawn, Nihilus.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    @vertigo: Congrats. i tried exactly same team combo like you just now, but zarris is broken somehow. She heals like almost 80% of the damage i do...

How are your toons modded? CLS, Chirrut, and Leia all have crit dmg at 216%. Chirrut can do upwards of 40k crits when everyone is buffed (Only 6* atm), Leia's basic does about 16k crits (This one is the hardest, but I mainly use her to strip protection when I face Zarriss) and Luke's special can do 35k with call to action up. Use Luke and Chirrut to take out characters with full health and no protection and theres no chance for the heal to come in. Use R2's burning to suck away health 15% at a time. Baze is the most problematic as his crits will heal enemy toons with Zarriss in, but it's easy enough to get them down again. The only real problem is if Nihilus gets off Annihilate on one of your tanky toons because then he starts to have a lot more health so that 20% heal can go up a significant amount. But there should really be enough firepower in the team to take out Zarriss teams.
  • Options
    Bariss is one of the most effective healers because she doesn't heal a static amount, she equalizes the team's health percentage and then heals a little bit in addition. If you spread your damage around too much, she can beat you by redistributing the damage more evenly, and she will disregard healing immunities as well.

But being one of the most effective healers doesn't necessarily mean very much if the game is balanced so that healing is, by and large, inferior to damage.

The key to beating Bariss is simply to focus all damage against a single character and kill him before Bariss can save him. Stun or ability block Bariss if necessary to give yourself more time to secure a kill. If any of your characters has an attack that could crit for less than 20% of the target's health, don't use it because Bariss' zeta unique will allow him to come out with more health than he had before the attack.

Choose your target, deal big damage to him, and stay on him until he's dead. Then choose another target and repeat.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Bariss is one of the most effective healers because she doesn't heal a static amount, she equalizes the team's health percentage and then heals a little bit in addition. If you spread your damage around too much, she can beat you by redistributing the damage more evenly, and she will disregard healing immunities as well.

But being one of the most effective healers doesn't necessarily mean very much if the game is balanced so that healing is, by and large, inferior to damage.

The key to beating Bariss is simply to focus all damage against a single character and kill him before Bariss can save him. Stun or ability block Bariss if necessary to give yourself more time to secure a kill. If any of your characters has an attack that could crit for less than 20% of the target's health, don't use it because Bariss' zeta unique will allow him to come out with more health than he had before the attack.

Choose your target, deal big damage to him, and stay on him until he's dead. Then choose another target and repeat.

To add to that, if you have a character whose crit will deal less than 20% of their health, have them attack someone who still has protection. Zarriss can't do anything about protection and you can still widdle down protection while saving your big DPS for toons that need to be focused on.
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    Options
    Zmaul
  • Options

Bariss is only countering low damage multi-attacks toons such as Sabine, Leia or Tano. Once heavily buffed Leia can deliver some incredible punch though.

If Han Solo is shooting at you, Bariss won't save you, ever. Once you have no more protection you're already dead and only a few toons with high regen/defense can survive without it - Baze/Sith Trooper, zAvage, Sunfac or a tough zylo. Just be sure you kill Bariss first before such toon and everything is fine.

And equalizing heal isn't necessarily the best healing ever since you won't heal a thing against agressive teams with a lot of AoE. Once everyone is wounded Bariss won't save you, you'd better have an ewok elder then especially if someone is dead. ^ ^
  • Options

In offense, I can beat most CLS teams with this.
  • Options

Tarugo91 wrote: »

In offense, I can beat most CLS teams with this.

Do you have zeta(s) on R2? How much difference does the Number Crunching one do? I've been holding off on doing it

Also, who do you fracture? GK?
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Gk lead Zarris r2 Thrawn dn beats every cls lead all standing at the end do it everyday for rank 1