CLS You are my Everest. [Merged Threads]

Prev1
Obe2Kenobi
157 posts Member
edited August 2017
Hey All
I have been farming the required toons for this event and I am 1 Shard away from maxing out Luke farmboy allowing me to finally attempt the final stage and unlock C Luke. I am totally F2P and proud it was painful grind but i did it. I notice on the forums an insane amount of whining about people not getting him. Well that is simply down to those players and their play styles when i started this game my goal was to get every character I have been playing just over a year and have only 22 more character unlocked. So my question is why all the whining, you played your own way for ships or squad rank or to rock your favorite gang of seth/jedi/rebels why all the crying about this guy especially when you get farmboy from the start and they fixed him? I mean what do you want from the devs? Yes it was hard to unlock him I get that but you cant expect to get him if you didn't even try.
Post edited by RJ__Brando on

Replies

• Options
    well with me it's my own fault. I was so burned out of farming useless toons (after farmboy for the first set of events) then phoenix squad. seeing how little old ben shards I had and how long I havent farmed mods I decided against farming old ben betting he would not be required. I was wrong and I have to live with that I still have 184 shards to go. so no luke for me.

anyhow the event was /is totally doable ftp. its not like the chaze desaster for us free to play players. so I think devs have done us no wrong. its just the way things go.

I also think the event was very nicely done.
  • Options
    Laserbrain wrote: »
    well with me it's my own fault. I was so burned out of farming useless toons (after farmboy for the first set of events) then phoenix squad. seeing how little old ben shards I had and how long I havent farmed mods I decided against farming old ben betting he would not be required. I was wrong and I have to live with that I still have 184 shards to go. so no luke for me.

anyhow the event was /is totally doable ftp. its not like the chaze desaster for us free to play players. so I think devs have done us no wrong. its just the way things go.

I also think the event was very nicely done.

You own it. Its fine being annoyed but so much complaining like Trawn i only got him at 5 its just the way it is you cant get everyone all the time but the second time they come back everyone should be on the ball but there will still be tears no doubt.
  • Options
    That's my goal too man, good luck!
  • FredsFatties
    125 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Obe2Kenobi wrote: »
    Hey All
    I have been farming the required toons for this event and I am 1 Shard away from maxing out Luke farmboy allowing me to finally attempt the final stage and unlock C Luke. I am totally F2P and proud it was painful grind but i did it. I notice on the forums an insane amount of whining about people not getting him. Well that is simply down to those players and their play styles when i started this game my goal was to get every character I have been playing just over a year and have only 22 more character unlocked. So my question is why all the whining, you played your own way for ships or squad rank or to rock your favorite gang of seth/jedi/rebels why all the crying about this guy especially when you get farmboy from the start and they fixed him? I mean what do you want from the devs? Yes it was hard to unlock him I get that but you cant expect to get him if you didn't even try.

I got him today, finished the farm for Farmboy this morning, and tried my nuts off at the final tier. It might have taken 50 tries, but I've got him. As an F2P player. I started in late December and I got lucky, I followed all the predictions on here, the only thing that caught me out was the 7 star unlock.

I had mentally prepped to unlock him at 6*(so useable in AAT) and that would be that. Then the bomb dropped about the extra level needed. Cue me rage farming Luke, Old Ben from 5* and St Han and Leia from 6* R2 I knew I had the toons for already. Luckily I had 10k arena tokens saved so I didn't hit that bottleneck, the only thing that could stop me was gear levels.

I squeezed R2 & Luke to G9 and everyone else was G8, and I knew it wouldn't get better than that.... A little mod switcheroo and I'm one very happy camper.

Just got to get PS up to 6* ready for Thrawn now because I don't want to miss out again!

But I'm with the OP, I don't get the whining, I made some decisions, some paid off, others did not.

I have newer players than me with full Rogue One squads kicking my kitten in the raids because I haven't focused on those areas. I have newer players with muuuch stronger arena teams because I haven't farmed speed mod secondaries. I have newer players in my guild who have stronger fleets capable of farming Zetas while I'm not. Whose right? Me currently, but realistically them in the medium to long term....

Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    Obe2Kenobi wrote: »
    Hey All

9/10
  • Options

Same goal too. Im ftp but been at it a bit longer. If I recall we got jawa not farmboy at start back then but so long ago I'm not sure anymore. Theyve added so many new toons and cap increases ive pretty much achieved that original goal and then some. Though mob enforcer is still only 2* Lol. Good luck and farm on :)
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    Options
    FredsFatties,

What Mods did you use?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    6 5 dot health mods with protection or health primaries on St Han.

4 4 dot speed mods with any primary + 2 5 dot potency with any primary on R2

Mixture of 5 dot potency/Crit chance on Luke with speed secondaries

Mixture of health/ Crit chance on Leia with speed secondaries.

Like I said, my mods are NOT good or optimal BUT they were all lvl15 and full sets where possible
  • Options
    I'm so happy. I needed about 30 tries with Leia+Luke G9, StHan G8 an R2 G7. It was crazy, but then the mods worked out. F2P baby!

But I can understand especially new players. If you just have started, than CLS was mostly out of reach. So I hope the event comes back (soon) for everyone, who couldn't do it this time.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    I'm whiny because my CLS needs some serious gear. :#
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Old ben was my weakness.. accepted couple days into the event was never going to get CLS considering i started him just before the event started and i was at like 8 shards in

Gutted as he looks an awesome toon.. 7*d palps and RD first time round... next time they come ill be ready for 7* cls and up my 5* thrawn

More disappointment than anger... i just never had any interest in old ben.. joining Jan 2015 could see his meta days were numbered so just never bothered with him
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I went turbo mode farming farmboy and old ben once the toon requirements were announced. I had farmboy 4 star and hadn't even unlocked old ben. Now they're both comfortably 6 star but i only have 47 crystals left and likely wont be able to get cls. Im not mad, just disappointed i ignored all the signs leading up to the announcement.
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »

Lol same.

And I'm going to whine that I promoted 7 toons to 7* right after I unlocked CLS and now I'm out of credits to level him. I should have left bodhi rook at 6* :'(
  • Options
    I am whining because as ftp for 7 months, the pay to win teams with chase, nihilus, thrawn were already annoying, now with the addition of another op pay to win toon, there is no chance to compete for top spots in arena or finish GW. As ftw, why would you ever have farmed Ben, leia and farmboy to 7 stars? not to mention a full 7 star empire team to get r2. The game now consist of people who either have been playing for a long time or spent a lot of money. You now have those with and without CLS. With every new addition of these OP toons the rift between newer players and older playes is getting bigger and bigger. Knowing I am never will be able to catch-up is not a great motivator. Yes I can set everything aside and get him in a hlaf year or so. That will set me back in other areas like doing well in raids or arena. I dont mind them making money, but this start to get anoying. The last four days my node 12 in gw were fully maxed out teams with GK, R2, nihilus, cls and thrawn which is getting frustrating
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Banaan1 wrote: »
    I am whining because as ftp for 7 months, the pay to win teams with chase, nihilus, thrawn were already annoying, now with the addition of another op pay to win toon, there is no chance to compete for top spots in arena or finish GW.

Boo hoo. I've been playing F2P since Dec. 2015 and have cracked the top 100 maybe 3-4 times. Lately I've been around 130-40, which is great for me. Either start slathering money all over this game or stop pretending as a freebie you have a chance to be among the best.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I don't know if it was stated ahead of time but this is the first seven star requirement to unlock, which I think would be a fair thing to criticize when you get something like a week and a half of notice
  • Options
    I am whining because as ftp for 7 months, the pay to win teams with chase, nihilus, thrawn were already annoying, now with the addition of another op pay to win toon, there is no chance to compete for top spots in arena or finish GW. As ftw, why would you ever have farmed Ben, leia and farmboy to 7 stars? not to mention a full 7 star empire team to get r2. The game now consist of people who either have been playing for a long time or spent a lot of money. You now have those with and without CLS. With every new addition of these OP toons the rift between newer players and older playes is getting bigger and bigger. Knowing I am never will be able to catch-up is not a great motivator. Yes I can set everything aside and get him in a hlaf year or so. That will set me back in other areas like doing well in raids or arena. I dont mind them making money, but this start to get anoying. The last four days my node 12 in gw were fully maxed out teams with GK, R2, nihilus, cls and thrawn which is getting frustrating

When i first started this game, Farmboy luke was my first cantina farm. He was a decent toon for a F2P character. ST Han and Leia were both good toons when they were released so i got those too. My focus shifted and i went to empire as i played the game more because i like the empire faction. I even ran them during wiggs meta. Its not like everyone that has CLS paid for it, some people just had different play styles and its working in their favor. And you can compete for top spots without some of those toons, i see plenty of teams without DN or without thrawn in top spots.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Calling CLS a pay 2 win toon is laughable. All the characters that came through Marquee events and were bought up through packs before being placed on a single hard node - Those you can call pay to win. Anyone obtained through a legendary event can not be considered pay to win, no offense.

I have been playing for barely over 8 months, and I crack top 50 every day I try in PvP with Droids of all things. Don't tell me it's about pay to win characters.
  • Options

Same goal too. Im ftp but been at it a bit longer. If I recall we got jawa not farmboy at start back then but so long ago I'm not sure anymore. Theyve added so many new toons and cap increases ive pretty much achieved that original goal and then some. Though mob enforcer is still only 2* Lol. Good luck and farm on :)

Not everyone gets the same toon at the beginning of the game. I got Luke myself but there are a handful of others ppl receive.

Anyway, I like this thread and kudos to all the ftp that are unlocking CLS this time around. To those that miss him this time, don't sweat it, the event will be back. I spend, not whale amounts but enough, and it's still virtually impossibly to get every toon 7* the first time the event comes around. I only got 5* Thrawn & am patiently waiting for the event to return, prepping Phoenix so I'm ready to breeze through it. Same with Palp, and I dropped hundreds just to get him 5* the first time around, but I easily got him 7* when the event came back. R2 was luck of the draw as I'd chosen to focus on Darkside. Point is, you'll live, whether or not you unlock CLS this first time around. There's always gonna be another toon to strive for and I hope it stays that way.
  • Options

Your 7 month old shard does not face long term players, those are whales.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options

Is it player name gaspassingdoc with that line up on your node 12? My easy/broken node 12 went away when I got CLS, and I got that same line up you mentioned courtesy of gaspassingdoc for 3 days in a row now in GW. Thought it was a bot at first since I kept getting the same, but it's a real player profile. But that's okay, I easily take care of business with a zeta Finn Resistence squad and my overpowered heroes. Also, seven months isn't that long dude, you're in an early shard. Hang in there and good luck.
  • Options

I'm whiny because I'm short gear too, but I put him in Arena anyway at g9 and he is not impressing. But that will not deter me from pushing him up to g11.
  • Options
    Is this going to return seeing I just ran out of time and $$$ on him Leia and old Ben both are at 6* working on 7*
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options

Why would a F2P player ever catch up to a P2P player? The very definition of P2P is that everything comes faster because you're paying for it. As long as they keep paying and you don't that gap will widen.

As for longevity, what's the solution? Tell people who have been around longer to slow down? A person playing for 18-24 months is going to be far more advanced than someone playing for 7 months. There's no way to avoid it.

CLS was the first toon I got first time and I've been playing for well over a year. At some point the same will happen for you and I doubt when it does you'll be throwing your hand up to slow down for all the newer F2P players so they can catch up.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options

I'm whiny because I'm short gear too, but I put him in Arena anyway at g9 and he is not impressing. But that will not deter me from pushing him up to g11.

That double stun cuff wall to get to g10 was annoying.

Got a pleasant surprise when i upgraded to g10 and every slot was already green. No idea if it's an easy level or I was just very lucky that the gear was sitting there. Maybe a bit of both.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Yes it will return at some point. No idea when.
  • Options
    Hell I just missed thawn and now I miss cls all by like 1 star
  • Options

I'm not whiny because at G8 he took my previous high of 3.4 million to a full solo Rancor. Teebo (L) Rex Jyn Wedge CLS - took awhile but woot woot!! Auto is next! Long Live CLS...Long Live CLS