Anyone Zeta Old Ben's Taunt?

Anyone Zeta Old Ben's Taunt?

Replies

• Options
    I heard one guy in my shard did...by accident...
  • Options
    Just trying to find someone who has to ask a question
  • Options
    fotrovina wrote: »
    I heard one guy in my shard did...by accident...

I did that with Jyn's leader ability ... lol
  • Options
    I was hoping to find an answer on this post as well, since I'm intentionally contemplating doing this. Yes, on purpose.

The Devs have confirmed 2nd Taunt will proc through Fracture, right?

I'm assuming it would behave the same through CL's debuff and anti-buff application on a character, but one of my guildmates who theorycrafts seems to believe it would not be able to proc, though cannot say why.

I'm hoping to find confirmation one way or another from someone else before I drop 20 Zeta's on this.

Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    I was hoping to find an answer on this post as well, since I'm intentionally contemplating doing this. Yes, on purpose.

I'm assuming it would behave the same through CL's debuff and anti-buff application on a character, but one of my guildmates who theorycrafts seems to believe it would not be able to proc, though cannot say why.

I'm hoping to find confirmation one way or another from someone else before I drop 20 Zeta's on this.

The gif that made it look like OB taunted a 2nd time through fracture was misleading. OB was fractured, speed set to 0. The next turn went to Thrawn, so...fracture fell off, taunt popped up.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »

The gif that made it look like OB taunted a 2nd time through fracture was misleading. OB was fractured, speed set to 0. The next turn went to Thrawn, so...fracture fell off, taunt popped up.

That doesn't make sense

Why would he automatically taunt because Fracture expired?
  • Options

That doesn't make sense

Why would he automatically taunt because Fracture expired?

I'm curious about this too?
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Fracture does four things:

1. Deal special damage to target enemy four times.
    2. Dispel all buffs on them.
    3. Remove 50% turn meter.
    4. Inflict Fracture until the start of Thrawn's next turn.

So the way I read it is that Ben's taunt is dispelled after step two, and he immediately regains his taunt before steps three and four.
  • Options
    This is pretty much my thought process as well. A Dev has even confirmed it's so right after that first GIF displayed.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

This is 100% wrong. Taunt wouldn't come back later. There is no delay process.
    dad2my3 wrote: »

So the way I read it is that Ben's taunt is dispelled after step two, and he immediately regains his taunt before steps three and four.

And this is both wrong and correct. Correct in that you are right for why obi's taunt behaves the way it does with 'Fracture'. Just have the skill order incorrect.

Do not use the in-game skill's description as the order-of-operations for the attack. It can be wrong.

According the skill information gathered from swogh.gg, 'Fracture' actually works like this:

First: dispels
    Second: applies Fracture
    Third: reduces tm by 50%
    Fourth:deals damage

The dispel happens first. This makes the taunt appear simultaneously and THEN 'Fracture' debuff is applied. The debuff doesn't prevent buffs that apply right before it lands only after it lands.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

And this is both wrong and correct. Correct in that you are right for why obi's taunt behaves the way it does with 'Fracture'. Just have the skill order incorrect.

Do not use the in-game skill's description as the order-of-operations for the attack. It can be wrong.

According the skill information gathered from swogh.gg, 'Fracture' actually works like this:

The dispel happens first. This makes the taunt appear simultaneously and THEN 'Fracture' debuff is applied. The debuff doesn't prevent buffs that apply right before it lands only after it lands.

Savage's buffs don't be come back when he is fractured.

Is Savage's mechanic different than Old Ben's?

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

Savage's buffs don't be come back when he is fractured.

Is Savage's mechanic different than Old Ben's?

Yes. Savage requires damage to get his buffs. Since damage is the final step of 'Fracture,' the debuff is present before the 4 hits occur and thus preventing the two buffs.