TFP needed for Zader rancor solo?

As the title asks, trying to find out how necessary TFP is for a Zader rancor team. It's a glaring omission I know but don't have him leveled yet.

Is tenacity down absolutely necessary or just helpful? Can Dengar cut it with some more hand holding or just not work out?

Thx for info

Replies

• Options
    Necessary. You can get it somewhere else but TFP is the best option (besides CLS anyway).
  • Options
    Cls, tfp, dengar
  • Options
    TFP is probably your best option for tenacity down unless you have CLS. It makes a huge difference in phase 4
  • Options
    Does it help to use both CLS and TFP? Or is one redundant?
  • Options
    Cls is better than tfp
  • Options
    Cls is better than tfp

Yeah but if you have CLS, I don't think soloing the rancor will be an issue
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Cls is better than tfp

Yeah but if you have CLS, I don't think soloing the rancor will be an issue

The dude asked if both would be good to use
  • Mkalmurphy
    90 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I like to use both so I can lob culling blade with more confidence.
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Gamble wrote: »
    As the title asks, trying to find out how necessary TFP is for a Zader rancor team. It's a glaring omission I know but don't have him leveled yet.

Is tenacity down absolutely necessary or just helpful?

Tenacity down is not absolutely necessary. I just switched my TFP for Bistan, and I didn't really notice the rancor resisting more. Of course it helps when you have Jyn and Tarkin, who don't need potency. Other toons need potency over 60 though, and preferably 80. The problem is that with tenacity down, you can mod your toons with just speed and dmg, but when you don't have a toon that can apply tenacity down, you'll have to use more potency mods, and you'll therefore lose out on some speed and dmg.

Anyway, I'm not sure which is best, but I found it quite nice to get another turn meter removing toon in there, instead of TFP who doesn't remove a lot of turn meter. Anyway, my current team is zVader, Magmatrooper, Tarkin, Jyn, Bistan.
  • Options
    TFP is not needed with the team of Zader, DN, Jyn, Bistan and Tarkin. But you need speed and potency, particularly on your TMR toons. You won't miss tenacity down.

I ran this solo team before CLS was unleashed.
  • Options
    What about Zader, teboo, bistan, jyn, and tusken sharmen. Would that work
  • Options
    I like to use both so I can lob culling blade with more confidence. With only 1 ten down character you have to be a bit more careful.
  • Options
    TFP is not needed with the team of Zader, DN, Jyn, Bistan and Tarkin. But you need speed and potency, particularly on your TMR toons. I ran this team before CLS was unleashed and tenacity down was not required.
  • Options
    TFP is probably your best option unless you have CLS or Krennic. Tenacity down makes a huge difference in P4 of Heroic Pit Raid.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Would actually hurt you to use tfp at this point. Rather pick up tarkin/Rex/jyn/solo/bistan
  • Options
    Jetlife wrote: »

Would actually hurt you to use tfp at this point. Rather pick up tarkin/Rex/jyn/solo/bistan

Tested a couple of different teams now.

Wiggs + CLS was FAST, but risky (although I am running him at 90 speed, and a shardmate running at slightly over 100 speed reported no problems). QGJ + CLS is far slower, but very safe.

Given that CLS provides all the debuffs you need AND all the TMR you need, you can run damage next to him, and especially assist calls. Luke can take a hit, because he just heals himself back up.

With QGJ it's about the same speed as the old Vader auto basic. With Wiggs it's very fast, but at my speeds, Rancor took too many turns and ate Luke, which is clearly the end of the run.

As I type this, Rancor smashed Luke at the start of P4, so clearly not that safe after all. To be completely safe, stop auto at the end of phases, and play the start of each one manually to apply debuffs correctly. Especially P4 (didn't have problems in the others).
  • Options
    Thx for replies. It might end up being a moot point though as it looks like I'll be able to squeeze CLS out in literally the last hour of the event hehe
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Difficult without TFP, I used to use him for solo but now just use CLS.