GS's Ridiculously priced gear (I've done the math, you will want to see this.)

XCOM
250 posts Member
edited February 2016
So, let's do some math.

GS at level 67 with Gear VIII - one slot requires 50 MK3 purple Czerca stun cuff salvage pieces - 50!!!

At a bargain price of only 10 battle energy and ~15% drop rate (being generous here, it's more like 10%) how long would one take to get MK3 Czerca stun cuffs?

333 pulls, at 6 min per 1 energy and 60 minutes per pull, you'd need a whooping 13.8 DAYS to get a gear that gives you a grand total of 250 health.

Most characters hit at about 2,000-4,000 so 13.8 days to sustain maybe 8% but usually around 2.5% more damage???

(Didn't take into account crystal refreshes but for FTP its negligible. We are still talking about one character's one slot.)

Anybody see anything wrong with that picture?
Post edited by XCOM on

Replies

• Options
    psychological advantage? people see your ludicrous gear level in arena and flee in abject terror! lol
  • Options
    I think 6 minutes per energy, so i guess bump up everything.
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    After I calculated it, I flee in terror from the gear... Lol

PS Recalculated for 6 min in original post... I really need to stop spending. Lol

There has to be some adjustment made. Most people complain about nurfing/buffing... How about making gear more (much more) accessible... Or at least reasonable.
  • Options
    Most of GS's gear is very cheap. So the price of one piece of gear to upgrade to gear IX is well worth it. It took me 4 days of 4 refreshes to get the piece. It's a worthwhile investment imo.
  • Keyzer_Soze
    117 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Only took me a few days to get the 50 needed for gear 9. And that's with still doing all my hard node farming. I refresh 5 times a day, up until it costs 200

Start now and you'll be fine for when you hit 70. It's worth it

Also.it doesn't just give you 250 health. It's the final piece for gear lev 9 when you hit 70. That upgrade is why GS is so good right now. When the cap rises, he won't be quite as great
  • Options
    *press button to win mentality activated*
  • Options
    Is gs really that good? I've had him from day one, but he's still at only 3 stars. Why bother?
  • Options
    Wait till u have like 5 chars that all need 2 sets of 50 purple hair dryers...
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Bhoris wrote: »
    Most of GS's gear is very cheap. So the price of one piece of gear to upgrade to gear IX is well worth it. It took me 4 days of 4 refreshes to get the piece. It's a worthwhile investment imo.

Ok, so it took 5 refreshes per day for 4.6 days with grand total 1,380 crystals... Or in other words $13.80 cents for 1 piece of equipment... That will lead to more equipment... We are not even talking about 1,000,000 XP (~$10) that is required for last star or >125,000 XP per level of upgrade 68, 69, etc.
  • Options
    Is gs really that good? I've had him from day one, but he's still at only 3 stars. Why bother?

He's fast, calls an assist every other turn, gives himself offense up, and gets turn meter on crit. Put him w Sid and Poggle and he's beast mode.
  • Options
    He is very very good thus the high cost of gearing him. The OP criers need to remember this when they start in on him next.
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    He is very very good thus the high cost of gearing him. The OP criers need to remember this when they start in on him next.

Exactly was my point about denurfung Poe (money that went into upgrades...)

I really should have done the math before I started but I couldn't see the gear/requirements needed. I hope newbies see this and think twice about "investing" money (specifically)... Time is fine.

21 spins 2 gears (bought a refresh for 100)... 15% my butt...
  • Keyzer_Soze
    117 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Hey Shawn. See your posts a lot and agree with you a lot. A side advice question if I may. Looking for an alt 4th assist caller. I run Sid L, GS, 86, Lumi, Poe. No issues w getting #1 ever, but obv going to put QGJ in for either Lumi or Poe, probably Poggle too. We'll see. However, I want a back burner 4th assist in the works just in case. Which leaves Biggs, Tuskan Raider, and 5s. Got any of them at 7 maxed?

Ha, typed all that then the choice was obvious. Biggs 7* in 11 days, w crit boost and 100% turn meter when critted? Going that route. Unless you've got a compelling reason for someone else? Not a fan of the speed of Biggs, but hey, it's only a backup I'm looking for
  • Options
    I'm working on the last piece of gear for GS. 50 of those **** hair dryers, but it will be worth it because once his gear is maxed out I will rule the world, muhahahaha.
  • Options

He's a beast, an absolute beast. Put him with Poggle and you've got a monster on your hands.. lvl 70 max gear, 6,100 power... not many toons in that range.
    There's a reason you see three droids, Poggle and GS together..
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    Well, again, that gear only gives 250 health and then it opens... You guessed it, more gear (don't know what it'll be but expecting 100 hairdryers per piece... Lol)