Galactic War qualifiers

So what exactly determines what the strength of your opponents will be? Is it your profile level, or is it the level of your characters/overall squad power level? Here's an example: My profile level is 64, yet I've purposely kept my characters at 53. The problem is I routinely face level 69 profile opponents (usually people who are in my ally list btw) who have characters ranked 65-68. Oh, and this is at nodes 5-7. Can someone fill me in as to what constitutes what level opponents you face?

Replies

• Options
    I believe player level plays into it. I'm PL 67 and most squad is 60-65, and I face a lot of 68 and 69 in the GW. Some say arena rank plays into it but I haven't seen the correlation myself.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    I've seen seven star lvl 70 since lvl 64.
  • Nutteralex
    449 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    When I hit level 65 which brought my power up to 25k from 23.5k GW got drastically harder.

But no one actually knows how GW works.
  • Baf
    41 posts Member
    Options
    It is based on your highest ever rank in PvP arena
  • Baf
    41 posts Member
    Options
    Which is why you should sandbag PvP play until you've farmed enough heros to easily dominate GW or you don't need as many shards from GW store anymore
  • Options
    I'm also lvl 64, I have my top 7 at lvl 64 and the rest are lvl 50-1

I only occasionally get teams of 60-62, usually they are 55-58 max.

Not sure how much arena has to do with it, im currently 78 but have made top 40

I think when you started playing may also have a bearing too, I started 1 January
    Roger roger
  • Options
    Dilligaf wrote: »
    I'm also lvl 64, I have my top 7 at lvl 64 and the rest are lvl 50-1

I only occasionally get teams of 60-62, usually they are 55-58 max.

Not sure how much arena has to do with it, im currently 78 but have made top 40

I think when you started playing may also have a bearing too, I started 1 January

See this is what has me so confused. Like the above poster suggested, I've sandbagged Arena in hopes of breezing through GW. Highest I ranked on this account was like 600. Still get seriously outmatched opponents. If anyone knows for sure how they determine your opponents please enlighten me.
  • Options
    Baf wrote: »
    Which is why you should sandbag PvP play until you've farmed enough heros to easily dominate GW or you don't need as many shards from GW store anymore

Yeah, but now they've opened up trading in your extra 7 star character shards for random characters. Those GW shards are more valuable now than ever
  • Options
    It is only speculated that Arena rank is applicable (or highest ever rank, as some panicky posters keep suggesting), although I've hit #1 before, and while GW is getting tougher (level 68 now, top 5 ~24000 power), I rarely see a full L70 all 7star group. I have spread out character development (having 16 now above L50), and haven't failed it since they changed the retreat function.

It is less common that I have to bait out the opponents special moves with a suicide squad, or game the RNG, though I still have to do one or both at least once on most play throughs.
  • Options
    I've seen no evidence "sandbagging" gives you any advantage in GW but I'm more than happy if anyone on my shard wants to throw Arena matches.
    Roger roger
  • Options
    BINGA wrote: »
    Baf wrote: »

Yeah, but now they've opened up trading in your extra 7 star character shards for random characters. Those GW shards are more valuable now than ever

Nah, it's really inefficient to farm shipments (arena or GW) for the "extra shard" currency. The exchange would be a single shard for 800 GW or Arena currency, or a whopping 264,000 currency for a 7-star via shard trade ins.
  • Options
    It seems to me like its somewhat random. About half the time, my run in GW will give me my toughest opponent on the 4-8 node, and then the last node will be a complete joke and I can wipe them all without taking much of a beating.