Six man champion alternative arena

BoxandthefuzzForever
145 posts Member
edited August 2017
Please, please, please consider this:

I would love to see an alternative arena game mode revamp. I think this would be amazeballs fun:

-Six man arena
-One leader ability, however you choose a second leader who's ability takes over if the primary leader dies.
-Only pure faction teams can be used (may require news toons for a few factions)
-Only 7* characters can be used
-Probably would need 7:30 timer like ships

Possibly tie it to normal arena as a championship league where you could face other top ten players form other shards. Maybe have seasons and overall rankings that would have huge reward payouts once a season.

It's sort of a hybrid between arena as we know it and squad tournaments.

If you like it please comment and keep it going. Would love for something like this to catch on.

Replies

• RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    -One leader ability, however you choose a second leader who's ability takes over if the primary leader dies.

This is actually really intriguing.... adds a huge layer of synergy/ strategy
  • KP67s
    42 posts Member
    Options
    Got my vote lol I think it would definitely help stave off the staleness people are having in arena currently, adds a lot of diversity to this arena mode and challenges you to build a faction team to take the top spot.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    I like it but that's because I'm part of the 1% of players who could actually participate. Unfortunately, that's the reason why I dont see exactly this happening because it does not cater to the masses.

But very cool ideas
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Moved to correct sub forum.

And dead... Good thing I posted it on reddit too.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe if everyone could participate...
    For example, people between 100 and 51 vs people betwee 100 and 51, people between 50 and 21 vs people between 50 and 21, etc
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, that means there will be a lot of CLS primary leads with Wedge secondaries since that makes Rebels effectively immortal. Thrawn with either Zader or EP are the only possible alternative.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Not to mention R2 Number Crunch is going to be nuts. Don't think characters are designed to be balanced for 6-men teams.