How to make Phoenix better.

It is a fact that many people don't like Phoenix. Either because they don't like Rebels TV Series or because there were not as good as we thought in-game. Even though I am not one of those people, I think a few teaks on their kit would make them Arena and Raid viable. I'm going to break it down in two parts.

Let's start with the biggest issue: Hera's leadership ability.
She has one of the most unique, yet underwhelming Leader abilities in the game. While she makes all Phoenix allies to share their uniques, as soon as someone dies, those bonuses are gone. A way to improve this is making each character to share their Uniques on their own (with Phoenix allies only of course) and reworking Hera's leader ability as a whole. Kind of like Veers and Imperial Troopers.
Here are some examples of a viable lead ability for Hera:
  • Rise Together: Rebel allies gain 25% Maximum health and 30% Tenacity. If Hera is active, Phoenix allies gain 20% Turn Metter whenever they use an special ability. [ZETA] In addition, whenever a Phoenix ally attacks out of their turn, reduce their own cooldowns by 1.
Explanation: Makes Rebel/Phoenix hybrid teams a bit more viable with the health and tenacity bonuses.Characters like Commander Luke, Han Solo and Ahsoka Fulcrum can be brought in to a Phoenix team to increase their viability in Arena or Raids. Health allows characters like Hera to survive a bit longer, while it benefits Chopper, Zeb and Kanaan's Unique in some way. Tenacity will help prevent debuffs like Daze, than could potentially shut down this team. Phoenix exclusive bonuses will obviously help them team in many ways, like using Kanaan's cleanse and Sabine's AoE more frequently, considering that this team will counter attack a lot (and they also have plenty of assists with Hera and Ezra).

Let's go to the second issue: Kanaan.
While I think his unique is the bread and butter of the team, he feels a bit lackluster in other areas. While the Offense Down is a nice way to keep enemies from dealing lots of damage, he can do way more with a small upgrade. I came up with a few teaks on his abilities:
  • Disarming Strike: Deal physical damage to target enemy and inflict Offense Down until the start of Kanan's next turn. If this attack scores a Critical Hit, this effect can't be Resisted. This ability gains +15% Critical Hit Chance for each ally under full Health. Dispell all buffs on target if Kanaan attacks out of his turn.
  • Intervene: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Taunt for 2 turns, then Dispel all debuffs on another target ally. While Kanan has this taunt buff, his Tenacity is doubled and has -25 Speed.
Explanation: The dispell can be useful under Hera's or Ezra's assist. He can be some sort of Jedi Sun Fac, and would be way more viable outside Phoenix (like in Rebel/Jedi teams). The -25 Speed would help the Offense down mechanic as well.

I thought of other misc changes, but I think Phoenix would be way better like this.
I want to read your thoughts on this. Do you think they would be OP or still bad? What changes would you make?

Keep in mind that I'm one of those players who think Rebels and Light Side characters are getting too much attention. That being said, I still think Phoenix Squad deserves better.

Replies

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I love the suggestion, their uniques share really should be devided not just through hera's lead.
  • Options
    Not sure -25 speed is neccessarry he is already snail slow :D

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    They are like troopers, but worse. I hate being forced to use Hera as a lead.
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Options
    I'd love to run Phoenix under Wedge lead and still have all of their uniques shared.
  • Options
    Hmm...not sure why people don't t like them... I did 1.3 mil in heroic Rancor and 800k in the HAAT with them and i still have to get Zeb and Kanaan to higher gear levels.
  • Options
    We have enough "viable" Rebels, it's honestly astounding anyone wants more while droids sit in the corner unloved for over a year. Enough is enough!
  • Grue
    54 posts Member
    Options
    I was thinking that Phoenix should share with Phoenix without Hera and that Hera's leader should be that any rebel in the squad would become a temporary member of Phoenix, and original Phoenix members get +offense.

I think that'd be much more inline with the show. It bugs me two Phoenix members can't work together and fulcrum or Rex or wedge can't work with them.