Where do you get your gold gear?

cw8
98 posts Member
Trying to get my first G11 character since Jan this year. I'm left with 2 pieces of gold gear that are 50 pieces each. Except that the droprates seem to be horrible for them, not sure if they're worse than stun guns and cuffs but it seems like it. 200 energy for 1 gold piece yesterday...Now there's 25 piece shipment for 375 crystals and I'm not sure if it's worth the purchase or should I just stick to buying raid pieces with crystals.

Replies

• Options
    Well.. mostly i buy them from shipment with crystal. I relying reward from aat raid before, but i am very dissapointed bcause all i get is challenge gear. :relieved:
    not-sure-if-its-a-trap.jpg
    U ask people, i'm sure their answer is shipment.. because they want us to buy gold gear with xbxgareifjcbckvpahayacsndkdgv$$$

Sorry, my keyboard error :#
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Some gold gear is farmable in light and dark side battle. Depends what you're looking for.
  • Options
    Farming gold gear isn’t worth it when it’s 750 crystals for 50 in the shop (if it ever appears).

It wouldn’t be worth it even at purple drop rates, but gold gear and the other new purple gear seems to have much lower drop rates (hopefully that gets fixed/improved in he near future).
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Options
    From the HAAT.

Also, from the nodes. I farmed 30 something eyeball salvage for my Shoretrooper over the last two days, which is pretty average droprate for me.
  • Options
    Gold gear is only from shipments. Collecting 50 salvages from nodes or waiting for them to drop is ridiculous. Same goes for the Mk7 Shield Generators.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Depends what one you need. Some nodes like Nihilus also have gold gear. 2 birds and all that if you don't already have Nihilus.

Raids will always be the main source with shipments but when I'm at 47/50, saving up crystals isn't always the way to go.
  • Options
    Shipments. They're cheaper then purple gear and have a worse drop rate if u farm. Makes sense to but the cheaper ones with crystals and farm the ones with a better drop rate
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Bjpac04 wrote: »
    Shipments. They're cheaper then purple gear and have a worse drop rate if u farm. Makes sense to but the cheaper ones with crystals and farm the ones with a better drop rate

This. At least they added partials to the shop.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I generally spend 2 refreshes and lunch refresh farming golden eyeballs. I recently went 1/26. Its not a problem. Vader only needs 2 sets of 50 to finish g10. Should be done in about 7 weeks.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Options
    Meanwhile my raids are constantly dropping g5 and g6 furnace salvage on me. I have several hundred of each.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Options
    Those 25 mk8 biotech components for 375 crystals needs it's own permanent tile in shipments. Just saying devs..
  • Options
    Tank raid is terrible, get the same thing or challenge gear 90% of the time. Usually buy it from shipments or fleet shipments
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Those 25 mk8 biotech components for 375 crystals needs it's own permanent tile in shipments. Just saying devs..

This
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Droprates are horrible from farming nodes and AAT Raids don't drop very valuable items. However, the new currency store will have G11 & G12 items. This conversation may become moot for the majority (there will always be those who don't get enough).

Saving crystals is the most efficient route though!
  • Options
    Droprates are horrible from farming nodes and AAT Raids don't drop very valuable items. However, the new currency store will have G11 & G12 items. This conversation may become moot for the majority (there will always be those who don't get enough).

Don't get your hopes up! 99% sure they're talking about the gear that's currently locked out of G11.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options

Don't get your hopes up! 99% sure they're talking about the gear that's currently locked out of G11.

My guess is that it will be more like the guild shop is for g9/g10 gear(Rancor gear) 2 pieces at a time. Which isn't going to be helpful at all..
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Shipments. Gold gear is super cheap to boot compared to other gear that is bottleneck.
  • Options
    Shipments. I get nothing but junk from HAAT rewards. Not counting Kenobi shards, of course.
  • Options

I'm 99% sure they are targeting Cuffs, Guns, and maybe Carbanitis given the request and the acknowledgment of looking at the gear need of players. However, my expectations aren't too high. Of course, if it's challenge gear I'll riot.