To everyone with issues concerning the Yoda Event

*Everyone saying the Anakin bug exploit, that was fixed was necessary, is completely wrong.
I completed teir 7 of the yoda event without Anakin on Yoda's team.

*Everyone saying you need Fisto or Aayla to complete the event, is completely wrong
My team was lead by QGJ, and had Barriss, Lumi, JC, & Ahsoka = all f2p team

I retreated and restarted until Barriss was on Yoda's team the other jedi was usually Kit Fisto.
I then attacked Fisto and Barriss until she would use her heal and equalize Yoda's health down.
I did this twice befor eleminating Fisto I then allowed for Barriss to heal once more before killing her.
This puts Yoda into the red on health. I then unloaded on him.
It takes lots of healing at stratigic intervals from Barriss, Lumi, and JC to survive
Basic Attacks provke less turn meter crazyness from Yoda and will help keep your team alive.
It took around 50 tries but I successfully won without exploiting the Anakin Bug
Good Luck and stop complaining so much. It just took a little thought and determination.

Replies

• Options
    You posted that elsewhere, but I guess a new thread was needed because no one responded?
  • Options
    Thanks. That's good to hear as yours is the team I'm 7*ing too.
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • Options
    Good post!

I am a long way from having the necessary stared toons

I only have Jedi
    Lumi 7*
    JC 5* (working on him now)
    Ashoka 3*
    Jedi Gardian 2*
    Eeth 3*

So going to take a while before I can do the higher levels
  • Options
    You posted that elsewhere, but I guess a new thread was needed because no one responded?

I dont care if people respond, people just need to quit complaining about it.
  • Options
    Am I the only one that thinks 50 times is too much for a single battle?
  • Options
    50 times? I'm around something like 300. I have given up. It's all in luck. He always crits atleast once with his special and takes out a toon. Lumi always gets her Eva buff so Yoda can AoE and get offence up as well. That's when it's game over.

I watched Yoda attack 7 straight times, just to take out my last 4 when he wss in the red. That's when I said I'm done.

Bariss f2p? I really don't think 1 f2p player has bariss at 7*. I know I don't, and I bought the pack that had her, and have farmed her non stop and mine is 6* at 48/100 shards.

I stopped because I don't think I can do it without bariss. And I don't think it can be done without bariss unless you get really lucky.
  • deathstalker
    93 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Breetai wrote: »
    50 times? I'm around something like 300. I have given up. It's all in luck. He always crits atleast once with his special and takes out a toon. Lumi always gets her Eva buff so Yoda can AoE and get offence up as well. That's when it's game over.

I watched Yoda attack 7 straight times, just to take out my last 4 when he wss in the red. That's when I said I'm done.

Bariss f2p? I really don't think 1 f2p player has bariss at 7*. I know I don't, and I bought the pack that had her, and have farmed her non stop and mine is 6* at 48/100 shards.

I stopped because I don't think I can do it without bariss. And I don't think it can be done without bariss unless you get really lucky.

Barriss is in the cantina battles. With the two refills daily of Cantina Energy I get from gems I've earned through the daily challenges and arena awards I was able to 7* my Barriss. Completly f2p. It was also my experience that her cantina node had a very high drop rate comparatively, but this may of been luck.
  • Options
    Good job OP! Well deserved! Enjoy your loot :)
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options

@Breetai

I noticed, Yoda only gets offense up combined with krit up when I had either Ayala or Ben in the Team. If u leave them out then yoda only gets Evade up from Lumi. No clue why he gets no activated specials... But krit and off up instakills any char.

Why he does later in the match 6 attacks in a row would be nice to know... Too
  • Options
    Well you are forgeting a small detail here... You just cant stand long enough against yoda with a team without barriss, you have an extra heal which is huge in this situation.

The point is, you may say you dont need fisto ayala etc, howevr it depends on what you bringing to the table, those characters allow you different strategy, your 3 healer setup also allows you different strategy..

Id gladly swap my ashoka with your barris, might have been able to do it by now, unfortunately for me i dont own barriss even close to 7 * =|
  • Alecation
    211 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well like many I'll wait till next event, hopefully my Barriss will be 7*

i'll goof off with my little 6* Yoda till then
  • Options
    I have a big issue. It simply s **** s.
    Just luck. And chrom only chars are an hinderness not a help. (Ayala or Ben)
  • Options
    LlwllynZ wrote: »
    Well you are forgeting a small detail here... You just cant stand long enough against yoda with a team without barriss, you have an extra heal which is huge in this situation.

The point is, you may say you dont need fisto ayala etc, howevr it depends on what you bringing to the table, those characters allow you different strategy, your 3 healer setup also allows you different strategy..

Id gladly swap my ashoka with your barris, might have been able to do it by now, unfortunately for me i dont own barriss even close to 7 * =|

I expect people to have or be working on Barriss she's f2p and almost a necessity for GW, and yes 3 healers was key to wining. My point was it's not impossible, you don't need Chromium characters, and you don't need the Anakin Bug thats been fixed.
  • Options
    I agree on your point with the anakin bug, but pointing out that you dont need chromium chars, you can do it with f2p chars, its like you saying: oh you dont need good chars, you can do it with f2p ( alias not as good chars) however in this particular situation it those f2p chars abilitys happen to be more useful than their chromium mates, therefore its completly pointles to talk about how you dont need those chromium chars.

• l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    *Everyone saying the Anakin bug exploit, that was fixed was necessary, is completely wrong.

*Everyone saying you need Fisto or Aayla to complete the event, is completely wrong

I retreated and restarted until Barriss was on Yoda's team the other jedi was usually Kit Fisto.
    I then attacked Fisto and Barriss until she would use her heal and equalize Yoda's health down.
    I did this twice befor eleminating Fisto I then allowed for Barriss to heal once more before killing her.
    It takes lots of healing at stratigic intervals from Barriss, Lumi, and JC to survive
    Basic Attacks provke less turn meter crazyness from Yoda and will help keep your team alive.
    It took around 50 tries but I successfully won without exploiting the Anakin Bug
    Good Luck and stop complaining so much. It just took a little thought and determination.

Sounds good and all, but I farmed Mace instead of Bariss. Can this be done without her? QGJ, Lumi, JC and Koth are my others.

I don't think players should be penalized for farming the 7* Jedi of their choice. I hope they nerf the challenges when it is re-released
  • Options
    I Beat 7 star yoda
    Took forever

Takes alot of luck
    Yoda a few times droped my level 70 max gear mace before i could get the first attack off
    Going against barris and equalization heal makes it much easier

Barris for extra health leader
    Lumi jc
    Tano with here special (a group heal) my fourth healer
    Mace

When they increase the level cap i would if yoda event will be updated or stay as is
    If yoda was any stronger hitting it would be much harder with massive damge hits
  • Options
    l3end3r wrote: »

Sounds good and all, but I farmed Mace instead of Bariss. Can this be done without her? QGJ, Lumi, JC and Koth are my others.

I don't think players should be penalized for farming the 7* Jedi of their choice. I hope they nerf the challenges when it is re-released

It can be completed without Barriss. Many of our folks completed it using qgj or lumi leader.

I used qgj and completed it (not against anakin). You are right that it has to be completed a little faster without Barriss but it is still doable.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    There are no really tip to Will yoda 7*
    Having 2/3 heals And many Luck !!!
    With no Luck you can't win .
    Cause he Can hit 6 Time in a Row beetween 5k/11k each.
    50% of Time he Can block 100% of your hit ..
    I manage to kill him like many people here with only Luck . The majority of Time i wasn't able to make more than 50% of his Life .
    And the last try i kill him quite easilly because he failed many Time .
    :*
  • Options
    QGJM wrote: »

@Breetai

I noticed, Yoda only gets offense up combined with krit up when I had either Ayala or Ben in the Team. If u leave them out then yoda only gets Evade up from Lumi. No clue why he gets no activated specials... But krit and off up instakills any char.

Why he does later in the match 6 attacks in a row would be nice to know... Too

Thanks for that info.

Aayla is who I have.... I have only 5 7* so guess I'm screwed.
  • Options
    So see if I got this straight.

Anakin is lvl 1 in Yoda challenge. It makes it easier and people will spend less money to complete it. FIX IT NOW!!!!!!!!

Yoda is bugged and get offence and crit up when useing aayla or old Ben. Makes the challenge hard and need to spend more money to complete it. Working as intended.
  • Options
    So see if I got this straight.

Anakin is lvl 1 in Yoda challenge. It makes it easier and people will spend less money to complete it. FIX IT NOW!!!!!!!!

Yoda is bugged and get offence and crit up when useing aayla or old Ben. Makes the challenge hard and need to spend more money to complete it. Working as intended.

Yoda's not bugged he copies the offence up and critical up from Ben and Aayla because thats one of his abilities