Heroes Journey & the Dark Side?

So, random thought...suppose that the next phase of Luke's story is told from the Imperial point of view, and we need toons like Darth Vader and Boba Fett and Stormtrooper to impede Luke's journey and capture his friends. It would certainly help if they could release new toons like Stormtrooper Commander, Imperial Officer or Scout Trooper, or even bigger names like Bossk or Admiral Ozzel, but it might be an interesting twist.

Phases could involve generic troopers slowing Luke's advance, or Boba Fett and Vader defeating Leia, Chewie and Raid Han to encase him in carbonite, and then Boba and maybe other bounty hunters have to hold off Leia, Lando etc. while 5lave 1 escapes. Vader faces Luke in the freezing chamber and toys with him. At the end, it would be cool to have a cutscene similar to the Old Ben one, except this time around it's Vader slicing off Luke's hand and then revealing his true identity.

What do you think? Any chance that the devs might consider doing something like that, or should I just stick to farming Ugnaught? It could be a decent way to get some more DS toons into the game, and it would definitely reflect the overall darker mood of ESB in general.

Replies

• Options
    I don't think so.. dark side story will bring negative effect to people (especially children). Since SW now owned by Disney, something like that won't happen. Only lightside story, and..

MORE REBELS!! :lol:
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    I don't think so.. dark side story will bring negative effect to people (especially children). Since SW now owned by Disney, something like that won't happen. Only lightside story, and..

I would love to hear the reasoning behind this conclusion
  • Options

Eh, can I remind what happened to the entire Rogue One hero cast? It's not like Disney is going to make Star Wars for kids now.
  • Options
    Royal Guard will have a journey to become a Praetorian Guard
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

I would love to hear the reasoning behind this conclusion

Well.. the past experience in the game said that. Let's take legendary event:
    - Unlock palp : 5 rebel
    - Unlock yoda : 5 jedi
    - Unlock thrawn : 5 phoenix (which also rebel)
    - Unlock cls : 5 OT rebel
    2 lightside legendary char n 2 darkside legendary char.. all open WITH lightside chars.

Meanwhile, with 5 empire we can get R2D2. That's the only darkside faction to open legendary char (which is lightside char).

Then next (if release), we have TB. With char stage bonus is use rebels (double HRS, maybe cls too?). New char that goes along with that event is Hoth Han n Leia, Hermit Yoda.

Darkside? Really? U don't have hope at all :flushed:
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Looking forward to the Order 66 territory battle where every phase has a cutscene involving Jedi death.

No? Too much? Fine.
  • Options
    Moved to the appropriate sub forum. Feedback > Raids as we do not have a designated section for Territory Battles. Yet :)
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Looking forward to the Order 66 territory battle where every phase has a cutscene involving Jedi death.

No? Too much? Fine.

Ha! I love it
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options

Yeah. That's why Battlefront 2 will focus on the Empire...
    In any case, something that's clear for all of us is the fact that Empire Pass was a bit underwhelming, specially compared to all the new Rebels coming out. Don't get me wrong, Thrawn is my favorite toon at the moment and the other reworks were mostly good, but how do GS, ISC or Imperial Troopers compare to Rebel teams with Luke, Han, Ahsoka, Old Ben and the others coming up?
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »

No? Too much? Fine.

I would love any sort of Empire-themed territory battle. Let me relentlessly crush Jedi and Rebel scum! For the Empire!