Farming speed secondaries

So I felt I was sitting at an above average level with my speed mods but there are now so many necessary chars needing high speed that I can't keep up with the mod gearing. What strategies do you use for farming high end mods (10+ speed secondaries)?

I think my highest is in the 13-15 range and only a few of those. Been stuck grinding char shards from cantina lately (obvious reasons). Anyone found success any particular way or just dumb luck and lots of cantina (and refreshes)?

Replies

• Options
    Refresh the mod store.
  • Options
    Refresh the mod store.

I've had ridiculously bad luck with mod store purchases. When I finally find a secondary speed mod, I'll upgrade but that's the ONE secondary that doesn't upgrade any further (or minimally so).

Is there any rhyme or reason to which secondaries will upgrade? ie purple 1st position, Gold 3rd position, etc...
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    My personal farming routine is one week a month go all out on mods and not touch shards quite often get a few decent ones that way. Like you I never seem to have any luck with the mod store.
  • Options
    Be lucky
  • Options
    never buy anything that doesn't already have a 5 speed showing for teh best chance to get max upgrade
  • Options
    My personal farming routine is one week a month go all out on mods and not touch shards quite often get a few decent ones that way. Like you I never seem to have any luck with the mod store.

^This. Use all three refreshes and SIM 8-7-7. You should see some pretty decent drops. Warrior has video on this as well.
  • Options
    I never get anything above like 6
  • Options
    All I know is that it costs significantly less to level up a mod to 12 as opposed to 15. You will see all of the secondary stats at their highest. The last three levels cost like 350k and only upgrade the primary stat.

So if you have been upgrading all of your potential speed secondaries to level 15, only to find out you get a whopping +0+0+0+0 on top of your original 3 speed, you're wasting credits friend ;)
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Get lucky rng.
    I've been farming mods for the past 14 days at 300 energy a day and I've gotten 1 mod at 10 speed secondary. A few times I went 200 per refresh deep to farm 500 a day. Its disheartening after a awhile when things don't break your way.

Today all white mods, awesome. To top it off the last 2 credit heist I pulled 1.5 mil credits. Rng hasn't been kind to me in August it must have been my sacrifice to get CLS.