How long will you last....

Prev1
Saraleb
2070 posts Member
So dawned on me this is the longest time ive played a mobile game...

Started just after xmas 2015... thats pushing 2 years lol

Reading some threads and predictions on events seems expectations are this game will roll on for years...

How long do you think you will last ? Im in a great guild thats kept me going and now in a helluva fun shard chat but wow can i do this for another year plus lol

Replies

• Options
    Minimum ep9, unless they really mess up
  • Options
    I will be here through the Jar Jar Binks standalone film. But that's only because mesa no think they will make any more after that one. Nosa.
  • Options
    Started in Dec. 2015, bored with a lot of it already. Was excited about Commander Luke, will probably stop playing sometime next year.

Nothing lasts forever.
  • Options
    Jan 2016 still hooked.
  • Options
    Bored by the terrible grind, the chorish aspect of this game, the nonsense of soloable raids and the obvious lack of content. Only my addiction to Star Wars keep me there. But that won't last forever.
  • Options
    I'm in until they close the bar and say, "go home Carth. Your wife misses you"
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    December 2nd 2015, just to be able to trash yet an mobile platform Star Wars game, got hooked and I'm still here and don't think I'm leaving anytime soon
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    So far so good, but the unchecked power and complexity creep will probably kill the game.
  • Options
    I will be here through the Jar Jar Binks standalone film. But that's only because mesa no think they will make any more after that one. Nosa.

Ha!
  • Options
    Aglardae wrote: »
    Bored by the terrible grind, the chorish aspect of this game, the nonsense of soloable raids and the obvious lack of content. Only my addiction to Star Wars keep me there. But that won't last forever.

Agreed, that's how most of my guild feels
  • Options
    When they shut down the servers
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Minimum ep9, unless they really mess up

Yeah, me too. I'm likely in at least until Episode 9 is released. From there, I'll just have to see where the game is going, from a content standpoint.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    2015 late nov and i love it.
    Sev74907 wrote: »
    When they shut down the servers

This ^^

can't wait to be the last man standing on my shard when the lights go off.
  • Options
    Until i get bored with it to the point i dont login daily. Right now i still really enjoy it but like all long term games eventually there will be a breaking point
  • Options

I'll just tell them to bugger off because I don't speak Trandoshan.
  • Options
    Until avengers alliance 2
  • Options
    If they announced that TB wouldn't come out until Nov, probably a good chunk of our whales and dolphins would quit at that moment. It's the exact same thing every day, every week, every month for a very long time.

It's easier for the F2P because they have a lot of stuff to grind still and less expectations because it's free.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    If they announced that TB wouldn't come out until Nov, probably a good chunk of our whales and dolphins would quit at that moment. It's the exact same thing every day, every week, every month for a very long time.

It's easier for the F2P because they have a lot of stuff to grind still and less expectations because it's free.

November?

tenor.gif

In all seriousness, that's a few weeks away. If anyone quits, that definitely won't be the reason.
  • Options

Whales will always be bored on a sistem that is F2P friendly, because everyone catches up, the only way to keep them happy would be to put a gear lvl behind a Paywall that couldn't get ever free, but that's not like it here, you just buy time with money, so basically you pay to get bored earlier ^_^ unless you love to carry your guild and to always have that edge of advantage ^_^ how long you think whale guilds will actually get bored of new content, if TB happen every 3 days, say twice a week, and say the impossible, it takes them 4 weeks to unlock captain Han at 7* and another 7 weeks for ROLO, then they will get hermit yoda and enjoy it for.... say 3 months, then more people will get him and that will make whales bored again...
  • Options
    Im apart of a guild, so I am not sure. I usually play single player games from 6-12 months. Who knows. Plus my wife plays in the same guild. Could be 12-24 months total.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I started before Sun Fac was added but after Rex. I lost interest when mods and the tank raid were initially added but rejoined a little before ships were introduced, since then there hasn't been much to do but I'll stick around in hopes that more content gets added based on the prequels or the Clone Wars
  • Options
    November 2015. I'll let you know after we get clarification on Territory Battles and these time constraints. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I started SWGOH in December of 2015. Before this I played Clash of Clans for 4 years. I actually gave up my Clash addiction because I liked this game much better, and didn't have time for both.

In the time I've been playing SWGOH there have been some severe hiccups that I thought would cripple this game (pre-crafting, mod gate, etc), but overall I think it's vastly improved from where it started, and going in a positive direction. I'll likely be around for years to come.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options

Dear lawd...
    mog1.gif
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options

Dear lawd...
    mog1.gif

Nice Jurassic Park gif! *bows to the master*
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    I would last longer if - as players aged in accounts - they did away with some of the very annoying login / button-clicking type tactics that aren't necessary on a veteran player that's already fully committed and engaged. Cooldown timers should go once you hit 1 year in playing. Timers in arenas and timers for the challenges in particular really serve no purpose once you've played for coming up on two years.
  • Options
    In for the long haul myself... got to get use out of my time and monetary investment...
  • Options
    I'm going to drop the game in the next few months if Dark side and Droids don't become equal to Rebels
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I'm going to drop the game in the next few months if Dark side and Droids don't become equal to Rebels

Droids littered the top of arena shards for months shortly after launch. Their time has come and gone brohan.

• Options

LOL! You remembered to leave the droids outside, right? We don't serve their kind in here.