First Order speed priority

I know that officer should be the fastest, so he can marching orders Ren who then gives the team meter with his AoE. But what about after that? I was thinking TIE, Phasma, Trooper, Ren

Replies

• Options
    In my opinion you want FOST to go quickly as well. Get that taunt up and give 25% TM to everybody.

Honestly, and understanding that I don't have the speed mods to pull this off (unfortunately), I've played around with the following.

1) FOO. Fast as possible, but 250 speed for this example
    *Marching Orders to FOST

2) FOST (speed is irrelevant for this first turn, but more speed is good for later turns)
    *TOR (25% TM and taunt)

3) FOTP. 199 speed + 25% = 249
    *Pew pew

4) Ren. 198 speed + 25% = 248
    *Lash out (25% speed)

5) Phasma. 159 speed + 25% (TOR) = 199 + 25% (Lash Out) = 248

So basically if you get FOO to 250, FOTP to 199, Ren to 198, and Phasma to 159, you'll go before anybody on the other team who doesn't have more than 247 speed.

On offense. This would probably absolutely blow up on defense. But that would be a lot of attacks right from the start.
  • Options
    In my opinion you want FOST to go quickly as well. Get that taunt up and give 25% TM to everybody.

Honestly, and understanding that I don't have the speed mods to pull this off (unfortunately), I've played around with the following.
    Why storm for 25% when I can use Kylo's AoE and give everyone 50%?
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »

Kylo gives 25%. https://swgoh.gg/characters/kylo-ren/

Plus having FOST with taunt means you protect the squishies and give his zeta the chance to be calling assists with every one of his counter attacks. Basically if you can force people to attack him, you're feeding the FO assist machine.
  • Faa
    123 posts Member
    Options

Plus having FOST with taunt means you protect the squishies and give his zeta the chance to be calling assists with every one of his counter attacks. Basically if you can force people to attack him, you're feeding the FO assist machine.

50% to anyone who has the advantage buff.

You can only do that at the start of an encounter, assuming FOO is faster than Kylo which should be. Else he will cleanse kylo his DoTs, basically making him unable to reset his cooldowns.

Is this for Arena or HAAT?
  • TheMegaSage
    393 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Faa wrote: »

50% to anyone who has the advantage buff.

You can only do that at the start of an encounter, assuming FOO is faster than Kylo which should be. Else he will cleanse kylo his DoTs, basically making him unable to reset his cooldowns.

Is this for Arena or HAAT?

For the 50%, I defer to your knowledge, but swgoh.gg certainly makes it sound like you get 25% if you are a FO ally *or* you have advantage, as opposed to 25% if you are FO *and* 25% if you have advantage. Although I suppose in re-reading the description ("First Order alies and allies with Advantage gain 25% turn meter"), I can see where it could be read to say "If you are FO you get 25% and if you have advantage you get 25%". Is there a site that shows the actual code behind these things?

Beyond that, I was posting as a hypothetical first turn order for the arena. With so much TM being tossed around, I find my FO team often all have 100% TM at the same time, leading to pure RNG for who will go first when that happens.

For me, getting taunt up right from the start is quite important. In theory all attacks go to FOST, and you have the chance to call in FOTP. Quite a nasty surprise for an attacker - you can sometimes knock out their protection fully when it happens.

Anyway, I do find that FO has really taken a hit recently. First it was Zaul with anti-crit and daze, then R2 with invis to prevent counters, and now Raid Han to stun FOO at the start and CLS to avoid taunt and go right to the face of FOTP.

Hopefully Snoke or Hux will be released and make FO a force to be reckoned with again.
  • Faa
    123 posts Member
    Options
    For the 50%, I defer to your knowledge, but swgoh.gg certainly makes it sound like you get 25% if you are a FO ally *or* you have advantage, as opposed to 25% if you are FO *and* 25% if you have advantage. Although I suppose in re-reading the description ("First Order alies and allies with Advantage gain 25% turn meter"), I can see where it could be read to say "If you are FO you get 25% and if you have advantage you get 25%". Is there a site that shows the actual code behind these things?

Yeah swgoh.gg - if you check out the ability mechanics you can clearly see there are two seperate portions of TM gains. Just pay a little bit more attention in-game and you'll see notice that it's 50%

• BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    Lash out definitely gives 50% TM to FO allies with advantage.
    So if you have Phasma zeta'd you give MO to kylo and then use lash out bringing everyone to 100% but FOO and kylo who will both be at 50%.

Sometimes I would give MO to FOST(or phasma even though it's a waste of advantage) when I fought rex leads, because lash out would fill their TM as well.
  • Options
    I'm running full FO on a fairly young shard, April 17. It's helped me a lot in arena, going from 150 to top 50, usually around 25 by payout, and I haven't got any zetas yet.

If my FOO manages to go first, my turn order goes

FOO MO to Kylo
    Kylo Lash out
    Phasma VM
    FOTP double tap
    FOST taunt
    FOO pinning shot

Then Kylo goes again and if rng is in my favor I can lash out again and have phasma go once more with his aoe..if not I use outrage and stun one of their toons.. all before they get their first turn.

It's been pretty effective for me this way, however if FOO isn't the fastest, it doesn't run so smoothly and an aoe ability block from Boba just ruins everything
  • Shapelesscrabb
    159 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thrawn -> Phasma -> FOST -> Kylo = Han Solo.

Just trust me. FYI this is for arena and can hit rank 1 easily amidst a sea of Luke and Rex, though it won't hold as well as they do. I'm assuming that's what you were asking about.
  • Options
    Thrawn -> Phasma -> FOST -> Kylo = Han Solo.

Just trust me. FYI this is for arena and can hit rank 1 easily amidst a sea of Luke and Rex, though it won't hold as well as they do. I'm assuming that's what you were asking about.
    Pure First Order only
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Options
    User2187 wrote: »
    I'm running full FO on a fairly young shard, April 17. It's helped me a lot in arena, going from 150 to top 50, usually around 25 by payout, and I haven't got any zetas yet.

If my FOO manages to go first, my turn order goes

FOO MO to Kylo
    Kylo Lash out
    Phasma VM
    FOTP double tap
    FOST taunt
    FOO pinning shot

Then Kylo goes again and if rng is in my favor I can lash out again and have phasma go once more with his aoe..if not I use outrage and stun one of their toons.. all before they get their first turn.

It's been pretty effective for me this way, however if FOO isn't the fastest, it doesn't run so smoothly and an aoe ability block from Boba just ruins everything

Just wait till you get that zeta on phasma!
    Who is a girl btw