Raid Management Tools

This has no doubt come up before but anticipating Gear XII, which will no doubt enable players and guilds to complete raids significantly more quickly, hopefully this is something that can be looked at again?
The basic idea in my mind is that Guild Leaders & Officers have some options available to them when they launched a raid. This list can no doubt be improved upon but for example:-

- Add a built in registration period: This would enable members to register for the raid but not attack, meaning they could collect rewards irrespective of the damage they do. This in itself requires them to be logging in to register so it's not about AFK-ing the game so to say, but most full guilds now have such a process in place at least for Rancor if not for HAAT, given how quickly the raid is over.

- Build in team caps per phase: This would restrict a player either to using a set number of characters as many times as they wish, or a set number of attempts. The idea being that it restricts overall damage so that all members get the opportunity to participate.

- Personalise phase completion times: The idea being that each phase of the raid is given a fixed minimum amount of time. So, if you set a minimum time of 15 minutes for Rancor phase 1, but it dies in 5, you have to hang around until phase 2 begins before proceeding. This I suspect is complex to deliver because if you do kill that Rancor in 5 minutes flat, are you taken out of the raid for 10 minutes or do you just need to hang about? But I'm sure - at least in the case of the former - that there'd be some appetite for this amongst Guild Leaders, perhaps someone more clever than I could figure out how.

I feel I'm close to being able to solo HAAT with my Gear XI teams... when they're Gear XII, although that will no doubt take some time to achieve, I'm sure they'll walk it.
My Heroic Rancor team takes about 10 minutes on auto-attack right now; with Gear XII I'd probably blink and miss it.

Perhaps we'll get another tier of AAT / Rancor by then but either way I'm sure some tools like this would come in handy for keeping the raids fun for all guild members.

Replies

• Options
    Add to that list the ability to raid-ban a given player!
  • Options
    Everyone use 0dmg/24h there you can see who is listening and who has to leave.
    5 teams per day or 1 toon for 48h all build in
    This is tb (comming soon)
    If you tell a player he is baned, which is last resort, then he just do 0dmg or leave.

I think you just go thru the before solo hrancor phase, in 2 weeks everything will look a bit different and you get quickly used to it.
    Good comunication is A and O.