Shard farming priorities

Karma_Lotus
158 posts Member
edited February 2016
I have problems determining the shard farming priorities of the following characters:

LS/DS battles:
Anakin
IGD
Resistance Trooper
Hoth Rebel Soldier
Lobot
URoRRuR'R'R

Cantina Battles:
Finn
Plo Koon
Chewbacca
Jawa

Arena Shipment:
Eeth Koth
Admiral Ackbar
Savage Opress
Stormtrooper Han
HK-47
IG-88
Nute Gunray

The orders listed above are my current thoughts. The strong heroes not in the list are already completed. So what's left are really not very easy to compare. Any suggestion will be welcomed.

Replies

• Options
    Suggestions can be made based on your current Arena Squad team, Galactic War team and what general direction you'd like to go.
  • Options
    Dashboard wrote: »
    Suggestions can be made based on your current Arena Squad team, Galactic War team and what general direction you'd like to go.

Well I guess none of these heroes will appear in my Arena or GW teams in the current game version. Well maybe Acbar + Han worth a try. I am just unsure about the potential of these heroes. It will take at least two month to finish all of them so I hope by that time I can see some of them being useful, at least in some scenarios
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    LS/DS: Ima Gun-Di, get him when you can.

Cantina: Chewbacca.

Arena: If you want a droid team, get HK and IG-88. If you want one for now, get Han.
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Recommending Chewbacca... I hope you're being sarcastic... NotLikeThis
    Given recent popularity of Poe and Rey, Finn might not be a terrible choice. Also, the BAZOOKA that is his base attack is quite interesting.
    Anakin and IGD, same goes for both: incredibly slow farming, so either start now or leave them forever. Lobot might be a hidden gem, LOL, but I doubt many players are willing to test him. Urororororo is so worthless he'd need 2 new OP Tusken characters to be even remotely viable. XD
    Admiral Ackbar might have his place in the new Speed Leader Meta, who knows.

EDIT: keep forgetting about this so called "swear word" -_-
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Chewy can be handy in GW.
  • Robbathehutt
    1048 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I use Chewbacca at level 70 in GW every day and I'm currently on a 40+ day consecutive win streak. A 7* Tier 8 Chewbacca has 16,752 health and can easily save your team for a turn when your heals are on cooldown. He also has a powerful self heal. A geared Chewbacca is easily the most durable tank and his basic attack at level 6 or higher isn't too shabby not amazing but not awful.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    What is your goal? If you want to build a Rebel team, Ackbar and Han should have more priority than HK 47 and IG88, while if you want a droid team is the other way
  • Options
    Got lucky on a card, but I'm nowhere near unlocking round 6 or whatever it is on my chars, though maybe I should spend this week burning up through them, I figure with 2 LS healers, Lumi and JC, it should be more viable.
  • Options
    Be careful, he is OFFICIALLY in the list of chars to be ritually murdered without notice. High Risk, high reward as some visionaries had put it.......(dots continue ad infinitum).
  • Options
    Yeah, hence why I wish I could have gotten one more shard to upgrade him, his life bar is kinda cruddy right now.
  • Options
    Be careful, he is OFFICIALLY in the list of chars to be ritually murdered without notice. High Risk, high reward as some visionaries had put it.......(dots continue ad infinitum).

@Preemo_Magin who is on "the list"???
  • Options
    If you don't have Ewok Eldar, I'd consider him for your LS/ DS missions. I actually think he is viable in the meta, but no one has him, so it's theoretical. Aside from that, I'd consider going for characters to set you up for future events. For instance, getting Ackbar or Han completed in arena ensures that you'll be able to farm the other four if a rebel challenge is announced. If not, you won't be able to finish in time
  • Options
    I use Chewbacca at level 70 in GW every day and I'm currently on a 40+ day consecutive win streak. A 7* Tier 8 Chewbacca has 16,752 health and can easily save your team for a turn when your heals are on cooldown. He also has a powerful self heal. A geared Chewbacca is easily the most durable tank and his basic attack at level 6 or higher isn't too shabby not amazing but not awful.

I never use Chewbacca in GW, excluding to lead a suicide squad to bait the specials out of the enemy on tougher levels. I also finished GW every day since I can remember, before and after the retreat change. So that's really not saying much.

He was really good when retreat worked, as I could swap him in and use his pathetic damage to drag the game and cooldown my heals before the next stage. Now, not so much.
  • Options
    l3end3r wrote: »
    If you don't have Ewok Eldar, I'd consider him for your LS/ DS missions. I actually think he is viable in the meta, but no one has him, so it's theoretical. Aside from that, I'd consider going for characters to set you up for future events. For instance, getting Ackbar or Han completed in arena ensures that you'll be able to farm the other four if a rebel challenge is announced. If not, you won't be able to finish in time

Ewok Elder only has ONE node so you can farm him and still do other toons, however you're not going to have him viable any time soon.

Mine is only at 4*, I stopped farming him to focus on Jedi (got Yoda at 5*) and will go back to him but it's a slog.

Same thing with Lobot, Ima Gun Di and Resistance Trooper, they only have two hard nodes each. Still managed to get my Lobot to 6* but it's been an article of faith doing so and with the changes to speed no longer being tiered, not sure if it was worth it in the long run since fast dps toons get a crack at my droids before I can put up Poe's taunt now.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »

Nobody.
  • Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »

FOTP...it's being monitored after the patch notes. Poe was also being "monitored", so I'd be careful...it's an ethernal expensive grind.

• Options
    l3end3r wrote: »

My Ewok Elder is completed. Anything not on the list are either already 7* or too ridiculous to star up (chromium only or something like vader)