Huge Arena rank drops for multiple guild members simultaneously

Did something change today specifically? I dropped from top 50 to top 200 with multiple large rank drops through the day. Multiple other guild mates experienced similar larger than usual drops. Is something fishy going on or is this a big coincidence caused by all the new Commander Luke toting New Hope revamped teams finishing their gear up? Smells like an arena server merge but they previously denied server mergers didn't they?

Replies

• Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    CLS needs carbantis and today is a carbanti challenge so yes, ppl gear their CLS now. Me too, 34/50 carbantis before the challenges=> g11 today
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    aah, a good ol' server merge thread. Maybe this time it is what is really happening !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Same old gang in the top 20 on my shard.

Sometimes people drop a lot since there are so many mediocre teams that can work their way up to first. Some people who use to only drop to the 20s from 1st are now dropping out of the top 50. The guys that drop the least are the ones with the fastest speed.

They are making a killing in arena refreshes with everyone beating everyone.
  • Options
    Raw wrote: »
    CLS needs carbantis and today is a carbanti challenge so yes, ppl gear their CLS now. Me too, 34/50 carbantis before the challenges=> g11 today

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I'm pretty sure I've got some new names in my top 20 but they could just be the new Luke teams busting their way in. There's a lot of the usual suspects though.
  • Options
    I saw a lot of new CLS this morning when I did two matches. I guess many have finished dressing him up for the Arena and are actively using him now.
  • Options
    Wait, I thought only the rare few got CLS?
  • Options
    Morpheus wrote: »
    Wait, I thought only the rare few got CLS?
    Our mostly F2P guild top from 4 guild alliance, completed around 40 Lukes, so it's not available to only a few people, 80% of us have him.
  • Options
    In older Arena shards like mine lots of players followed the Old Ben dodge Meta back in the day and as such, had all the characters ready from general play. Except Luke, but he was a known requirement. CLS is all over my Arena now but I only got my Old Ben to 5* before the event end.
  • Options
    I'm in January 17 shard. 12/20 CLS. 8/10. I've seen lots of new names since his release. I was first one in shard with GK. Used to hold top 10 easy, now struggling to stay top 20. Such is life when you don't chase the meta
  • Options
    Add to the fact that today is zeta day in fleet challenges + the 200 free crystals and zeta 2 days ago and no level cap increase in a LONG time. All of that = more volatility in arena ranks.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    My shard saw some new people climb up about a week ago. Top 20 has been the same for months but outside of 50 CLS and crew really shook stuff up. Yours may have just taken a little longer for the Luke's to be ready
  • Options
    After the day 1 drop, things settled, I'm a reward tier further back than I used to be but I'm not sporting CLS, GK or Thrawn and there's CLS toting teams all over the shop. I'd say the above comments are right and it was Gear / Zeta testing day.