Should Squad Arena servers be separated by user spending?

PmanRingo
30 posts Member
edited February 2016
I think the servers should be separated by how much money players spend on the game. It's simply not fair when the only matches I can find are full 6 or 7 star teams. I think they should make servers of free to play, $5-$50 total, $51-$200, and $201+.

Should Squad Arena servers be separated by user spending? 76 votes

Yes, separate by user spending.
27% 21 votes
No, I think it's fine how it is.
61% 47 votes
Maybe, not sure about this separation system though.
10% 8 votes

Replies

• Options
    This is not how freemium games work, sorry.
    Sincerely,

a rank 1 $20 spender.
  • Options
    It's clearly not possible to get the characters I'm facing without spending hundreds. 7* kit fistos, kylos, QGJ, reys, poes, old bens, and obviously sidious and luminara. I know it's possible to be good without spending cause I've spent about $40 and have gotten to rank 80 but I still think some sort of separation would be better. In a way it's no different from a separate cheater server. Cheaters open numerous packs just like the whales. Not really complaining, just trying to offer my opinion.
  • Options
    PmanRingo wrote: »
    It's clearly not possible to get the characters I'm facing without spending hundreds. 7* kit fistos, kylos, QGJ, reys, poes, old bens, and obviously sidious and luminara. I know it's possible to be good without spending cause I've spent about $40 and have gotten to rank 80 but I still think some sort of separation would be better. In a way it's no different from a separate cheater server. Cheaters open numerous packs just like the whales. Not really complaining, just trying to offer my opinion.

Actually you are complaining. Your opinion is a complaint.
    And these games aren't designed to be "fair" that would be really dumb. There are really good f2p heroes out there you just have to know what to farm. Kylo, QGJ, sid and lumi are all really easy to farm.
  • Options
    How-About-No-Meme-01.jpg
  • Monx
    43 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    How are squads separated now? By location?

I think any player can build a team that can be #1, but it takes longer time without spending lots of money. BUT the main difference is that big spenders will have plenty of characters available and can adapt their team to the opposition in much more ways. For example; I might have a Jedi team, but they can have a Jedi team, droid team, other teams etc... And that's a bigger advantedge for the big spenders now when they can see exactly which team they will face. So your team will get beaten a lot more, I guess.
  • Options
    I guess the difference in my post compared to others I read is that I'm not angry or upset or threatening to quit the game. I'm just offering a new system. I'm fine with not having anyone to fight against since I'm happy with my rank I just think there is room for improvement.
  • Options
    Haha, no way!
  • Options
    The results of the poll (so far) are surprising, honestly.

I'd think if you spent $1000s to max out a roster of characters, you'd actually want the challenge of facing like-minded individuals... but maybe that's an incorrect assumption. Rofl-stomping F2P players must make folks feel big. :grin:

(Full disclosure, I'm a $15 Google Play credit player... ;) )
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Options
    The p2w players would be enraged and many would no longer pay money and probably quit. I have gotten to rank 1 and am usually in top 20 and always in top 50 as a f2p player. If you dont pay then why would you get a fair chance? On defense, most teams will lose even if p2w as long as you have a solid team.
  • Options
    Some spent big money to win and get a ton of chromiums, some spent money to gear faster and grind farm shards faster. No keep it as it is. I spent a lot, but I run no Chromium only characters.
  • Options
    PmanRingo wrote: »

Out of all the ones you name, only Ben and Kit Fisto are Chromium only, you can have all the rest yourself.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    The p2p advantage is vastly overstated. Like someone said, the main advantage they have are being able to adapt to meta changes quicker. At this stage, many f2p players have near full 7* teams. Also, the only Chromium toons I even see in my arena nowadays are Old Ben/Leia once in a while and Rey/TIE Pilot if you want to count those(though technically farmable). None of these are really gonna make winning for you impossible anymore.
  • Options
    Challenge and diversity will become worse. I am mostly f2p spent 20$ to buy an 8-pack. The whales are what makes the game more challenging. And it feels rewarding when you take that #1 spot vs p2p'ers.
  • Options
    Honestly, this is the worst idea I have ever read on so many levels.
  • Options
    I get first place every single day and I'm far from a whale. Lol feel bad for the folks who drop thousands for no reason.
  • Options
    The whole point of spending money is to get an advantage, why would anyone drop $s if it didnt help them?
    Besides, the gap between f2p/light spender and whales is much smaller in this game than most. Ive spent about $50 and take rank 1. There are plenty of very good farmable characters, in fact many of the very best characters can be easily farmed for free.

Your list is actually quite laughable, you need to do a bit more research and play a bit longer. Sid and Lumi are easily farmed all the way to 7 star within a month if you complete GW and rank in the top 200. Kylo can be farmed for ~8 shards a day on a single cantina refresh which any f2p can afford. Poe and QGJ are in cantina shipments.
  • Options
    @PmanRingo You probably don't know how this game work.

Check out this $400 Chromium pack opening..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LDMo9qDG3w

Those people with 7* kit fistos, kylos, QGJ, reys, poes, old bens, probably spent few thousands. I'm sure they on debt. Are you going to help them pay their credit card? otherwise just enjoy the game. Your request is ridiculous.