The back and forth...

Prev1
When The Pit was first released, it was nothing but, "this is why rewards based on performance are bad...blah blah blah".

Now its, "this is why equal rewards are bad...blah blah blah".

It's like listening to my two kids bicker with each other. If one says "yes", the other will always
invariably cry "no". "We should go up". "No, it's obvious we should go down". "In". "Out".
It's maddening.

So guess what? You both lose.
You are not going to McDonalds OR Burger King.
Daddy is going to Taco Bell, and you can stay at home and eat leftover liver sandwiches, or starve.
I don't care which. Either way, I'll be eating tacos and not listening to you whine.

Where's the Tylenol?

Replies

• Options
    Wendy's is better.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Ruivussan wrote: »
    Wendy's is better.

+1 Baconator + Frosty for the win.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    the moral of the story is learn to cook?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Nerf Wendy's!
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    When The Pit was first released, it was nothing but, "this is why rewards based on performance are bad...blah blah blah".

It's like listening to my two kids bicker with each other. If one says "yes", the other will always
    invariably cry "no". "We should go up". "No, it's obvious we should go down". "In". "Out".
    It's maddening.

Daddy is going to Taco Bell, and you can stay at home and eat leftover liver sandwiches, or starve.
    I don't care which. Either way, I'll be eating tacos and not listening to you whine.

Where's the Tylenol?

Fixed the newel post!
  • Options
    Your response to others whining is to post your own whining? Interesting strategy....
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    Options
    Your response to others whining is to post your own whining? Interesting strategy....

+1
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Wendy's is better.

The triple Baconator is Nirvana in a paper bag.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm sorry, the following sequence of posts (slightly condensed) had me just about rolling on the floor. Perfect example of proving the point immediately after making it:
    It's like listening to my two kids bicker with each other. If one says "yes", the other will always invariably cry "no". "We should go up". "No, it's obvious we should go down". "In". "Out". It's maddening.
    So guess what? You both lose. You are not going to McDonalds OR Burger King. Daddy is going to Taco Bell, and you can stay at home and eat leftover liver sandwiches, or starve. I don't care which. Either way, I'll be eating tacos and not listening to you whine.
    Where's the Tylenol?
    Wendy's is better.
    Nerf Wendy's!
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    Wait wait wait ... you're saying people have different opinions about things? I have NEVER seen that happen.
  • Options
    There's no whine there. I'm not asking for a change. Keep being self-righteous trolls. I'm eating tacos.

I thought I made that perfectly clear.
  • Options
    Buff Burger King!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    Buff Burger King!!!!!!!

Poor Burger King. The Nightsisters of the fast food world.
  • Options
    Buff Burger King!!!!!!!

Poor Burger King. The Nightsisters of the fast food world.

:flushed:
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Wendy's is better.

The triple Baconator is Nirvana in a paper bag.

That sounds amazing, but I feel like I would instantly keel over with clogged arteries.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Buff Burger King!!!!!!!

Yuck. Burger King needs a rework. The idea of grilled burgers at a fast food restaurant is nice in theory. But what they serve tastes like a cheap fried patty that was dragged across a dirty grill that hasn't been used in a year.
  • Options
    Buff Burger King!!!!!!!

Yuck. Burger King needs a rework. The idea of grilled burgers at a fast food restaurant is nice in theory. But what they serve tastes like a cheap fried patty that was dragged across a dirty grill that hasn't been used in a year.

You're going to the wrong bk then.
  • Options

It's maddening.

Where's the Tylenol?
    I'm on the camp that leans towards "rewards based on performance".

I chip in, I should get something. If Person A does 2X more work than me, he/she should get 2X more rewards. If I did 18 GW nodes, and Person B does 2 GW nodes, why should my reward be only 25% more?

Granted there should be an upper limit set, as well. For example, if I did 10K damage in a Raid, and Person Z comes in and solos the rest of it for 15 million damage, he/she shouldn't get 1,500X more rewards.

TB should have had a way to balance both participation and contribution disparity.

My 2 cents.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    I like the equal rewards setup in TB for one main reason. The purpose of guilds is so you can work as a team to beat big raid bosses and such. However, guilds have been VERY inter-competitve since the beginning. As I've pointed out before, I coordinate and work together more with my arena shard (who are supposed to be my rivals) than I ever have with a guild.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Buff Burger King!!!!!!!

You mean every one I've ever been to in 36 years of life across multiple states has always been the wrong one like a TARDIS fast food restaurant that follows me around?
  • Options
    eat leftover liver sandwiches, or starve.

Calling CPS.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Options

It's maddening.

Where's the Tylenol?

What a great rant, lmao!
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I like the equal rewards setup in TB for one main reason. The purpose of guilds is so you can work as a team to beat big raid bosses and such. However, guilds have been VERY inter-competitve since the beginning. As I've pointed out before, I coordinate and work together more with my arena shard (who are supposed to be my rivals) than I ever have with a guild.

Do you not realize that communism has never worked out in history? It's always failed in the past.
  • Options

Calling CPS.

Nerf CPS!!!!!!!
  • Options

Calling CPS.

Nerf CUP!!!!!!

Fixed it for you ?
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Options

Calling CPS.

Nerf CUP!!!!!!

Fixed it for you ?

No, you didn't :unamused:
  • Options
    Why would you eat at Taco Bell anyways? There are about 5 authentic Mexican taco joints within 10 miles of my house. I bet you have some too.
  • Options

I think we know which choice any normal kid will make...call an adult and tell them your Dad went to Taco Bell without you and left you with a piece of old liver to eat.
  • Options
    Why would you eat at Taco Bell anyways? There are about 5 authentic Mexican taco joints within 10 miles of my house. I bet you have some too.

Where else can you get chicken chips though? Look at these no-way-whatsoever-even-remotely-close-to-chicken-nugget-beauties.
    taco-bell-naked-chicken-chips-10-700x620.jpg
  • Options
    Buff Burger King!!!!!!!

You mean every one I've ever been to in 36 years of life across multiple states has always been the wrong one like a TARDIS fast food restaurant that follows me around?

Seriously. The only thing I've ever found that taste remotely good at BK is the Chicken Fries.