Territory Battles Darkside version!? (Idea)

Barryballs1
33 posts Member
edited August 2017
I would be nice if they switch sides sometimes when it comes to territory battles.
Like one week joining to rebels and the week after joining the empire by fighting the hoths (with cls, rolo, caption han as bosses or something). Also using the darkside ships to attack!
Would be a nice if they add something like that someday!

Replies

• Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    Would be great, but nit happening to simple reason: there's 30+ Rebels in game.
    As for Imperials there's only 15:
    2 are legendary (EP, Thrawn)
    1 achievement/fleet exclusive (Vader)
    5 are high energy nodes, either single normal or cantina, which makes them premium pretty much (ShoreT, Krennic, DeathT, Commando, Saxon)
    3 are easly farmable, but shipment exclusive (Tarkin, MagmaT, SnowT - I know, hard node, but 20 energy, no thanks)
    1 is hard node only (Veers, at least you can make progress with 5/day)
    1 is Cantina exclusive (TFP)
    2 are "hybrid" and more or less accessible (RG, StormT).

Obviously, every faction has similar distribution, but you can't get Empire team straight away like you can with Rebels. You won't advise new player to get Empire, because easiest 7 stars from this faction (which are available and not bad by themselves) are TFP and, ironically, Palpatine.
  • RandyMarsh
    380 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm working on veers right now and actually progressing faster with him on hard nodes than I am with deathtrooper in cantina. The imbalance between rebels and empire in this game is total kitten; I'm so tired of the bias. I really hope they have an imperial-themed TB in the future; possibly endor? (Idk, thought hoth would've made the most sense to be imperial themed since veers stomped the rebels). Also geonosis for galactic republic and maybe something like order 66 or naboo for sith/separatists (separatists wouldn't be part of the order 66 one since they were killed too; Order 66 could be like a combination of planets for each phase)
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    Who says they won't make that one next? The first TB isn't even live yet.
  • Options
    Who says they won't make that one next? The first TB isn't even live yet.

this.....
  • Options
    I totally believe there will be a dark side version of territory battles next. I'd put my bets more on Geonosia or Dathomir. Just like there's only two or three Hoth characters now (if Luke counts) and two more coming with territory battles, there's only four nightsisters (and maybe Maul and Savage would count) and only four Geonosians to be able to give them an extra boost. In fact, Geonosia might even be better, because then they could thematically make it droid and separatist focused and release some new droids like Droideka.
  • DarthGazza
    339 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I didn't even know it was rebels only lol kitten
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I wish that the Hoth battles would sprinkle in a few battles of the empire fighting the rebels. With the supposed empire pass having been so recent, it should've been a slam dunk.
  • Options
    The best idea for a dark side territory battle is to use Hoth... oh wait...
  • Options
    Geonosis, use it to release Jango, buff the separatists, and have us fight Clones and Jedi
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat thinking the next TB will be dark side. Now that TB has been created it should be easier / faster for the Developers to push out new territories. Since Hoth has been created for light side I hope they release some more empire characters and release a Hoth TB for the dark side.
    TB opens a whole new window for developers. I'm no computer expert and as most things this is easier said than done but instead of creating whole new raids they just change the map and unit requirements and they have a new territory. Aside from possibly a ship raid I see us getting more territories in the future instead of raids.
  • Options
    Endor or Scarif would make good maps for an Imperial centric TB. Both have ground and space combat.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    I didn't even know it was rebels only lol

It's not. There are combat missions with rebels requirements, but in a broader sense it's light side only. Dark side can be used for deployments, all missions require light side (except for most ship missions), and some missions/tiers require rebels, and some missions/tiers have even more specific toon requirements.
  • Options
    Malves85 wrote: »
    TB opens a whole new window for developers. I'm no computer expert and as most things this is easier said than done but instead of creating whole new raids they just change the map and unit requirements and they have a new territory. Aside from possibly a ship raid I see us getting more territories in the future instead of raids.

I'm sure it was developed exactly with this in mind. The things they would need to change between the two is graphics/backgrounds, some development for special abilities on both side, and then playtesting to get the right balance. But from a technical perspective, a lot regarding the mechanics of how territory battles work will be in place for a new map.

• Options
    My version for a "balanced" Hoth TB, would have been a 4-day thing:

Phase 1=3* Requirement (no Platoon'ing)
    -DS ships only enter system, asteroids as enemies, destroy as many as you can before wiped out. Pieces of asteroids would fly off to hit your ships.
    -1 Special Mission: Veers and Snowtrooper vs Wampas for bonuses (similar to Tier 2 of Luke Flash Event)
    -2 Combat Missions: DS Toons vs loads and loads of Hoth Scouts/Soldiers
    -DS Deployment only

Phase 2=3* Requirement (no Platoon'ing)
    -1 Special Mission: Vader and Snowtrooper vs Hoth Scouts/Soldiers to "secure" AT-AT (similar to Tier 2 of Luke Flash Event)
    -2 Combat Missions: DS Toons vs all other Rebels (minus Hoth Scouts/Soldiers)
    -DS Deployment only

Phase 3=4* Requirement (no Platoon'ing)
    -1 Special Mission: Vader and Veers take out Hoth Scouts/Soldiers guards of the Shield Generator
    -1 Combat Mission: DS Toons takes out Shield Generator, with random 3 Rebels showing up to defend. This would be similar to Phase 1 of The Pit, but easier, as the Shield Generator is not shooting back.

Phase 3 ends with animation of AT-AT shooting Shield Generator, it blows up, ROLO "speaking" to crowd as in the film.

Phase 4 to 8 would be exactly as the current Rebels-centric Phase 2-6 as shown, but only LS Deployment.

The premise was to have partial invade with DS, and the rest as defend with LS. Basically to break the current Phase 1 into 3 Empire-centric, with the same easy level of difficulty.

I'm sure it would be hard for the Devs to go back and rework it though.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    Dark side will happen maybe 3 to 6 months.
    Once this tb is 40star for most guilds
  • Joost
    233 posts Member
    Options
    As a Sith team user i approve this post!
  • Options
    I would be nice if they switch sides sometimes when it comes to territory battles.
    Like one week joining to rebels and the week after joining the empire by fighting the hoths (with cls, rolo, caption han as bosses or something). Also using the darkside ships to attack!

I think a Dev already said it Jedi temple younglings next.
  • Options
    I'd love to see imperials invading Endor...
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Options
    Id like to see the fight between the separtists and the nightsisters be a TB.
  • Options

Why not combine them make it so you can have two separate campaigns
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    I'm working on veers right now and actually progressing faster with him on hard nodes than I am with deathtrooper in cantina. The imbalance between rebels and empire in this game is total kitten; I'm so tired of the bias. I really hope they have an imperial-themed TB in the future; possibly endor? (Idk, thought hoth would've made the most sense to be imperial themed since veers stomped the rebels). Also geonosis for galactic republic and maybe something like order 66 or naboo for sith/separatists (separatists wouldn't be part of the order 66 one since they were killed too; Order 66 could be like a combination of planets for each phase)

IKR !
  • Options

I can't upvote this enough, still afraid that since Jessie left the greavous rework was left in the dust.
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    Options
    Beeastman wrote: »

I can't upvote this enough, still afraid that since Jessie left the greavous rework was left in the dust.

Was reading Dark Disciple earlier today, and the exact thought occured ^^ raid can work too Imo.
  • Options
    I would not be surprised to see a dark side TB that highlights Episode 8 in some way.
  • Options
    Xezee wrote: »
    Would be great, but nit happening to simple reason: there's 30+ Rebels in game.
    As for Imperials there's only 15:
    2 are legendary (EP, Thrawn)
    1 achievement/fleet exclusive (Vader)
    5 are high energy nodes, either single normal or cantina, which makes them premium pretty much (ShoreT, Krennic, DeathT, Commando, Saxon)
    3 are easly farmable, but shipment exclusive (Tarkin, MagmaT, SnowT - I know, hard node, but 20 energy, no thanks)
    1 is hard node only (Veers, at least you can make progress with 5/day)
    1 is Cantina exclusive (TFP)
    2 are "hybrid" and more or less accessible (RG, StormT).

Obviously, every faction has similar distribution, but you can't get Empire team straight away like you can with Rebels. You won't advise new player to get Empire, because easiest 7 stars from this faction (which are available and not bad by themselves) are TFP and, ironically, Palpatine.

Dude what is wrong with you?