Main Page Guild Chat Icon... (Updated)

RancorPackGuild
1363 posts Member
edited September 2017
Inoperable if Guild Notification banner is present after todays Territory Battle Update.

To fix. Enter guild section. Click that Guild Chat Icon to clear Guild Banner notification.

Return to main page and the chat icon works again.

@CG_Kozispoon

Temporary bypass solution. Tap the message itself without opening light side battles more towards the center of the screen.

It also appears to be intermittent and locks up after each fresh log in. Regardless of banner.

I am on an Android S7 Google Play

Credit to Baldusi for finding this simple solution.

(Updated)

It's gotten worse.

Sometimes I can't get it open in the main with the trick, and guild chat the icon is inop too at times.
Post edited by RancorPackGuild on

Replies

• RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    To clarify this was on my sons accounts and my alt. I wanted to be clear that I mean if I set a new guild banner notification from my main account they cannot enter chat through main page until they go into the guild section first and clear that gold/yellow notification first.

I did not verify if any other access routes are broken such as during squad or galactic war.
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options
    I have noticed similar behavior since the update. It is not limited to the front page or to a banner message. After coming out of a raid phase, there was a phase ended message. In order to open the guild chat I had to open a table (didn't seem to matter which one) and then the button was active.
  • Options
    I can't get into guild chat at all. It's like the button won't work.
  • Options
    We were unable to reproduce this issue on Android or iOS after the update. Can you please try to reinstall the game and let us know if the issue remains?

Thanks.
  • Raindragon
    109 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I have the same issue on the iPad mini. I try to hit the chat button on the main screen, but end up opening light side battles. If I go onto the guild screen, then I can access the chat function.

*Edit - appears to happen primarily when there is any message in the chat when I open the app
    The Academy of the Fallen
  • RancorPackGuild
    1363 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    jcisonline wrote: »
    I can't get into guild chat at all. It's like the button won't work.
    We were unable to reproduce this issue on Android or iOS after the update. Can you please try to reinstall the game and let us know if the issue remains?

Thanks.
    Raindragon wrote: »
    I have the same issue on the iPad mini. I try to hit the chat button on the main screen, but end up opening light side battles. If I go onto the guild screen, then I can access the chat function.

*Edit - appears to happen primarily when there is any message in the chat when I open the app

We found a solution to bypass. Instead of touching the Icon...

Touch the nessage itself to the right of light side battles.

Towards the center.

We also found the icon itself, it does not work after fresh log in regardless of guild notification banner.

But tapping the message without opening light side battles does work.
  • Options
    Thanks for the details all. We managed to reproduce the issue on 4:3 Aspect Ratio devices and it seems to occur only on the Home Screen when trying to open the guild chat by tapping on the right hand side of it. If you tap on the left hand side of the guild chat from the Home Screen it seems to work normally. Let me know if you find the Guild Chat button not working or partially working in any other screens.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Thanks for the details all. We managed to reproduce the issue on 4:3 Aspect Ratio devices and it seems to occur only on the Home Screen when trying to open the guild chat by tapping on the right hand side of it. If you tap on the left hand side of the guild chat from the Home Screen it seems to work normally. Let me know if you find the Guild Chat button not working or partially working in any other screens.

Thanks.

Sounds good. I had already made a general chat addressing the temporary bypass solution we found as well prior to your post here.

Thank you as well.
  • Orba
    63 posts Member
    Options
    Been having the same on a 9.7 iPad Pro.
  • Options
    Orba wrote: »
    Been having the same on a 9.7 iPad Pro.

Try tapping the message itself and see if that works and post if it works.

Thanks for posting. Good to know it is on Apple too.
  • Options
    This issue is still going and in my opinion is worse. Sometimes the main page and the Guild chat icons are broken.