Game Terms

I know what toons (characters) f2p, GW, lvl, pwr, but what are some others.

Replies

• Options
    Some of the terms in the game could use a little explanation. I'm a noon and don't play many games so maybe these are common gaming terms. But when I saw character labeled AoE, I had no idea what that meant. Attack on Everyone? Are those the guys that have specials that hit everyone? Picked up a few... DoT = damage over time.

Buffs and debuffs are another game term.
  • Options
    Whales=p2w
  • Fettfrenzy
    52 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Some of the terms in the game could use a little explanation. I'm a noon and don't play many games so maybe these are common gaming terms. But when I saw character labeled AoE, I had no idea what that meant. Attack on Everyone? Are those the guys that have specials that hit everyone? Picked up a few... DoT = damage over time.

Buffs and debuffs are another game term.

Thanks! If you're correct then Snowtrooper, jawa, Jedi Knight Guardian, Plo Koon, and Jedi Consular heal are AoE, and Mob Enforcer+Greedo's bombs and Talia and Darth Vader's special pwr are DoT. LOL DoT dot! :D:D
    Post edited by Fettfrenzy on
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nerf = Someone doesn't have a toon and want him/her to be completely useless. Why? Because he/she doesn't have that toon.
    Buff = Someone has a character and which isn't a good one. So they want him to be much more effective. Why? Because he/she has toon
  • Options
    Thanks for explanation! :):)
  • Options
    Genakuma wrote: »
    Whales=p2w

Sorry what do you mean by whales=p2w? What does it mean?

• Options
    AoE mean area of effect. Which pretty much means attack on everyone lol never heard that before but it seams more appropriate for the way this game uses AoE. Usually it's a term used in mmos to describe an attack that does a radius of damage like an explosion or healing could be AoE within a bubble or something to that effect.
  • Options
    Any specific terms you want defined?
  • Options
    Whales are big spenders, the guys who P2W , Pay to Win.

AoE=area of effect, an attack on everyone basically
    Dps=damage per second, not really applicable here but it's a universal term for high damage dealers.
    DoT= Damage over Time, an effect that continues to reduce the target's health over time.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    What're Nodes?!? What're those play. :D:D
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nodes=battles
    Node 3 in cantina= 3rd battle in cantina
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Fettfrenzy wrote: »
    What're Nodes?!? What're those play. :D:D

Nodes could be lumps you need to get biopsied but in this instance it means a particular battle ie: Dark Side hard node 4-C is where you find Ahsoka shards.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    slmcmr wrote: »
    Nerf = Someone doesn't have a toon and want him/her to be completely useless. Why? Because he/she doesn't have that toon.
    Buff = Someone has a character and which isn't a good one. So they want him to be much more effective. Why? Because he/she has toon
    Lol... So true
  • Options
    "game balancing" - making previously intentionally OP toons close to useless,

"RNG" - random number generator, often highly manipulated with driving factors, e.g. currently lowered drop rates

"current meta (metagame)" - latest trend for most efficient winning toons composition, often shifted for increasing pocket drying efficiency