First order tie fighter strafe question

How is strafe better than the basic? The description says the basic inflicts physical damage and has a chance to hit twice and inflict target lock. Strafe just says it deals physical damage. How is that better? Is it just a matter of the description not accurately describing? Does it do massively more physical damage or something? What am I missing?

Replies

• Options
    I'm pretty sure it does more damage. I wish there was a better descriptor on abilities to show relative damage to their other abilities.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    I think it is the hardest hitting ship ability there is, at least with no cooldown it is
  • Options
    Lowkey wrote: »
    How is strafe better than the basic? The description says the basic inflicts physical damage and has a chance to hit twice and inflict target lock. Strafe just says it deals physical damage. How is that better? Is it just a matter of the description not accurately describing? Does it do massively more physical damage or something? What am I missing?

Strafe does more damage. According to swgoh.gg, Strafe has a modifier of 3.725 while the basic's modifier is 1.92. That's max level for both. So if the basic does double tap you're at about the same damage you get out of Strafe. Only a 45% chance to attack twice though on the basic.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hard hitting
    Can reset cooldown so it's almost a basic
    When forced to attack TFP, only 1 dodge vs 2 (my favorite when in a pinch)

By itself I don't think it deal more then 2 basics, but there is less chance for the 2 basics then a single strike from the special.

Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    Thanks all. Kyno... i dont know how to send a direct message to you but if you check back.... How do i find the "ships" sub forum? I actually looked for one before posting in general but didn't see it
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Lowkey wrote: »
    Thanks all. Kyno... i dont know how to send a direct message to you but if you check back.... How do i find the "ships" sub forum? I actually looked for one before posting in general but didn't see it

1. To send a direct message just click on the user's name and then click on mesage
    B50OhO3.jpg
    2. When you create a post, in the select category section, choose feedback: ships
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]