Lost 500+ Crystals to Arena refresh glitch UPDATE: RESOLVED

Strubz
429 posts Member
edited August 2017
Third and Final Update:

Big thank you to @EA_MindTricks for coming through on this. After my terrible phone interaction with EA support this morning, I contacted MindTrick who very quickly apologized and promised to look into the issue.

Within one hour of this promise, he contacted me again and I received a refund for the exact amount of crystals lost.

Although I may still complain once in awhile (probably about rebels, who knows), I now know there are some good people at EA who appreciate their customers. Thank you EA. Now let's get this update rolling! Mods, please feel free to close this post as resolved.

Original Post:

Was attempting to refresh arena attempts a few minutes ago, didn't seem to be working. Clicked ok a few times to spend the crystals and when it finally loaded I was down over 500 crystals. Restarted the game, still missing the crystals. Can I get this investigated and refunded?

EDIT:

See my response post below.

Recap:
EA Support called me, kept me on the phone for a total of 35 minutes, offered 50 crystals with no explanation why they couldn't investigate further, denied my request to speak to a supervisor, became incredibly rude to me when I asked again to speak to someone else, told me to give up, then abruptly hung up on me. I need to speak to someone about this that actually cares about their customers.

Second Edit:

EA_MindTricks was kind enough to reach out to me on the forums and apologized for the poor customer service. He is having someone look into the issue. I will update again to let you know if EA comes through!
Post edited by Strubz on

Replies

• Options
    send a PM to @EA_MindTricks
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    send a PM to @EA_MindTricks

Send them a PM, thanks. Any idea how long the refund process takes? Was counting on those crystals for cantina refreshes to farm Hoth Han. Wondering if anyone has experienced this before and what happened?
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    EA support called me back and claimed they could only refund 50 crystals with no explanation why i couldn't get the original amount back. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was placed on hold for 20 minutes. The same guy came back on the phone and said my request to speak to someone else was denied. When I said that wasn't acceptable, that 50 crystals was not enough and I still wanted to speak to someone, he became incredibly rude, said there was nothing I could do, I should just accept it and then he freaking hung up on me. This is completely unacceptable. I have spent hundreds upon hundreds on this game, I have never once asked for a refund. A legitimate bug causes me to lose 500 crystals and their response is a big slap in the face and hanging up on me. Is this what you think of your loyal customers???? I'm asking someone from CG or EA to please contact me to rectify this.
  • Options
    Wow that is pretty bad. One of my guild mates recently didnt get the rewards from a tank raid we completed, so he put in a support ticket, they said they could investigate but that if they find nothing was wrong that they would close his account. So obviously he said F that,not worth losing his account over a glitch.

Support for this game is pretty scary...
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_MindTricks was kind enough to reach out to me on the forums and apologized for the poor customer service. He is having someone look into the issue. I will update again to let you know if EA comes through!
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Options
    As noted in my original entry, this has been resolved and rectified by EA. I am quite happy with the results although the journey could have been a bit less painful.
  • Options
    Strubz wrote: »
    As noted in my original entry, this has been resolved and rectified by EA. I am quite happy with the results although the journey could have been a bit less painful.

That phone guy! Lol. :D