Destroyer Droid (Droideka) Character Idea

STRIKEBOMB
1232 posts Member
edited January 2018
Something happened to my first version of this post so I had to repost it. Finally got around to it since college started.

Droideka : Dark Side, Droid, Separatist, Tank. Stats - 5,000 Health, 60,000 Protection, 145 speed

Description - Low Health high Protection Droid Tank that has high sustainability, hinders enemy Turn Meter gain and protects allies through buffs.

Dual Twin Blaster Cannons (Basic Ability) - Deal physical damage to target enemy with a 65% chance to attack again, successive attacks cannot be Critical Hits. Each attack has a 45% chance to inflict Stagger for 2 turns. 4,000 - 4,500 damage

Redeployment (Special Ability) - Gain Taunt for 2 turns and dispell all debuffs on itself, then inflict Speed Down on itself for 2 turns. (4 Turn Cooldown)

Deflector Shield Generator (Unique Ability) - At the start of each of its turns recover 20% of its Max Protection. In addition, Droideka is immune to percentage based affects and cannot take Health based damage until its Protection is gone and whenever Droideka uses Dual Twin Blaster Cannons inflict Protection Down (5%) on itself for each attack for 2 turns. Zeta - Increase Protection recovery to 35% and gain Defense Up and Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn at the end of each of its turns.

Colicoid Design (Unique Ability) - At the start of each encounter Droideka deploys its shield gaining Taunt for 2 turns, then grants all Separatist and Droid allies Defense Up and Protection Up (25%) for 3 turns. In addition, if there is at least 1 other Separatist or Dark Side Droid ally, Taunt cannot be prevented or removed. Zeta - Droideka gains 65% Counter Chance while taunting and Defense Up and Protection Up cannot be removed.

Edit: Added 15k protection to reflect his gear 12 health pool and removed Shield Charge unique buff (replaced with 2 turn taunt) and also slightly changed Colicoid Design to incorporate aspects of the Shield Charge buff (namely the cannot be removed part).
Post edited by STRIKEBOMB on

Replies

• J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    giphy.gif
    I am shocked they haven't added a Droideka already. I like your idea for the implementation, it really fits the Droideka style. Maybe they will add something like this during the Separatist pass.

p.s. College classes just started for me too. Already, my time on SWGOH has taken a hit, lol. (Of course, it doesn't help I also started 2 new jobs.)
  • Options
    J7Luke wrote: »
    I like your idea for the implementation, it really fits the Droideka style.

• Options
    Edit: Updated Droideka to have more protection so he isn't weak at gear 12.
  • Options
    Anyone have some suggestions for this?
  • Options
    Health is to high. I'd go 2000.
  • Options
    I didn't even read your description but can still tell you that I'd love to see one of these in game. They were one of the truly cool characters from The Phantom Menace. It would be nice to have it drop with the inevitable General Grievous rework, and to give them some nice synergy.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    The whole shield charge idea seems cool, but it seems rather futile. It seems like a cannon fodder buff of sorts. It just doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    I wrote a kit for this character not long ago. Check it out on my account.
  • Options
    The whole shield charge idea seems cool, but it seems rather futile. It seems like a cannon fodder buff of sorts. It just doesn't make sense.

I made this idea originally before CLS came out, so back then things were relatively balanced and I wanted a droid with pre taunt. But there was a problem with that because a 1 turn pretaunt would be pointless in a droid team since they would go before the enemy team and use it up. A 2 turn taunt would fix that but then if he's used in a non droid team then a 2 turn pretaunt would be OP (before CLS came out at least). So now that CLS and rebels are OP I could just change the Shield Charges to a 2 turn taunt now. I will update it later.
  • Options
    Update: Removed Shield Charges (Unique buff) and replaced it with 2 turn Taunt that cannot be removed or prevented if there is at least 1 other Separatist or DARK SIDE Droid ally (I don't want this to be an auto include in every team with R2).
  • Options
    No, it will all be pay walled and LS will get something even more outrageous than CLS for free in response.
  • Options
    No, it will all be pay walled and LS will get something even more outrageous than CLS for free in response.

I would pay for that paywall :)
  • Options
    Anyone have any suggested changes or comments?