Territory Battles: Wiggs etc. actually not needed?

Hi guys
I am still wondering what the most effective way of preparing for the combat missions in tb is. I know we need 4 light side teams at maximum.

In phase 5 you need a phoenix and in phase 6 a rogue one team so those are set in stone.

Summing up phase 6: u need a rebel team, a rogue one team, a team including new han and leia and a 4th light side team.
The phoenix team from phase 5 can take the spot of the rebel team here. For the light side team i will probably use a gk-barriss combo. resistance or jedi or clones etc will work as well. As for the new han and leia team u probably want 3 more rebels to fill it up and as they are required throughout tb as well you should probably add hoth scout, soldier and cls.
My point being that the obvious rebel team of wiggs, lando, sthan etc is actually not needed and investing in those toons just for tb concerning its rebel required battles seems to be a waste of resources (excluding staring them up for platoon missions).

The other way to look at it is that you can go for wiggs, lando etc and kind of "ignore" investing in hoth scout and soldier while substituting them into the team when required but mainly relying on the power of wiggs etc for the win. The downside is that for the last phase u will have to substitute 2 spots with new han and leia and as a result making the team "weakest" for the last phase and probably hardest encounter.

In the end the way I see it is that you should go for the following teams for tb in terms of gearing etc:

1) Phoenix
2) Rogue One
3) CLS, hoth solo, hoth leia, hoth soldier, hoth scout
4) any lightside team with good sustain such as clones, resistance, jedi, gk+barriss, wedge rebels etc.

What do u guys think?

Replies

• Options
    It depends on the territory.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • kalidor
    2124 posts Member
    Options
    It's entirely possible that a set of territories with 2 or more combat missions might randomly require Wedge and Biggs in different missions (ditto for Chaze, K2/Cass). So I wouldn't assume that you'll be able to use Wiggs together, because there might be cases where you won't want to in order to complete both combat missions.
    It would be a good idea to have a variety of LS leader heroes' Leader abilities maxed. Once you use Wedge in a battle, he's out for 24h and you'll need other decent leader abilities, like Lando, CLS, Jyn, zFinn, etc. otherwise you might end up having to use an stHan L4 leader ability.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Maxed ST Han leader still isn't that bad you know
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    It's entirely possible that a set of territories with 2 or more combat missions might randomly require Wedge and Biggs in different missions (ditto for Chaze, K2/Cass). So I wouldn't assume that you'll be able to use Wiggs together, because there might be cases where you won't want to in order to complete both combat missions.
    It would be a good idea to have a variety of LS leader heroes' Leader abilities maxed. Once you use Wedge in a battle, he's out for 24h and you'll need other decent leader abilities, like Lando, CLS, Jyn, zFinn, etc. otherwise you might end up having to use an stHan L4 leader ability.

I could be wrong but i dont think special combat missions can have any other restrictions than hoth soldier, scout, han, leia, cls. There doesnt seem to be any variance in that department. in terms of platoon missions u r right. if they require an insane amount of bazes that would suck and screw up a lot. this post was just about the cheapest farms to beat all combat missions regardless of other aspects. plus we do not know yet how crucial the platoon mission bonuses are.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Someone posted this on one of the other TB threads. I don't think Wedge and Biggs are REQUIRED but they will be usefull

http://shard.swgoh.life/territory_battle.php
  • Options
    Maxed ST Han leader still isn't that bad you know

not saying it is bad just if i have the choice of gearing up 20 or 25 toons i will go with 20. that is hard enough
  • Options
    hbk1468 wrote: »

I could be wrong but i dont think special combat missions can have any other restrictions than hoth soldier, scout, han, leia, cls. There doesnt seem to be any variance in that department. in terms of platoon missions u r right. if they require an insane amount of bazes that would suck and screw up a lot. this post was just about the cheapest farms to beat all combat missions regardless of other aspects. plus we do not know yet how crucial the platoon mission bonuses are.

There's one combat mission that requires Phoenix and one combat mission that requires Rogue One.

Personally, I plan on building up Phoenix as soon as I'm done with my Resistance. Both Resistance and Phoenix should be great for PvE. And Phoenix I can use in other rebel requirements, as well (and increase my ship GP while I'm at it).
  • Options
    Just pondering.. L - CLS, Wedge, Biggs, Leia, Lando?
  • Options
    Dretzle wrote: »

There's one combat mission that requires Phoenix and one combat mission that requires Rogue One.

Personally, I plan on building up Phoenix as soon as I'm done with my Resistance. Both Resistance and Phoenix should be great for PvE. And Phoenix I can use in other rebel requirements, as well (and increase my ship GP while I'm at it).

yes i meant single character requirements
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    There isn't a guarantee that the phoenix/rogue one teams will be able to complete other combat missions. One would assume their battles would be tested against them but maybe other combat missions they will be a poor choice.

It could be very possible that wiggs/lando etc could be preferred for those combat missions (only time will tell, look how the HAAT teams have changed).

With the sheer numbers and platoons many viable combos will have to be found and alternates ready. What do you do if 1 of your "combat" team members is in the platoon mission that week? Some members will have to be able to field alternate teams that are just as effective.
  • kalidor
    2124 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

While that's a good team, it also consumes two very good leaders (CLS, Wedge) and two average leaders (Leia, Lando). Something like CLS (L), R2, Chaze, Hoth Scout/Soldier, then Wiggs, Hoth Soldier/Scout, Ezra, Farmboy Luke would be a better use of leaders.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Is not about them Rebels be required, is just most ppl already have wiggs Landon and others level and geared up, so of cause they will be a easy choice
  • Options
    Wedge L + Lando though... yum yum snacking on those Empire taunters
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Twin wrote: »
    There isn't a guarantee that the phoenix/rogue one teams will be able to complete other combat missions. One would assume their battles would be tested against them but maybe other combat missions they will be a poor choice.

It could be very possible that wiggs/lando etc could be preferred for those combat missions (only time will tell, look how the HAAT teams have changed).

With the sheer numbers and platoons many viable combos will have to be found and alternates ready. What do you do if 1 of your "combat" team members is in the platoon mission that week? Some members will have to be able to field alternate teams that are just as effective.

the battles are not vastly different until phase 5 as the game changers already revealed. plus there are only 7 different toons the empire can have. phase 6 is still a wild card yes but i do not expect there to be battle that can only be won with resistance etc. Yes the platoons can screw things up but the way i see it is that the combat missions are more important for the overall outcome. without having a huge roster to come by any challenge you will have to start somewhere and mastering all possible combat challenges seems to be the best way to start.
  • Options
    You can FARM shards for any toon you want.
    To have any success in phases 5&6 better have gear12
  • DarthVengeance
    83 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

While that's a good team, it also consumes two very good leaders (CLS, Wedge) and two average leaders (Leia, Lando). Something like CLS (L), R2, Chaze, Hoth Scout/Soldier, then Wiggs, Hoth Soldier/Scout, Ezra, Farmboy Luke would be a better use of leaders.

Hmmmm tks

• JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

Yes the platoons can screw things up but the way i see it is that the combat missions are more important for the overall outcome.

Some combat missions may be too hard without the bonus ability from the platoon missions. So everyone really needs to be stared up.

And since the majority of the combat missions don't require Phoenix or Rogue 1, I want my strongest Rebel team to be the one that is most effective, and can be used every phase. That may very well be a Wiggs+Lando Rebel squad. Unless a big offense boost, insanely high AoE DPS with self cooldown reduction, self healing on crits or KOs, TM boost on a crit (which is 70-80% every turn for a well modded Lando vs the number of enemies shown in videos), and one of the most devastating single target DPS attacks in the game are all not going to be useful.... then maybe I'll go with Phoenix first.

Otherwise Wiggs+Lando may still be boss. Also McMole2 mentioned them being awesome, and an optimal squad. But it remains to be seen.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Yes the platoons can screw things up but the way i see it is that the combat missions are more important for the overall outcome.

Some combat missions may be too hard without the bonus ability from the platoon missions. So everyone really needs to be stared up.

And since the majority of the combat missions don't require Phoenix or Rogue 1, I want my strongest Rebel team to be the one that is most effective, and can be used every phase. That may very well be a Wiggs+Lando Rebel squad. Unless a big offense boost, insanely high AoE DPS with self cooldown reduction, self healing on crits or KOs, TM boost on a crit (which is 70-80% every turn for a well modded Lando vs the number of enemies shown in videos), and one of the most devastating single target DPS attacks in the game are all not going to be useful.... then maybe I'll go with Phoenix first.

Otherwise Wiggs+Lando may still be boss. Also McMole2 mentioned them being awesome, and an optimal squad. But it remains to be seen.

if u have them at g10 or 11 sure all power to you. this was more meant as a little help on who to gear up. i have wiggs and lando at g9 and would have to invest a lot to get them higher. it just may be that that gear is better spent on the toons that are actually really required.