TB Combat Missions [MEGA]

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Dormant wrote: »
    Deploying troops should always be the last thing you do, until after you have looked at the platoon requirements and done the combat missions, then you can dump your junk toons, so the tutorial was incorrecr as once you dumped your toons you cannot use them in platoons or combat missions.

While I agree that deploying troops should be the last thing you do, your information is incorrect.

You can still use deployed troops in platoon and combat missions, and here is the key, in that territory they were deployed to. For phase 1 this didn't matter, there was only 1 territory. In phase 2, if you deployed your HRSoldier to the overlook, you just messed up because now you can't use him as a required toon in the Ion Cannon territory mission. But if you deployed him to the Ion Cannon territory, you can still use him in the mission in that territory as well.

So I agree the tutorial is teaching a bad habit, but it did not matter for phase 1 in any way what-so-ever.
  • Options
    It seem the majority of the phase have 3 combat mission. Can anyone look at my roster and advise what 3 team I can combine to optimize my combat mission success. I have a zeta on bariss and 2 zeta on r2. https://swgoh.gg/u/swag2017/
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Well, for one of them you need your scout. So try to beef up your scout, and build a Rebel team around him. But the rest you mighy want to check your platoons first.
  • Options
    Wiggs + Lando (geared up with decent mods) can pretty much do all 6 waves on their own, so this team is really good for missions where the requirements are other toons like Hoth Rebel Soldier or Scout (you can leave those undergeared)

GK lead plus Zarris is another good composition...add some Jedies like QGJ, Mace, Ahsoka (Ezra will be great if you gear him up)...maybe add R2...
    - In case you cannot deal a lot of damage with your Jedi, then you can do GK+Zarris+R2+Leia+R2 (Leia is great with R2 providing stealth)

Third team could be made with CLS lead plus the rest of your strong rebels - Baze, Chirrut, Jyn, Cassian...
  • Options
    Hey, so how are full Resistance (minus R2) in these combat missions? Are they able to run the expose train and finish all 6 waves without being hit once? Or is there a gameplay mechanism in place that prevents that?

I have a zeta coming up, and I was deciding between Han and Leia, but if zFinn can roll through a TB mission (as they can do in GW), I'd probably toss my resources that way.
  • Options
    You need a Rogue 1 team and PHX squadron for future TB campaign missions. So since you have to build those 2 up anyway, there you go.
    As someone else mentioned, Wiggsdo is pretty good on their own. So use them with a couple of lower geared toons and you should be good. Especially with the Soldier node. GK+zBarris is a good combo as well. You could put them with a couple of lower level attackers to help protect them. Ahsoka could be a good fit there. And you have Rex who can work well as a leader also. Perhaps put him with STH for some pretty decent TM gains.
  • Sollos
    41 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Deploying troops should always be the last thing you do, until after you have looked at the platoon requirements and done the combat missions, then you can dump your junk toons, so the tutorial was incorrecr as once you dumped your toons you cannot use them in platoons or combat missions.

While I agree that deploying troops should be the last thing you do, your information is incorrect.

You can still use deployed troops in platoon and combat missions, and here is the key, in that territory they were deployed to. For phase 1 this didn't matter, there was only 1 territory. In phase 2, if you deployed your HRSoldier to the overlook, you just messed up because now you can't use him as a required toon in the Ion Cannon territory mission. But if you deployed him to the Ion Cannon territory, you can still use him in the mission in that territory as well.

So I agree the tutorial is teaching a bad habit, but it did not matter for phase 1 in any way what-so-ever.

False
    *edit - this is actually true. I hang my head in shame
    Post edited by Sollos on
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Sollos wrote: »
    Fanatic wrote: »

False

That's funny, cause it worked just fine for me during phase 1. And it worked just fine for everyone in my guild. And it seems to be working just fine for 99% of the GOH population.

Now you may be confusing deployment with using units in platoons and not being able to use them in missions, but that is on you to understand the correct terminology. Deployment does not prevent you from using toons in platoons or missions (so long as they were deployed to the territory the platoon or mission is in). Using a toon in a platoon though will prevent you from using that same toon in a mission.
  • Options
    Updated: a9pwg2.jpg
  • Options
    So I received some news allegedly from devs communicated through BHG guild that we need to delay executing combat or deployment until 2 hours after each phase is opened because of some bugs (causing restarts etc)..

Can some devs clarify this?
  • Options
    Is there a way to see who hasn't taken on a combat mission, I know you can see 45/50 have done it.

Just wondering if there is a way to tell who are the five for instance who haven't taken part. Thanks in advance
  • Options
    Go to the leaderboard and see which mambers have completed 0 rounds
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    I'm currently on a vacation with a bad internet and it's frustrating when you're out of luck to enter a fight (unstable connection), and it's got marked as failed without a single wave completed.

Devs, please allow to replay a battle in this case.
  • Options
    There is no option to retreat anymore, so it makes no sense to me why the points don't auto log when you complete a wave. It sucks when your game crashes during the last wave and you get nothing
  • Options
    Surprised I haven't seen anyone mention this yet...is it just me or are these combat missions murder starting from phase 3?

Un-retreatable, ridiculous health, mass ability blocks, double-protection-ups, and full buff strips (even through foresight) so quick they're pretty much on demand...this is worse than GW and Empire Assault combined!

What strategies are there to beat these?
  • Options
    Hey, so how are full Resistance (minus R2) in these combat missions? Are they able to run the expose train and finish all 6 waves without being hit once? Or is there a gameplay mechanism in place that prevents that?
    Resistance is great. They're my third best team behind jedi and rebels (fourth if you include droids) but they're the only one that has 6/6 every combat mission.

You can get the expose train rolling, but if Poe whiffs on a mass expose it can really suck...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Drakkon
    66 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Here is my breakdown. I have a Full G11 Clone team with very strong mods. And a full G11 Resitance team with very good mods. They will 6/6 without any issue on any phase.

BOLD represents required Char

Phase 1
    A. 6/6 Clones - all G11 , very strong mods
    B. 6/6 Resistance - all G11 , strong mods
    Phase 2
    A. 6/6 Hoth Reb Soldier(g8) + ZZCLS(lead)+ Chaze (g11)+ Jyn (g11)
    B. 6/6 Clones
    C. 6/6 Resistance
    Phase 3
    A. 6/6 Hoth Reb Scout(g8) + Wiggs(lead) + R2 + Jyn
    B. 6/6 Clones
    C. 6/6 Resistance
    D. N/A - will try this week ROLO Battle - Hoth Reb Soldier(g8) + Hoth Han + ZZCLS(lead)+ Chaze
    Phase 4
    A. 6/6 Hoth Reb Soldier + CLS(lead)+ Chaze+ Jyn
    B. 6/6 Clones
    C. 6/6 Resistance
    Phase 5
    A. 5/6 Hoth Reb Scout + Akbar + Jyn + R2 + Lando
    B. 5/6 TB Reward - ZzCLS + Chaze+ Wiggs (previously ran CLs Wiggs R2 and Leia for 5/6)
    C. 5/6 Phoenix - team needs work
    D. 6/6 Resistance
    Phase 6
    A. 5/6 Rebels Only - Commander Luke + Wiggs(g11) + R2(G10) +Leia(g11)
    B. 5/6 Rogue One only - my cassian (g8) and Bistan (g9) still stuck, and my K2 sucks worse.
    C. 6/6 Resistance
    D. N/A Hoth Han + Rolo Battle – N/A as no ROLO yet

Curious to know what other teams are being run in phases 5 & 6 with success? What jedi teams (and makeup) or any other teams have been successful in 5 or 6?

Most interested in successful runs for 5A, 5B and 6A

Thanks
    https://swgoh.gg/u/drakkon/
  • Options
    Are the enemies in each wave random or a set group? Will my guildmates see the exact same enemies I do?
  • Options
    Bakhtosh wrote: »
    Are the enemies in each wave random or a set group? Will my guildmates see the exact same enemies I do?
    The combat mission enemy waves are randomized.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!