NEWSFLASH: Poe is still viable in Arena

All you people freaking out about how Poe is useless now and saying you want a refund need to relax.

I'm running Luminara (L), Fives/Res Pilot, IG-86, Poggle and Poe.

I'm able to crack top 100 on one of the hardest soft launch servers (people with full 7* teams at rank 400-500). I'm the only one using Luminara as leader in the top 100. Every other noob is using Phasma or Sidious. My only chance to beat those teams is to have Poe taunt so I can kill the enemy's Poggle first. YES he was nerfed but he's still a great character.

Replies

• Options
    They just want free stuff.
  • Options
    I resent that. I use Phasma as lead!
  • BrobiWanKenobi
    277 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Haha. I guess I shouldn't have taken a shot at a huge chunk of the player base. Apologies :blush:
  • Options
    Haha. I guess I shouldn't have taken a shot at a huge chunk of the player base. Apologies :blush:

Thank you :tongue:
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Top 100? What's next...don't worry all is fine with GW "I made it to battle 7?". Any advise from a top 100 player is like me trying to enlighten Selena Williams about how great my Granpa Dunlop racket was...sigh.

Maybe you could crack top 90 if you use Barris instead! She is very viable. C'mon.
  • Options
    Lol
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Poe is still viable, but he isn't the one trick pony anymore which is what makes it frustrating if you were counting on that. Now, you just use him more as a fast taunt, and since almost everyone has gone to a "speed team" he is usually the last to go. So your guys have already gone, his guys have gone, and then your guys go again. Works alright.
  • Options
    Top 100? What's next...don't worry all is fine with GW "I made it to battle 7?". Any asvise from a top 100 player is like me trying to enlighten Selena Williams about how great my Granpa Dunlop racket was...sigh.

Maybe you could crack top 90 if tou ise abarris instead! She is very viable.

Haha nice analogy. Except the top 100 makes up about 0.001% of my server. So Poe is at least viable in 99.999% of Arena! :smiley:

And on my server 80 of the top 100 players are using the same team combinations. So if Poe is viable at 100, he's viable at 20-50 at least. The only people I hear complaining about Poe are outside of the top ranks.

I'd be interested to know which server you're currently on just so I know this isn't coming some from some guy on a terrible hard launch server who's level 56 and thinks he's awesome for sniping #1. If not, more power to you but I think you get where I'm coming from now.
  • Xukca
    52 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I do and do not agree. Poe surely could be used, and hell, I am still using it, because I don't have better developed toon synegising with the rest of my team. But if I could rank top 3 everyday (pre nerf) for about month and a half, I barely make it to top 10-20 with an obligatory refresh right now.

About your comment that everybody uses the same team, I strongly disagree. There is big variety in top 30 team comps right now, and I started this game the day it got released in the play store. Poe's role will be shifted as a situational character and I can't wait to get rid of him..
  • Options
    Doesn't matter. People were misled and EA is doing nothing for them
    It is logical. reddit.com/r/anarcho_capitalism
  • Options
    I feel that Poe would be in a fantastic place with 1, MAYBE 2 more speed. At 1 speed he ties Rey and outspeeds poggle. At +2 he would outspeed Rey. And in the current meta, shifting an addition dps or buffer behind the taunt would be a nice way to slow things down, IMO.

Poe does one thing well at top 10. He brings your QGJ sped OB to speed 142(effectively). That means you can offense down/ability lock a lot of characters.
  • Options
    Top 100? What's next...don't worry all is fine with GW "I made it to battle 7?". Any asvise from a top 100 player is like me trying to enlighten Selena Williams about how great my Granpa Dunlop racket was...sigh.

Haha nice analogy. Except the top 100 makes up about 0.001% of my server. So Poe is at least viable in 99.999% of Arena! :smiley:

And on my server 80 of the top 100 players are using the same team combinations. So if Poe is viable at 100, he's viable at 20-50 at least. The only people I hear complaining about Poe are outside of the top ranks.

I'd be interested to know which server you're currently on just so I know this isn't coming some from some guy on a terrible hard launch server who's level 56 and thinks he's awesome for sniping #1. If not, more power to you but I think you get where I'm coming from now.

My server reached 60 in mid Dec. it's nit ultra competitive but the top 200 is full 7* with ocassional 5* Rey or 5* Leia in the upper range.

If it can't crack in the top 10, it's not useful in Arena. What is these team composition 80% arenusing? High Speed High Damage?

• Options

That is the crux of the matter.
  • Options

My server reached 60 in mid Dec. it's nit ultra competitive but the top 200 is full 7* with ocassional 5* Rey or 5* Leia in the upper range.

If it can't crack in the top 10, it's not useful in Arena. What is these team composition 80% arenusing? High Speed High Damage?

I don't see why there are so many complainers that Poe got nerfed. I am constantly in the top 10 and Poe is all I f****** see on teams (pardon the language). I don't use Poe, I despise that over powered POS. Oh, and I started playing a couple days after the game was officially released.

The OP is correct. Poe is still fine if you insist on using him. Most likely if you are failing then you have the wrong squad built around him.
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • Options
    He's definitely viable.

Ucw5dTi.jpgZR3MKve.jpg
  • Options

That is the crux of the matter.

Lol no it really isn't although you guys keep trying to make it be. The true heart of it is they can change anything they want with no notice.