Stunners

I'm a f2p and the gods of the bronzium cards (or chromium... I've gotten a few as well) have given me a small treat in characters with a stun ability: Hoth Rebel Scout, Coruscant Police, URoRRRR (or whateveRRR his name is). Since I think Stun has great potential (the king of all debuffs - the enemy character just loses his turn altogether!), and I'm reminded of it every time I face Dooku and/or Daka, I put some love in developing, levelling and equipping them to some measure, then enlisting them in some battles. Well, apart from the Oppress challenge, the results are between disappointing and disastrous.

URoRRR: 45% Stun chance on his main attack, that certainly looks good! (I was already thinking how great it would work with Phasma or other assists...) As a tribe leader, I was expecting him to have at least some decent health and offense to cover up for his unhelpful 2nd and Leader abilities, but haven't seen much. At level 56, 4*, gear VI, health is little above 5k, and he doesn't survive very long and the 'crack' sound you hear when he hits comes from his stick, not from his victim's skull: 500 - 800 damage at most. On top of it, low potency means he does stun maybe once a battle.

Coruscant Police: Again, stun on the main attack seems like a great feature, but he's overall even weaker that the joker above. At least his second ability (group offense down) is somewhat useful.

Hoth Rebel scout: His stun is on a special, which is less useful, but added with great speed, a useful turn-meter gain on his main (but a useless anti-Empire passive) and decent-looking stats, he looks like the one I can save from this lot. Again, low potency means not so many stuns either.

I don't see any of these 3 in any team I face in Arena or GW, so I guess they're not that popular, probably for a reason.
Has anyone had good experience with any of them? Is there an incredible gear update coming along that will turn them into something viable?
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Replies

• Options
    URoRRR is pretty useless in my opinion.

Coruscant Police in the right squad can prove useful especially when facing characters like poggle and GS where abilities to increase offence power is nullified by decreasing offence power. Instead of receiving 5000+ damage from them you can expect to see a drop to 1000 and below. Only problem is getting past the first round of attacks to actually be able to use this move.

Hoth Rebel scout can also be useful in the right squad. Something you may not know about him is that he is able to counter, decent health, defence up, taunt for two turns altho I sometimes wish this was one. Can do well but again you need the right squad to work around.
  • Options

Coruscant Police in the right squad can prove useful especially when facing characters like poggle and GS where abilities to increase offence power is nullified by decreasing offence power. Instead of receiving 5000+ damage from them you can expect to see a drop to 1000 and below. Only problem is getting past the first round of attacks to actually be able to use this move.

Hoth Rebel scout can also be useful in the right squad. Something you may not know about him is that he is able to counter, decent health, defence up, taunt for two turns altho I sometimes wish this was one. Can do well but again you need the right squad to work around.

You're thinking of Hoth Rebel Soldier. Hoth Rebel Scout is actually a really good drop. He's in the top 10% for speed and has good damage and health for an attacker. I think we'll be seeing more of this guy in the future.

Although the usual Sid, Lumi, GS, and QGJ are the "best" characters to farm first in their respective areas, I think you could do quite well with Ackbar, Hoth Scout, Lumi and GS (Luke might be okay here, but I'd go with GS). After you finish Ackbar to 4*, get Han up to 7* and its a pretty solid team.
  • Options
    l3end3r wrote: »

You're thinking of Hoth Rebel Soldier. Hoth Rebel Scout is actually a really good drop. He's in the top 10% for speed and has good damage and health for an attacker. I think we'll be seeing more of this guy in the future.

Although the usual Sid, Lumi, GS, and QGJ are the "best" characters to farm first in their respective areas, I think you could do quite well with Ackbar, Hoth Scout, Lumi and GS (Luke might be okay here, but I'd go with GS). After you finish Ackbar to 4*, get Han up to 7* and its a pretty solid team.

Aw, thanks for clearing that up.
  • Options
    Add daka and dooku