Abilities icons disappearing, unable to finish battle even on auto

First of all, as usual, sorry if this bug was already brought up somewhere, I searched for similar topics but couldn't find it.

In the midst of the various bugs and crashes brought by TB, I'll add this one the list: Yesterday, mid battle, all attack/abilities icons disappeared randomly. I could still target enemies at will, but couldn't attack or do anything. I though I would be able to circumvent the problem by switching to auto battle but it didn't work, as nothing happened.

Because a picture is worth 1000 words:

http://i.imgur.com/Y8odJYS.png

That was quite problematic, especially because not being able to finish battle means quites a few point lost for the guild total.

So thanks a lot for the TB update, really, it's a lot of fun and I love seeing the whole guild coordinate it's effort. But if you could squish these pesky bugs, that would be great.

Replies

• Options
    Not quite the same for me, because I still could see the icons, but no action was happening. Had to force close the app. Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    Well I tried to post that this also happened to me and include a picture but must not have been approved.

Stage 4, luke CLS lead. He changes stance just as airstrike becomes available and everything locked up.

Worst is that no credit given for even the precious 3 stages so cost our guild 470k tb and 6 mission wins for me

15 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Can confirm this one as well, this has just happened to me.

Stage 4/6 on the TB Combat Mission for the bottom territory in phase 5.
    Airstrike ability had just refreshed on 5s' turn - he used his special unprompted, dealing damage - and then it shows up with his attack options but pressing the screen does not register anything.
    Cog option is greyed out at the top left, and doing any number of combinations of 1x, 2x, 4x and auto produces no actions.
    I am still able to select enemies manually, and enter guild chat - after entering guild chat, the attack option button visuals for 5s disappear completely.

Only way I can re-enter the game is to force close and re-open.

Afterwards, it shows my deployment in the combat mission log of 84,039 (my exact squad power of my 5 Clones) but no phase completion results.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

@CG_Kozispoon
  • Options
    It just happened to me again. Same team composition, different round of the fight. Again, Luke try to act on his own and mess up with everything, making you unable to do anything.

Any official word? Was this issue even acknowledged in some other thread? I saw multiple reddit thread on it but no word from tje dev. Please, it's a very annoying issue, penalizing the whole guild an not just one player.

dbpqnDw.jpg

• sL4sh
    14 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It also happened to me on a solo rancor running Wiggs CLS Jyn Rex.
    (during full auto solo)
  • Veskasa_Stargazer
    7 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Same thing just happened to me on the Power Generator combat mission. Baze countered then immediately used Fierce Reprisal without me selecting it, then everything froze and the icons disappeared soon after. Auto also did not work for me either. Lost my guild 372k points :neutral:

http://tinypic.com/r/2nrpz6a/9
  • Options
    It's almost like counter-attacks are bugged, but I'm no expert. @CG_TopHat is though.
  • Options
    Happened to me just now. Very frustrating
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    This has been flagged as a bug for further investigation. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Assume still not fixed as im now stuck with no ability icons round 6 on phoenix battle
  • EA_Tom
    30 posts EA Staff
    Options
    This post has been moved as part of the forum transition for bugs and issues. It can now be found, here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Abilities-icons-disappearing-unable-to-finish-battle-even-on/m-p/6352875/

Feel free to continue the discussion on Answers HQ.
    EA_Tom
    Forum Administrator