Are credits too hard to get after the Keycard/challenge update?

Prev1
MegaRainbow
56 posts Member
edited February 2016
Guys we really need help on this, credits are too important and too hard to come by and with the recent "fix" to keycards they have become even harder to come by.

We as a community of players need to stand up and tell them how broken credits are and how it is now near impossible to level up new heroes. There is no way for anyone to bring up a new team if it takes OVER 3 MILLION CREDITS for one hero to level seventy then some for gear when at best we are making 24,200 for 24 energy which takes almost two and a half hours for that much energy to accumulate. They are forcing you to use crystals to make money to level your toons.

This isn't even about providing a fun game for people to play and spend a little cash on, THIS is an experiment to see how much money they can squeeze out of Star Wars fans. We are becoming a JOKE to CG games and we are just letting it happen.

Are credits too hard to get after the Keycard/challenge update? 111 votes

The changes are actually okay, I don't mind too much.
17% 19 votes
The changes are not okay, things need to go back the way they were with Keycard battles.
24% 27 votes
Things have never been okay credits have always been too hard to get there needs to be a better system in place.
58% 65 votes

Replies

• Options
    With the ghost change to the crystal credits so its insanely hard to pull 1.5 million... yes something is needed.
  • Options
    Haha @MegaRainbow, you're really going after the change! I replied to your other similar post.

BTW, I agree with you.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    They just replaced one useless feature with another...
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    They just replaced one useless feature with another...

Totally, but I did use the earlier event once in a while foregoing farming for the day when in a crunch. I voted for the 3rd option.
  • Options
    Between this and the changes to the GW to increase the difficulty of later tier fights, credits have dried up quite a bit. Would be nice to roll back some of those changes.
  • Options
    A challenge is good and separates hard core players from casual but the credit costs have gone out of control. It's barely tolerable now, I can only imagine what the cost to level a hero to level 80 will be. Cost at level 65+ is too much and the card challenges aren't even remotely worthwhile.

This plus the drop rates I've experienced on shards does feel like a cash grab.

Many of us have spent huge amounts of money on this game and deserve thanks for our support, not a stronger squeeze on the wallet.

Thanks for listening.
  • Options
    +1
    The changes made these events even more pointless than they were.

They should realise that the shortage of credits, along with the Low drop rate of gears, is stopping people from buying packs.
    What's the point of buying new characters if you won't have the credits AND it will take a week to collect the gear??
  • Demonsheart
    56 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    With the old event, I could gather quite a few credits. If you let your energy build to 110+ and use 2 of the 50 crystal energy refreshes, you could get 7 runs in the hour allotted for 700k credits.

Now, for that same 350 energy, you can get as little as 117.6 and as much as 352.8k -- an average of 235.2k.

I agree that's an awfully heavy handed nerf as we're now at really expensive levels and power upgrades.

As a footnote to the above, I like the change to the GW. I easily finish it every time now -- sometimes not changing out my team at all. I actually wondered if they didn't make it too easy.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Credits were always hard to get (and still are)
    Neither "event" system is/was worth the energy for the credits you get so realy its a mute point. Both systems were fails so it is what it is. Its always been more beneficial to farm gear/stars and gain your credits that way because u get all the other things along with the credits
  • Options
    I actually used the old keycard battles when I was in a pinch to level up a toon, the changes to the paltry amounts available now in the events are laughable.

Some people actually believe it's a dev typo and there was meant to be an extra zero on the end of both credit totals (from 6k to 60k and 8.4k to 84k base) but call me cynical, I think EA/CG is just trying to put the squeeze on and it's exactly where they intended it.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Personally I think they should just completely halve the credit cost of everything. Leave credit gain the way it is and we'll be golden.
  • Demonsheart
    56 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Neither "event" system is/was worth the energy for the credits you get so realy its a mute point. Both systems were fails so it is what it is. Its always been more beneficial to farm gear/stars and gain your credits that way because u get all the other things along with the credits

I don't consider being able to get 700k a day from the event making it hard to get credits and it was certainly worth the energy to me.

More beneficial to farm stars? Yes. But level 7 requires 1 million credits. So, that point doesn't make much sense as it rolls right back to the credit discussion.

btw, it's moot, not "mute".
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Abyss wrote: »

I don't consider being able to get 700k a day from the event making it hard to get credits and it was certainly worth the energy to me.

More beneficial to farm stars? Yes. But level 7 requires 1 million credits. So, that point doesn't make much sense as it rolls right back to the credit discussion.

btw, it's moot, not "mute".

Typo and yea i dont disagree except with the cheap couple refreshes i do i farm loads of extras along with close to a million creds per day. So while i fully agree there is a true credit shortage in this game, there are many ways to get plenty. Its all in our choices tho and we must live with them. We can buy extra credits anytike we want. If we choose not to, thats on us not the devs. Part if me thinks its funny that they made a bad system worse because it was never worth it to begin with in the grand scheme but part of me feels bad for those that used the system before and hoped for a better one but realistically the devs are not in business to make everything easy to get FTP. They are in business to make $. I think this event system better puts them in position (on paper) to make more $ because it raised the value on the credits they sell to us with crystals.

Either way, credits can flow from the heavens whenever we want them to. Its our decision to make to get then or not. We make the decision then need to live with it.
  • Options
    Top credit rewards on PvE at level 7 is only 860 and 1440 for normal and hard respectively at 10 and 20 energy per, with hard nodes maxxed at 3 tries, so you aren't going to get anything like what you need from farming gear nodes.

Cantina is slightly better at 5k max but the energy refill costs scale faster and if you don't need shards on level 6, you're earning far less.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Always broke after the last update, ea needs to fix this asap
  • Fettfrenzy
    52 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It isn't that hard to get credits never got to Keycards and Keycard Battles anyway. Just got credit collector achievement on my iPhone and and almost done 1k on my iPad Almost never use credit event except for the Daily Goals
  • Options
    +1
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    It was a problem before level cap raise for many, and now it's worse
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Credit flow is fine.
  • Options
    It's fine. if you pick your top team and focus on them instead of leveling the next cool guy from 1 to 64 you'll save up more credits than you know what to do with just by winning GW everyday.

As an example of what not to do, I unlocked yoda the other day and immediately trained him from 1 to 64. I'm fine on credits right now but I've burned through all my training droids to the point where I can't train my dark side characters enough to get three stars on the last dark side match on level 6.

By the time you get to level 60, you should know what your best team is. Focus on building them up and not the new guys and you'll never run out of credits. Just cause you just unlocked leia or yoda or whoever doesn't mean they deserve an immediate spot on your team..
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    It's fine. if you pick your top team and focus on them instead of leveling the next cool guy from 1 to 64 you'll save up more credits than you know what to do with just by winning GW everyday.

As an example of what not to do, I unlocked yoda the other day and immediately trained him from 1 to 64. I'm fine on credits right now but I've burned through all my training droids to the point where I can't train my dark side characters enough to get three stars on the last dark side match on level 6.

By the time you get to level 60, you should know what your best team is. Focus on building them up and not the new guys and you'll never run out of credits. Just cause you just unlocked leia or yoda or whoever doesn't mean they deserve an immediate spot on your team..

No they don't need an immediate spot, but at lvl70 any toon below lvl 60 is connon fodder, and waiting 2-3 month to get around to a toon you like to try out, becourse you don't have the credits, is a joke, and the 1/2 mill you can get from GW(if you are able to beat it, many aren't), are just a hand out at level 70
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Disregard the last two posts, it's not fine. We just aren't feeling the burn yet but we will with the next cap increase. The devs went overboard with the the key card payouts and they know it. They're keeping it the same to 1. See the community reaction and 2. See if they can get people to but credits with crystals. As for me, I think the devs are still fine tuning the credit economy and I plan on saving up credits from now until they fix it a little bit in 2 months from now. It probably sounded like a good idea to them in the boardroom to change this but even they have to realize that 8.4k base for 24 energy is a joke. All we can do is say how unhappy we are and wait until something more reasonable comes along. If they don't even make the exchange rate 1 energy = 1k then it's not worth it imo
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »

No they don't need an immediate spot, but at lvl70 any toon below lvl 60 is connon fodder, and waiting 2-3 month to get around to a toon you like to try out, becourse you don't have the credits, is a joke, and the 1/2 mill you can get from GW(if you are able to beat it, many aren't), are just a hand out at level 70

By the time you get to level 70 you should know what team works for you so your primary focus should be on keeping them maxed out. Sure, I'd love to send out an all rebel team with ackbar as the leader to counter all the dooku/Sid teams you see everywhere but I recognize that doing so while still maintaining a viable team in arena and gw takes a lot of strategy and that I need to plan things out to work towards that goal.

If you want to try out that new character do it in the challenges or cantina battles. Besides, the biggest thing that will make or break or characters is gear. The only thing that leveling system up gives you is that it allows you to max out your gear.

Patience is a virtue.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I've played numerous mobile games. One theme I've regularly noticed throughout them is that there is always a shortage of two things: premium currency (crystals) and another form of in game currency.

The premium currency is obvious simply because they want you to spend real money for more to access exclusive content or speed up game play. The one form of in game currency is a means of keeping players in check and squeezing an extra few bucks out of people who are truly desperate to proceed.

The thing I don't understand about this game is it is stingy on literally every single form of currency in the game.

- Energy: 1 per 6 min
    - Cantina Energy: 1 per 12 min
    - Credits: Awful income vs ridiculous costs to level
    - Crystals: Atrocious ROI, chromium is a scam
    - Ability Mats: very limited supply of mk3

Seriously....why the pinch on all of this? It's extremely disheartening and leaves no wonder why more and more people become disillusioned and leave.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Telaan is right. It is unfortunate but true. They've shown signs of improving in some areas (free energy 3x per day, though there's an ulterior motive there) and gotten worse in others (the new events, which are godawful).
    I think the supply of free credits in general is not bad in the game, at least for people who can get through GW. The new events are drastically worse than the old ones, when we were promised improvement. CG has been dead silent on the reasons for this, which suggests that it was deliberate, and designed to get us to spend crystals on credit packs. I find this highly disappointing, even though I never bought those packs before, never used keycard battles, and certainly will use neither now.
    CG really needs to work on increasing goodwill through greater generosity, because it is not only upsetting players, it is going to cost them a lot of money in the long run. Many of us have provided this feedback, publicly and privately, and it has so far been roundly ignored. So they clearly feel what they are doing is the right approach. As always, our choices are to put up with it or leave.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    @Telaan is right. It is unfortunate but true. They've shown signs of improving in some areas (free energy 3x per day, though there's an ulterior motive there) and gotten worse in others (the new events, which are godawful).
    What is your guess about this?
    I think the supply of free credits in general is not bad in the game, at least for people who can get through GW. The new events are drastically worse than the old ones, when we were promised improvement. CG has been dead silent on the reasons for this, which suggests that it was deliberate, and designed to get us to spend crystals on credit packs. I find this highly disappointing, even though I never bought those packs before, never used keycard battles, and certainly will use neither now.
    CG really needs to work on increasing goodwill through greater generosity, because it is not only upsetting players, it is going to cost them a lot of money in the long run.

The main problem is the catch 22 with GW. If you can't beat it, you need to upgrade your bench leveling toons. But to level toons, you need credits. And the source of credits is beating GW. Which brings us to the starting point of this circular reasoning

We get, if we do 1 cantina refill per day and 1 regular energy per day, and beat all challenges and GW daily, roughly 4.5 millions per week. But 3.1 of those 4.5 millions come from GW, and the prizes there are heavily backloaded (so completing the first half gives you much less than half the prize).
    4.5 millions per week is enough to level a char from 1 to 70 and promote him from 4* to 7*, roughly. I guess that's their goal. Problem is, if you don't beat GW, that's heavily screwed.
  • Options
    Credits are for me were fine once I hit 70 and didn't need to spend on leveling. However it was a budget crunch to get to 70.

The current event nerf is trash at best.
  • Options
    Bronzium credit rewards should be increased from 300 500 1000 to 1000 3000 5000.

Credit events should be viable. At the moment they are a waste of energy.

Hopefully, they will make a Scoundrel event which nets you large sums of credits.
    I hope.

My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    It's fine. if you pick your top team and focus on them instead of leveling the next cool guy from 1 to 64 you'll save up more credits than you know what to do with just by winning GW everyday. .

I have a fully capped team, but who wants to be stuck playing the same thing all the time. It's fun to try different combos -- especially in PvP. It's tough enough getting everything else -- seems silly that credits are the bottleneck versus gear or shards.

Again, I have a team that does well. But, if I just have to keep doing the same things over and over and don't get to explore alternatives, this game will get old very, very fast.