Guild Wars is broken

I get competition, I am all for it, and no, GW should not be easy, but it's not meant to be a demoralizing slaughter at node 12. I think I have won a node 12, once in 3 weeks. I am not f2p, probably above dolphin but less than a whale. But at times it's soul crushing.

Not easy, competitive, at least give me an opportunity to win.

Here is my team:
https://swgoh.gg/u/nhlpreds98/

This was today's node 12:
https://swgoh.gg/u/dad2my3/
Oh and his Luke is now gear 12 a!so.

Replies

• Options
    Lol
  • Options
    Hell I constantly run into Zeta Maul and Savage teams on node 6. I havent finished a GW in well over 5 months, as buy the time I hit the insane teams on node 11, all my good squads are gone lol
  • Options
    I'm stuck on node 11 with tough enemy squads, rough.
    I am the Reaper
  • Options
    Guild wars eh
  • Options
    lot of things are broken here these days...
  • Options
    It has been unusually difficult since Commander Luke came out. I used to do it every day but I haven't bothered in a few weeks. You are not alone in what you experience.
    I 'd love to be a Jedi... But I sure as hell would use the dark side too...
  • Options
    i face like 5 maxed out CLS teams every day... it's a joke now. i struggle and i have a fairly deep roster...
  • Options
    With CLS i broke n1, with g12 idk what expect..haven't sat down to try
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Is there a reason you weren't just running Resistance?
  • Options
    Do the things we always tell you: tm load multiple teams, build good teams, retry multiple times and change the targeting and ability combinations. GW isn't that tough.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Moved to Feedback/GW.

For the difficulty, it's WAI. Node 12 is meant to be 115% of your top 5 toons' aggregate power. And as it's using squads built by players, they're a good squad with synergy, working well together (which your top 5 might not be).
    So, you have to resort to several squads, built-up TM, suicide/killer squads, etc, like the above posters wrote.

ÉDIT: or Resistance. Rarely need more than a good Resistance squad.
  • Options
    I got 1 round out of resistance and was down to 2 left. Tried several different teams, never even got GK out of protection. Again, don't want easy. Perhaps instead of taking the cumulative, there are 125 toons give or take, so instead of the top 5, maybe the top 25 or 50. Comparing myself to someone so high on the scale is not a bench mark. Someone with similar skill set and most definitely higher, but not that far ahead.
  • Options
    I get CLS teams after node 9 generally.
  • Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Moved to Feedback/GW.

For the difficulty, it's WAI. Node 12 is meant to be 115% of your top 5 toons' aggregate power. And as it's using squads built by players, they're a good squad with synergy, working well together (which your top 5 might not be).
    So, you have to resort to several squads, built-up TM, suicide/killer squads, etc, like the above posters wrote.

ÉDIT: or Resistance. Rarely need more than a good Resistance squad.

Thanks for moving discussion to correct location. Node 12 should be harder, 115% harder is fine, but if you took top 25 or 50 toons for aggregate power, might be a bit less frustrating.
  • Options
    I get a version of that team in 6, 9 and 11 (broken 12th) its not a big deal since i know what I'm doing
  • Options
    I call it guild war too, lol.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nhlpreds98 wrote: »
    I got 1 round out of resistance and was down to 2 left. Tried several different teams, never even got GK out of protection. Again, don't want easy. Perhaps instead of taking the cumulative, there are 125 toons give or take, so instead of the top 5, maybe the top 25 or 50. Comparing myself to someone so high on the scale is not a bench mark. Someone with similar skill set and most definitely higher, but not that far ahead.

You can always retreat and go back in to try different things to see if you get more exposes to land. My Resistance only has Finn and R2 at g10, the rest are g8. I get node 12 teams with CLS, GK, Thrawn, R2 all the time, with gold gear now starting to show up. I have no problem taking these teams down without them taking a turn.
  • Options
    You know, I feel like they could solve a lot of these complaints with GW just by letting Nihilus keep his cooldown on Annihilate ready to go (do not reset it after every GW Battle). My Nihilius is hot garbage, but if I could put him on a team just for the sake of building his Annihilate and then hitting Node 12 and shoving Baze's fat butt into a coffin (or GK, or Zariss, or CLS or DN, or Thrawn, whoever gives you the worst fits), I'd do that and never complain about GW again.