Why 12h is better per phase in TB

Prev1
This is the opposite of the other thread. I don't want it to appear as if everyone is for 24h TBs. I don't know if this will get any support, and the decision is CGs anyway.

I don't want 24h TBs, that's going to be every day but one and is going to become more and more boring for me and I will end up just doing the minimum. I want a 3 day event, not a 6 day one. The first two events are simpler and if some people don't do them, it's OK, it's not the end of the world, every event doesn't need every member participating at 100% and to be 3 starred. If you want to organize one event a month as special and gone at 100% by everyone, that's great, that's on you, don't expect everyone to work 24 every day, that's not fun anymore, that's a job. Keep the TBs as a weekend treat, not a weekday chore.

Will this be hard on the players in other time zones on Friday? Yes, but those first two are intentionally less taxing for just this reason.

My 2c.

Replies

• Options
    I actually support the notion of it being 12 hours as well. I understand people are busy, I am busy too. In fact, I work a schedule that's completely opposite of the Time Zone that my game is set for ( I typically miss all the energy refreshes, shop refreshes, etc), so I know how it is to be at a disadvantage due to your schedule.

It just seems like 12 hours is a long time to have to run a few battles and assign a few characters. I'm sure there have been many valid arguments in place for why 12 hours isn't enough, but the one thing about TB that I'm not enjoying is that in its current state it isn't really adding much to the game. 24 Hour Phases are about 10 minutes of excitement, and then 23 hours, 50 minutes of just waiting to do it again. I'd rather just progress and get moving as this game is already a slow enough grind as it is.

• Options
    Me what I'm noticing is that in 24 the excitement dwindles down A LOT as in people are saying we have 24 hour so they take there sweet sweet time to do there _____ I prefer 12 hour periods that make us connecte for 20 minutes but make it exciting to see how fast we can get it done. Also I prefer to do this in the weekend and not for the full week because it gives you a sense of excitement not a sense of oh this again. I also agree with @NightfallsCurse
  • Options
    I think CG said it will go to 12s once everyone has a grasp of the mechanics. Hopefully players aren't slow to comprehend TB. So long as there's a TB launch once a week, the length of phases doesn't matter to me.
  • Options
    Most of my guild is in the UK. I'm in California. I'll make it work.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yea i get 12hr phases on weekends... that what the plan is anyway.

Im just saying these 24hr phases are nice, for far more reasons than 12 and since its 1 TB per week both 12 or 24 ways... the 24 accomadates far more players than 12hr phases.

So my vote is 24 but im down with the 12hr original plan.
  • Options
    If I didn't have to sleep, or work, or have a family, and if all 50 people in the guild were in the same time zone then it would be easy.

We just barely made the last star in 15 hours today. Not because of coordination issues, but because people have lives. I'd rather have rewards in 3 days instead of 6. But I don't know how we pull that off consistently.
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »

Im just saying these 24hr phases are nice, for far more reasons than 12 and since its 1 TB per week both 12 or 24 ways... the 24 accomadates far more players than 12hr phases.

Oh, so it's only one TB per week regardless of Phase length? That actually changes my opinion a little. If it's going to be just one TB per week, then there's no reason the thing shouldn't just take the entire week. Early on that'll give us more time to max out required characters and so on, so yeah, if there's just going to be one per week regardless, then they may as well just take the entire week.
  • Options
    People crack me up I have four young children and a single parent go to school full time and have a girlfriend and I still have no problem finding plenty of time to play the game
  • Options
    Not sure if it's possible but making it an option to choose twelve or twenty-four hours would have been great
  • Options
    People crack me up I have four young children and a single parent go to school full time and have a girlfriend and I still have no problem finding plenty of time to play the game

People crack me up too. They go to the forums to spend time complaining about not having time to play the game.

• Options
    Let's face it. The ONLY reason that it takes a long time (and by that I mean about 30 minutes a phase) at the moment is because no matter how many tutorials you've watched, no one really knows exactly what they are doing.

Once we had this first one all the way through and then maybe a couple of others, this will be a breeze to complete the bits your guild can complete. So 12hr phases over 3 days for a weekend will be great.

This new content is fabulous, and as someone further up said should be a weekend treat for everyone.
  • Options
    We have lots of people in our guild who play, essentially, once a day. That means half of the 12-hour phases would be without them. We aren't some power guild who can do without them, and we aren't the kind of people who would want to force people to fit their life around the game, rather than the game around their life.

If I wanted the former, I'd get back into WoW.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm all for 12h phases to. I thought time would be an issue, as we're an international guild, but it's not. Now TB just feels slow and boring, were it could be fast and exciting.
  • Options
    12 hours please
  • Options
    A week phase plz . And cookies
  • Options
    Chameau wrote: »
    A week phase plz . And cookies

The only sensible post in this thread.
  • Options
    Simple solution, let the guild leader activate a 24hr TB or 12hr TB. Just as they would 5, 6 or 7* Heroic!?!
  • Options
    I'm just happy the timing is not like the flash events.
  • Options
    You want 12h because you have no life, simple like that. Who works, raise a family, goes to graduation, MBA, etc... has more important things to do than be on a game checking who deployed where and so on.
  • Options
    It's called multitasking it's not like everyone else in the world isn't constantly also on there phone
  • Options
    It all depends how frequent TB will be. If it's every week I support the 12 hour duration. If it's every two weeks or more I support the 24 hour duration per phase.
  • Options
    i vote 24hr. more participation for international guilds and we can spread out the activity in a week.
  • Options
    It's called multitasking it's not like everyone else in the world isn't constantly also on there phone

As a dad of 3 myself with the oldest being 16 now - if you have 4 little ones and you're constantly on the phone you should look to change that behavior, especially if a mobile game is causing some of that time on the phone - cause they grow up super dang quick and you don't want any regrets that you can't take back...especially if in any way you can say some of it had to do with picking a mobile game instead. And yes....not spending time can be a regret because I have that due to time I had to spend in school and studying when they were young - especially my 13 YO son. When this game shuts down and the kids are about to leave the house for good as they grow up - I imagine you'll wonder why you wanted 12 hour windows instead of 24.
  • Options
    24hs during the week, 12hs on weekends.
    Although, since there are 6 phases and 5 days on monday through friday, you could probably jam phases 1 and 2 in the first 24hs.
    I just hope it doesn't stay 24hs only, I want my hermit Yoda as fast as I can.
  • Options
    What's the point of 12h since we ended up one TB per week anyway?
  • Options
    niko2018 wrote: »
    What's the point of 12h since we ended up one TB per week anyway?

So then people can ask for two a week. Not enough to keep them engaged, you know the usual from the elite.
    Then they will start to cry about finishing everything and the game is boring, stale etc and that new content is needed.

If a 24hr cycle will bore you, put the game down for a little while, and enjoy the other aspects of your life for a bit. Jeez, it's not hard.
  • Options
    12hr is not enough time for my guild. Everyone has different schedules & lives. 24hrs gives us all plenty of time to enter the game of our own accord without feeling like we're rushed or letting our guildmates down on a weekly basis because we missed a phase of the TB. Keep the 24hrs. It also gives us a reason to constantly check the game throughout the week to see how we're doing
  • Options
    Agree 12 hours would be better. People can do everything in 10-15 mins.
  • Options
    I don't want 24h TBs, that's going to be every day but one and is going to become more and more boring for me and I will end up just doing the minimum. I want a 3 day event, not a 6 day one. The first two events are simpler and if some people don't do them, it's OK, it's not the end of the world, every event doesn't need every member participating at 100% and to be 3 starred. If you want to organize one event a month as special and gone at 100% by everyone, that's great, that's on you, don't expect everyone to work 24 every day, that's not fun anymore, that's a job. Keep the TBs as a weekend treat, not a weekday chore.

Will this be hard on the players in other time zones on Friday? Yes, but those first two are intentionally less taxing for just this reason.

My 2c.
    Okay. But... if they're weekly at 24-hour, why not take your own advice? It's okay to not complete it, not every event has to be 100% completion and all that?
    24 Hour Phases are about 10 minutes of excitement, and then 23 hours, 50 minutes of just waiting to do it again.
    That's one way of looking at it. The other way of looking at it is that 24 hour phases are about 10 minutes of excitement (1 hour of Galactic War, Arena, Challenges, and farming), and 22 hours and 50 minutes of living a life outside the game. Sure, for me at least, that "life outside the game" often means playing Overwatch or watching something on TV, and once a week doing bar trivia--but I'd much rather be doing that than telling folks to hang on because I've got to put my Lobot in a platoon right now so someone in Finland can wake up in the middle of the night to do their combat mission.

Loose_Lee wrote: »

Oh, so it's only one TB per week regardless of Phase length? That actually changes my opinion a little. If it's going to be just one TB per week, then there's no reason the thing shouldn't just take the entire week. Early on that'll give us more time to max out required characters and so on, so yeah, if there's just going to be one per week regardless, then they may as well just take the entire week.
    Oh, cool, this was the next point I was going to make anyway :P Yeah. I mean, if it's one TB per week, then just make that one TB as stress-free as possible.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.