Need help for Jedi team (yes, i know)

Prev1
Ryanphoenix
39 posts Member
edited September 2017
Hey,

i started in July and have been using Phoenix Squad which i really like and still use because it is awesome for LS/Cantina/GW. But since they are all (except Sabine) 7* G8, i started to make my mind on who to push next for my main Team. Since Phoenix was nice to start, but won't be my main team. I only wanna do Palp and Thrawn event with them actually.

So, since i always was a fan of the Jedi (who wasn't) i like to do a Team with them and its wonderful to know my favorite one QGJ is actually a good one. But who else? Since GK is way out of my league right now, my plan is like this:

QGJ as leader,
GM Yoda (only 6* cause my Team wasnt all 7* last time the event came),
Old Ben (as long as GK is out of reach),
Ezra and
Lumi/Bariss

Maybe i can get R2 next time he comes around and can work him in for Yoda.

I know i will never be top in Arena with this, but <200 is enough for me right now. But it should at least be viable for GW and Cantina/LS Matches. So, any advice? Is this totally wrong? I just don't want to play Rebel like everyone does.

my Profile is https://swgoh.gg/u/ryanphoenix/collection/

maybe you can help me out with this.

Oh and btw, do you think i can do EP and Thrawn event with my Phoenix team? I read that Thrawn is quite tough, yo maybe need g9?

Replies

• Options
    Best Jedi team with what you have;
    Qui gon lead
    Yoda
    Ezra
    Kanan
    Aayla (you want to gear her)
    Best jedi team to go for:
    Qui gon lead
    Hermit Yoda
    Ezra
    Gen Ken
    R2
    And for Phoenix gear 8 with good mods is usually the minimum, but if you can get Ezra to 9+ that'll help
  • Options
    Long term, a good Jedi team that still does well on offense on arena is qgj lead (zeta), bariss with a zeta, Anakin, Ezra, and gk. As you stated, go is far off right now, so til then, you can try to work on aayla or grand Master Yoda for now.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Ryanphoenix
    39 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I don't think Hoda is in my reach, same with GK. So are Barriss and Old Ben viable alternatives? Right now im working on OB, cause i think he is a better tank than Kanan, outside of Phoenix squad. is Aayla better than anything else in my reach? JKA or Barriss are farmable.

What i mean is, with what i have Phoenix is still best, but i want to build a Jedi team for the future, just not with GK or Hermit or anything else i can't reach.
  • Options
    I don't think Hoda is in my reach, same with GK. So are Barriss and Old Ben viable alternatives? Right now im working on OB, cause i think he is a better tank than Kanan, outside of Phoenix squad. is Aayla better than anything else in my reach? JKA or Barriss are farmable.
    No Hermit is fine I guess, and you'll get Gen Ken in time enough. Barriss really only works with her zeta, and Ben could work. And Aayla is better than Anakin, calling assists, stunning on crits, and counters
  • Options
    Ok, guess i will work on QGJ, Ezra, Ben, Yoda and Aayla then. Maybe, when i can get Zeta, i watch out for Barriss. And who knows, maybe some day i can get GK.
  • Options
    Ok, guess i will work on QGJ, Ezra, Ben, Yoda and Aayla then. Maybe, when i can get Zeta, i watch out for Barriss. And who knows, maybe some day i can get GK.

That sounds like a solid plan
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Options
    Quit your current guild and join an HAAT guild. It's the only way to run a top 20 viable jedi squad.

Reason for this is GK. You need him as Jedi aren't the best on defense, and lack damage. Your best bet is either:

zQGJ, GK, zYoda, zzR2 and JKA

Or

GK, zBarriss, zzR2, zzCLS and Raid Han/Thrawn/Jedi Ahsoka

You have to have a tanky, crit eating squad or a super speedy, DPS squad. They are the only things that hold on defense in todays meta.
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Quit your current guild and join an HAAT guild. It's the only way to run a top 20 viable jedi squad.

Reason for this is GK. You need him as Jedi aren't the best on defense, and lack damage. Your best bet is either:

zQGJ, GK, zYoda, zzR2 and JKA

Or

GK, zBarriss, zzR2, zzCLS and Raid Han/Thrawn/Jedi Ahsoka

You have to have a tanky, crit eating squad or a super speedy, DPS squad. They are the only things that hold on defense in todays meta.

Thank you, but as i said, i don't need to be top 20 in Arena, i am fine with Top 200 to always get 800 token a day. I just like Jedi and don't want to use the rebel wiggs, chaze meta, everyone else has. And since "bad boys" are not my style, sith and/or empire are out too.

I don't think any hAAT Guild will take me, since i can't really help them with it. But i will consider this later, once i reach 80+ or even 85.
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    And Aayla is better than Anakin, calling assists, stunning on crits, and counters

If OP is on a newer shard I'd really recommend JKA over Aayla. I've been playing like 3-4 months so I'm on a pretty new shard and almost every team I fight in the arena has Chaze in it and/or is Wedge lead(either Wiggs/Chaze/+1 or Wiggs/Lando/STH/Boba type teams). JKA has been invaluable for me thanks to his buff/healing immunity debuffs. Its helpful when STH wastes his taunt because he has buff immunity, Chaze don't heal ridiculous amounts off counters, Lando doesn't full heal every time he AOEs, etc. Sure Anakin doesn't counter or call assists but he still gets extra attacks and damage with his unique and can hand out offense up with his special, both of which will bring more damage to your squad.
  • Options
    I do run Jedi and finish 1st daily. GK is a must, go do your best to find a guild that will take you and start working on him.
    zQGJ, GK, Ezra, JKA, zzR2D2 is the BEST Jedi squad. However CLS due to his overwhelming power is a better play than JKA if you don't mind running a mixed squad. (Though CLS has a lightsaber so still looks like one.)
  • Options
    And Aayla is better than Anakin, calling assists, stunning on crits, and counters

If OP is on a newer shard I'd really recommend JKA over Aayla. I've been playing like 3-4 months so I'm on a pretty new shard and almost every team I fight in the arena has Chaze in it and/or is Wedge lead(either Wiggs/Chaze/+1 or Wiggs/Lando/STH/Boba type teams). JKA has been invaluable for me thanks to his buff/healing immunity debuffs. Its helpful when STH wastes his taunt because he has buff immunity, Chaze don't heal ridiculous amounts off counters, Lando doesn't full heal every time he AOEs, etc. Sure Anakin doesn't counter or call assists but he still gets extra attacks and damage with his unique and can hand out offense up with his special, both of which will bring more damage to your squad.

Yes, those Squads sound very familiar to me, together with a few REX lead Teams with ridicolously high level and gear (im 73 and those are 80+ and g10+). But i also read, because of all the counter guys JKAs AOE Attack is quite risky and kills him right away.

Other than that, i can farm JKA too, if you all think he is superior to aayla.

@Drazz127
    Yes, that Squad sounds good (with r2 it is already mixed and no pure jedi, so CLS is not that problem, i guess ;)) aside from GK this is what i am planning. i know Ben is no GK but i hope he can be a good alternative until i have him.
  • Options
    Thank you, but as i said, i don't need to be top 20 in Arena, i am fine with Top 200 to always get 800 token a day. I just like Jedi and don't want to use the rebel wiggs, chaze meta, everyone else has. And since "bad boys" are not my style, sith and/or empire are out too.
    You could always go Resistance, best offensive team, best team for GW, can potentially solo P4 of the tank, only needs 1 zeta (with options for more), and with ep8 soon are only going to get better. But they do fall on defense due to the ai
    Aayla is easier to farm with an earlie node, easier to gear (excluding gold pieces), they can't taunt, or AoE if they're stunned, adds damage by calling in assists, and if they're Jedi they'll do 50% more damage, and as for stuff like Chaze there's always Qui-Gon's and Ezra's dispels, Qui-Gon's turn meter removal, or just simply out damage the healing
  • Options
    Yea, i just saw Aayla is a lot easier, i thought i already had a Cantina farm for JKA, but that was IGD. I think i will push Aayla for now and use JKA Hard Nodes while doing that.

About Resistance, since i need them anyway at some point for Speed Mods, they are on my todo list too, they dont have many toons, so i can't use only "named" Guys. not yet at least, because i think, with Ep8, they will give us more, like GM Luke or Jedi Rey. Right now though, i dont have any Resistance character leveled or on higher star levels, so it would take a lot more time to get them ready than my Jedi.
  • Options
    Also, i have another question about guilds. ist it possible or advisable to open my own guild just to do the lower rank raids? because the gear i need are in the lower ranks right now, but my guild does only hRancor raids, which is ok, i can throw some toons in, but i cant really do anything other than die and get some stuff out of my (very low) rank that i dont need (yet). so is it a way, to create my own and use lower raids? until i can participate on higher ones? or does it take too long to farm enough tokens to start a raid alone?
  • Options
    Also, i have another question about guilds. ist it possible or advisable to open my own guild just to do the lower rank raids? because the gear i need are in the lower ranks right now, but my guild does only hRancor raids, which is ok

Lower level gear can be obtained pretty reasonably from spending energy, at least much easier than trying to farm 50 Stun Cuffs or Stun Guns or the worst, most infuriating thing to farm with energy, gold gear because of the hideous drop rates. Getting raid gear off Rancor raids is a much better investment in the long run since you can't get those by farming. It's either Rancor or 1400 crystals, or slow farm from fleet shop or shard shop.

• Options
    You could always go Resistance, best offensive team, best team for GW, can potentially solo P4 of the tank, only needs 1 zeta (with options for more), and with ep8 soon are only going to get better. But they do fall on defense due to the ai
    Aayla is easier to farm with an earlie node, easier to gear (excluding gold pieces), they can't taunt, or AoE if they're stunned, adds damage by calling in assists, and if they're Jedi they'll do 50% more damage, and as for stuff like Chaze there's always Qui-Gon's and Ezra's dispels, Qui-Gon's turn meter removal, or just simply out damage the healing

Both are good but they're also very situational.
    Aayla isn't much reliable as a dps since her assist chances are quite low, triple assist when called by Ezra is definitely something you want to happen though. Her stun is a great asset but only upon critical and she also has low potency.

Jka buff and healing immunity can be incredibly handy against some teams/characters, and he can buff your entire team on offense especially when there's nothing to dispell with Qgj. It's not much reliable either tbh.

Both are tanky enough but if you can bring in R2 and mod your Aayla to make him use smokescreen on her, both are nice. She'll tank, stun and call assists and also make Jka really powerful when half life and/or dead.

Anyway i wouldn't play Jedi without Qgj own zeta. Jedi are quite terrible otherwise.
  • Options
    i know and i will zeta him once i can, but until then, i have to push them anyway. and JKA is right now a pain to farm, at least until i can open his Cantina Node, and even then it is slow, cause 16 energy.

About the Raids, i am G8 now and the gear to get to G9 is starting to get really slow, because you need 50 of them and droprates are mostly bad. in fact, i get more purple stuff when trying to get blue and vice versa.

so my thought was to get g9(maybe g10?) gear, it would be faster to create my own guild and do lower Tier raids, because my guild doesnt do them. but i don't know if thats even possible.
  • Options
    Yes, those Squads sound very familiar to me, together with a few REX lead Teams with ridicolously high level and gear (im 73 and those are 80+ and g10+). But i also read, because of all the counter guys JKAs AOE Attack is quite risky and kills him right away.

Mod him for crit chance and just be careful about when you use it. I get offense up on my party more often than JKA get expose.

I find his basic attack is more useful if his AOE is going to take Chirrut to less than 100% than and throw a taunt on Baze but not kill anyone. If Baze is already taunting and you have a tank taunting might as well let it rip...might kill a weaker enemy with it or throw offense up on your party. I have fights I don't use his AOE at all but he still hits hard and handing out healing/buff immunity is generally pretty awesome.
    so my thought was to get g9(maybe g10?) gear, it would be faster to create my own guild and do lower Tier raids, because my guild doesnt do them. but i don't know if thats even possible.

Just join a guild. The way raids work you need tickets to open them and each player can only add 600 tickets a day, so the more players you have contributing tickets and the more often you run raids the better off you are.
  • Options
    It really depends on your style of play. And where the team is going to be used.
    I think the default answer normally given in the forum is to use all of the special elite characters, make sure they are all Zeta, all 7 *, and gear 12.

I will say that Zeta Quigon (Borrowed) was how I was able to finish Light Side Hard battles 9B, 9C, 9D, and several cantina tab 8.

But if your Phoenix Squad are doing well as your current main team, I might have a few suggestions. (Unlike many on the forum, I think phoenix squad makes a pretty strong team)

• Options
    they are doing well, but won't be my main Team in the future, just want them to be high enough for palp and thrawn 7* then focus on a jedi team. Although right now my phoenix on level 70is with G8 is way stronger than any other g8 guys i have, probabaly because of mods and the very strong synergy.
  • Options
    So here's what I use in my Jedi team:
    Zeta Qui Gon
    Jedi Knight Anakin
    Ahsoka Tano
    Aayla Secura
    CLS/R2/Barriss
    With this, I've been able to breeze through Light Hard, Galactic War, and Territory Battles. Ahsoka Crits for 20k-30k depending on if she has offense up. Anakin hits for 20k, Barriss keeps the health up, CLS adds even more damage, and R2 adds survivability, like Barriss. Qui Gon dispels and hits for around 12k, while my Aayla with mods has around 87% potency. All around I definitely need General Kenobi for arena but this is a great line up for everything else outside of arena for now.
  • Options
    Up until I unlocked GK, my team was: zQGJ (L), zBarriss, zYoda, JKA and Ezra. Now that I unlocked GK, this is what it looks like: zQGJ (L), zYoda, Ezra, GK and Aayala.
    In the old Sith meta JKA was better cause he would stop the stealthing. Now, with CLS leads running rampant, I find Aayala a better choice, for 2 reasons: Stunning prevents assists from the other players; JKA AoE under the AI would probably do more harm than good in the long run, so I swapped him.
    I definetely dont win all my battles - specially now with GXII - but I manage to stay top 50 overnight, which is cool with me.
  • Options
    Up until I unlocked GK, my team was: zQGJ (L), zBarriss, zYoda, JKA and Ezra. Now that I unlocked GK, this is what it looks like: zQGJ (L), zYoda, Ezra, GK and Aayala.
    In the old Sith meta JKA was better cause he would stop the stealthing. Now, with CLS leads running rampant, I find Aayala a better choice, for 2 reasons: Stunning prevents assists from the other players; JKA AoE under the AI would probably do more harm than good in the long run, so I swapped him.
    I definetely dont win all my battles - specially now with GXII - but I manage to stay top 50 overnight, which is cool with me.

Yea sounds like my plan, only with old ben until i get GK. and maybe once i have R2 swap him in for yoda, we'll see. Thanks though for all the good help and comments!
  • Options
    I didn't read through the triple but I held great ranks in arena using this team.

zQGJ Lead
    Anakin
    GK (could be replaced with Old Ben)
    Ezra
    R2D2

The idea is to get everyone's speed as high as possible because under zQGJ lead, characters gain additional offence based on their speed. Because they get so much foresight they are great against any squad whether it be PVP or PVE.

Also leveling these toons would do great for when you eventually unlock Hermit Yoda.
  • Options
    If AOE is too risky to use these days due to CLS and Chaze, then what about:

zQGJ
    R2 (his AOE will normally be after his stealth)
    GK
    Ezra
    Ahsoka

Just spitballing ideas since I'm also planning a move to Jedi, and I don't have CLS to drop into the squad.
  • Options
    Gonna try Aayla instead of ahsoka.
  • Options
    Ahsoka has better synergy with GK in the long run. I'd skip Ayala, she will have a limited lifespan for your time investment

Stick to it, here's my top 20 ftp Jedi arena build

zQGJ
    zGMyoda
    zBarriss
    Ezra
    zOld Ben

If you're just starting and are short on zetas and are looking for easy farms:

zQGJ
    Ezra
    Jedi ahsoka
    Anakin
    Yoda/old ben/lumi/kanan

Just be aware that zmaul teams will always be near impossible.
  • Options
    my plan for now, until high level, was

QGJ lead, with zeta ASAP

GM Yoda, maybe another zeta as soon as i can

Ezra

Old Ben until GK

and for fifth spot options mentioned were aayla, ahsoka (which i both have and can push, ahsoka having a ship is a pro) Lumi which i almost have on 7* at least for next yoda event

Anakin is too hard right now to farm, i can do his nodes but it will be long time until he is high enough. Barris seems only to be viable with zeta, so thats a long way too.

As i said, its okay if i just stay in top200 arena, but can do other stuff like GW and LS/Cantina Battles.
  • Options
    my plan for now, until high level, was

QGJ lead, with zeta ASAP

GM Yoda, maybe another zeta as soon as i can

Ezra

Old Ben until GK

and for fifth spot options mentioned were aayla, ahsoka (which i both have and can push, ahsoka having a ship is a pro) Lumi which i almost have on 7* at least for next yoda event

Anakin is too hard right now to farm, i can do his nodes but it will be long time until he is high enough. Barris seems only to be viable with zeta, so thats a long way too.

As i said, its okay if i just stay in top200 arena, but can do other stuff like GW and LS/Cantina Battles.

Some things, then:
    1) Zeta for QGJ is your priority right now, Jedis reach a whole new level with his lead;
    2) GM Yoda: I held off getting his zeta, which was not a good idea, because of the CD reduction and because it applies Foresight even if you didnt have it before. Totally worth it;
    3) Ezra is probably the most consistent heavy hitter Jedis have, so yeah, go with him;
    4) Old Ben after his buff is tanky as heck and if I didnt have GK already, I would certainly invest on him. Good job;
    5) Aayala and Ahsoka are good choices, and both these toons I have maxed. However, I find Ashoka too squishy for my taste, and she doesnt really do anything besides hitting hard. Aayala, on the other hand, has a lot of possible interactions (coolest one being you use Ezra assist on her, then when she hits with her basic she has a chance to call an assister too, its glorious). I'd go with Aayala. Dont mess with Lumi, she is horrible;
    6) Yeah, Barriss is only good with her zeta, but her zeta rocks a lot. But you dont need healers in Arena, so keep that in mind. The best places for healers to help you are GW and now TB.

Hope it helps.