A Futile Plea

I realise that there is a -500% chance that the devs will actually listen to this, but I really feel the need to say it.

Please. Stop with the Rebels.

It's a sentiment that has been repeatedly, and I mean REPEATEDLY, echoed over the past few months, but it's really starting to get to me now as I look at my shard. Of the top 50 teams, 6 are DS.

Of 50.

Every day when I reach node 12 of GW, I come up against a Rebel or LS team. Every single day. Recently, they've started to get multiple G12 characters in the teams.

The meta of this game has been dominated for the majority of its existence by Rebels. From the days of Wiggs, to Chaze, to CLS. There have been very few times when Rebels were not viable to some capacity. We don't need any more of them. We don't need new Rebel characters, and we don't need reworks, and we certainly don't need different-era versions of characters we've already got.

What we need are for other teams to actually be viable for once. And I'm not just talking about DS teams. Clones, Night Sisters, Sith, Empire, Droids, Separatists. None of these teams have been the meta for a long time. They've all had incredibly up-hill battles just to stay in the top 100. And the one time one of them actually did get to be the meta (Sith), a character was created (R2) that countered them so completely and utterly that it almost instantly forced them from the meta.

And don't give me some useless excuse like when AhnaldT101 was told there is a secret Vader team that's almost unstoppable. Nobody believes that. People spend all day theory-crafting on this game, and none of them have found it? I wonder why... oh yeah, cause it's made-up.

I realise the pointlessness of me saying all this. After ROLO and Hoth Han, they'll release more Rebel characters who'll dominate the arena, and reach that 80% usage with CLS and R2.

I guess this is mostly just to vent frustrations. Oh well.

Replies

• Options
    Perhaps why Phasma is the toon of the month? OP dark side toon incoming?
  • Options
    CryGonJinn wrote: »

Remember. A Sith never comes alone.

In this game, it comes with a Rebel. Or two. Oh... F it! Make it three.
  • Options
    I agree with you, on everything.
  • Options
    Agree... I'm still defining my opinion on TB, but one thing is clear and sure: I'm very frustrated that I can't use my whole arena team and other of my strongest toons... dark side toons
  • Options
    Totally agree. My arena shard is very similar. A tidal wave of Rebels. It's really boring.
  • Options
    I love the Rebels so...I disagree
  • Options
    Agree
  • Options

Nah. We gotta use first order for starkiller rey
  • Options
    I agree with all of it
  • Options
    Globuhl wrote: »

Remember. A Sith never comes alone.

In this game, it comes with a Rebel. Or two. Oh... F it! Make it three.

"Hey guys, here's Gar Saxon. Oh and 6 more rebels" :smile:
  • Options
    It wasn't that long ago that Empire and Sith dominated the Arena; light side is just having their day again. And of the three available light side factions, Rebels are the most developed in canon so it makes sense that they're also the most well-represented in-game too.

And don't worry. Freemium games rely on an ever-changing meta in order to drive demand so it won't be long until a new faction rises to dominate the arena. And since we have Episode VIII coming out later this year, there's a really good chance that it will be either First Order or Resistance. Of those two options, I would put my money on First Order since they like to alternate between light and dark side metas.
  • Options
    It wasn't that long ago that Empire and Sith dominated the Arena; light side is just having their day again. And of the three available light side factions, Rebels are the most developed in canon so it makes sense that they're also the most well-represented in-game too.

And don't worry. Freemium games rely on an ever-changing meta in order to drive demand so it won't be long until a new faction rises to dominate the arena. And since we have Episode VIII coming out later this year, there's a really good chance that it will be either First Order or Resistance. Of those two options, I would put my money on First Order since they like to alternate between light and dark side metas.

But First Order isn't light side, so I'd say there's about a one in a million chance :)
  • Options
    I agree with you. Rebels have dominated unchecked for years, but whenever a powerful DS toon enters the arena, a carefully crafted Rebel counter is almost immediately released.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options

Sorry? When did Sith and or DS dominate in arena? zMaul had what, 2-3 months as a meta character. Far less than Rex or Chaze.
  • Options
    AlexTheG wrote: »

Sorry? When did Sith and or DS dominate in arena? zMaul had what, 2-3 months as a meta character. Far less than Rex or Chaze.

Yup, and a counter was released shortly thereafter.
  • Options

Not sure if Sith really count since everything needed to counter them was available, then R2 came along...
  • Options
    As if Zaul, palpatine, nihilus, savage, dooku etc.... never had their meta. It shifts all the time. This is a lightside territory battle. It's as if we are the rebels. Of course they would release rebels with it. As I'm very sure there will be a dark side territory battle coming too.
  • Options
    I think part of the reason is because DS toons are more popular. People were over the moon when they released Nihilus, but no one was calling for Hoth versions of Han and Leia. When DS toons are released, a majority of players make sure to farm and gear them, because they're fan favorites. TB was designed so that players would be forced to farm and gear toons they don't care about, which are mostly LS characters.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    I think part of the reason is because DS toons are more popular. People were over the moon when they released Nihilus, but no one was calling for Hoth versions of Han and Leia. When DS toons are released, a majority of players make sure to farm and gear them, because they're fan favorites. TB was designed so that players would be forced to farm and gear toons they don't care about, which are mostly LS characters.

I'm not trying to start anything, but why would they force us to farm(let's be honest, kinda useless) characters a handful of us would actually Want? I'm a little confused
  • Options
    Works for me. I'm an **** lucky enough that I don't have anything interesting left to farm in the cantina, the arena and the GW stores so here I am now, farming Pao, Bodhi Rook and Ugnaught... Thankfully they'll stay at 1*, I don't want to spend more than credits over these guys.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hmm zaul and palp meta vs lando, poe, sthan, rey, old ben, qgj, anakin, barriss, r2d2, CLS, raid han, Leia (2 metas, biggs/wiggs, baze chirrut, GK, rex with clones, do i need to go on? For the past 2 or 3 yrs it's been 75% LS and 25% DS. Back in the time where Lumi was a thing.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    More Rebels, please.
  • Options
    I'd just like to say, if they do make it a First Order-based meta with TLJ, I'd not only be okay with it, I'd be overjoyed. First Order is already one of the most entertaining factions in the game (even when it's a against me, I can admit that an auto leading to 4 follow-up autos is just funny).

However, I'd also quite like for us to get some of the Troopers from Hoth TB to use. They seem like, with a few tweaks, they could genuinely be a good way to give Empire teams a fighting chance against Rebels.
  • Options
    Star Wars is about the rebels rising up against the galactic empire, so why wouldn't the rebels be the best characters in the game. Pretty much every story in the anthology except arguably the prequels is about the rebels
  • Options
    RIGHT??? it's such an established and verifiable bias it's incredible that people pretend it doesn't exist. Like Rebels all ya want if ya do but a spade is a spade man. They for the sake of their addiction, can't admit their addiction. (Rebel fans) There is no objectivity from that fan base that I've ever seen.
  • Options
    klarkent wrote: »
    Star Wars is about the rebels rising up against the galactic empire, so why wouldn't the rebels be the best characters in the game. Pretty much every story in the anthology except arguably the prequels is about the rebels

Did you see episode 7? They didn't stay on top for very long LOL
  • Options
    Check_It wrote: »
    As if Zaul, palpatine, nihilus, savage, dooku etc.... never had their meta. It shifts all the time. This is a lightside territory battle. It's as if we are the rebels. Of course they would release rebels with it. As I'm very sure there will be a dark side territory battle coming too.

DS meta never lives for long. 1 month...max 3, but mostly one. Then they release a counter LS (mostly rebels) and back to 3-4-5 months of rebels again. Sith pass was ok...but finally only DN is viable, and more viable in a LS team. Empire pass was weak and useless, they aren't good in raid or arena....without forgetting that you get more rebels during empire pass....

DS are debuff dependant, you have a new mass cleaner every update....or immun debuff (FAT) auto cleaner (r2, bariss) or self-clean with 100 tm (cls) and buff that immune your team of any debuff (tenacity up). Can you put a tenacity down on someone with tenacity up...no, can you do the opposite...yes. Can you resist debuff while suffering a tenacity down...sure, can you apply a debuff on a buffed tenacity up guy....nope.

Now, let's take about dps. A good CB from vader can hit for 60-70k with what...6-8 debuff...that's very nasty no? Now compare it to chirrut, if all your team have what 3 maybe 4 buffs...the blind guy will it you for 70-80 (i've witness a 96k in arena) that guy hit harder then vader or boba while having a more easy setup requirement.

Let's take a look on health, sith (DN excepted) have very low health, same goes for empire. Some rebels have low health (wedge/lea/han) but other are clearly over the gap (r2/fat/cls).

And finally speed, all DS are for the most a way slower then LS toons, and have less way to gain TM. And now...have less way to remove tm.

• Options
    Soldier76 wrote: »

I'm not trying to start anything, but why would they force us to farm(let's be honest, kinda useless) characters a handful of us would actually Want? I'm a little confused

$$$. The Hoth Bros were useless before TB. How much money do you think EA has made off the packs they've been selling? They have data on what toons are being used the most. Imagine if a guild can't finish their platoons because no one has CUP. Now, they'll put aside whatever farm they're working on to get CUP. But it all comes back to the $$$. With a lot of the DS characters they've released, most players will willingly devote resources to unlocking and gearing them. Not so for LS, which is why we're restricted this TB (at least that's my theory).
  • Options

Fairly easy to answer - $$$. The part I find funny about CG neglecting DS is they are taking part in their own downfall if this path continues. DS players will simply get sick of the Rebel love and find something else to do.
  • Options

Fairly easy to answer - $$$. The part I find funny about CG neglecting DS is they are taking part in their own downfall if this path continues. DS players will simply get sick of the Rebel love and find something else to do.

Exactly what is happening