Speed Inflation

Has anyone else noticed that the new characters have had VERY high speeds compared to some of the original characters? I have noticed that Rey, Poe, and Yoda have very, very high speeds (140+) while ventress/tano remains at 86/93?!?!

This is a built in, invisible, but very obvious problem that anyone with 140-160 speed will get nearly 2x everything! This is possibly the biggest effect of character imbalance right now across the board. 2x speed is 2x damage, 1/2 cooldowns, and the ability to get their abilities out first.

Just by the numbers:

Ventress maxes at 86
Yoda maxes at 155

Both can receive speed bonuses, but in a ratio of cooldowns and damage, yoda gets 1.8 actions to ventress, and she does not get any sort of compensation... She is not 1.8x more damaging, not 1.8x more useful, nor does she have 1.8x the hp.

A 10% speed difference would be fine as long it is compensated within the character, but 80% dooms characters from the start.

Here is a list of the 5 fastest characters:
1. Dooku
2. Sidious
3. Leia
4. Yoda
5. Geonosian Soldier

Here are the 5 slowest:
1. Ventress (so much potential)
2. Guardian
3. Tano
4. IG-100
5. Darth Maul

A sort by any other stat does not show such a clear delineation between heavily used and effective characters and total garbage.

I may be missing something, but if they keep releasing higher and higher speed characters, it will leave many characters behind an unmeasured wall of obscurity.

Replies

• Options
    Well no kidding. Poe was the great equalizer but now you have no choice cept to run top 5 speed toons. Sometimes the short sightedness of the community has worse fall out. Before at least you had a good shot of activating slow toons with poe.
  • Options
    Speed is super important... However poe is still in everyone's squad on my server except mine. I hate poe
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    well they could honestly baseline everyone within a reasonable scale of 100 speed, and that would fix the problem without REQUIRING one player as a gatekeeper to 2/3's of the player pool.
  • Options
    However if you figure in speed boosting leader abilities the top 5 in order are Leia, Yoda, Hoth Rebel Scout, Nightsister Acolyte, and Old Daka.
  • Options
    That is my point exactly. It seems like they took speed boost leaders into account with some of the low end characters, but then ditched that plan and just started pumping up the speed of everyone, thus leaving many characters frozen.
  • Options
    not to toot my own horn, but it appears as though I saw this big "speed correction" as something that was necessary.
  • Options
    They're going to do an adjustment to damage /speed dynamic when they add the fortitude attribute, hopefully this will make the slower toons viable. Have to just wait and see.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    I foresee a massive resurgence of droids and First order! If you look at how it will favor the middle speed toons, you will see that boosting TM outside of straight up speed will be a premium skill.

The fix to advantage will cause multiple new synergies with Phasma! Any "proc on crit" skills will naturally groove with a skill that ensures a crit and fills the TM.

I am planning on starting my Hoth Rebel Scout immediately!
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Good, thought out post OP. Rare on these forums. Good job being different!
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Did OP totally miss the big announcement that the devs are looking at the speed and making damage adjustments to make slower toons more viable?
  • Options
    Necrobump post you all got fished
  • Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    Well no kidding. Poe was the great equalizer but now you have no choice cept to run top 5 speed toons. Sometimes the short sightedness of the community has worse fall out. Before at least you had a good shot of activating slow toons with poe.

this x100. It would of been fun to see Poe teams vs speed teams. The speed meta should of been the equalizer, not the nerf.

• Cyclops
    80 posts Member
    Options
    It's funny how the top five speed team is literally the whole meta.
  • Prgynt
    56 posts Member
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    Did OP totally miss the big announcement that the devs are looking at the speed and making damage adjustments to make slower toons more viable?

When did the announcement come out? Check the original post date, feb. 14th, just a older post resurfacing