Am I the only one who actually uses Anakin?

Prev1
I've got Anakin only at 4*, almost 5* now and at G6. I swapped Luke out for him. Right now this is my team:

QGJ lead
Lumi
Sid
JC
Anakin

Still get #1 daily and isn't bad on defense. All I hear about Anakin is he's too hard to farm and not worth it. I disagree. He's difficult to sure to be sure, but I feel like once he's topped he's going to be amazing. His deft bladework lands his anti buff/heal and along with Sid the other team falls mighty quick. Any thoughts? Anyone have him topped? Thanks.

Replies

• Options
    Yup
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I'm leveling him as an act of faith (because it's a painful level) and hope to get him to 6* by the time the Yoda event next rolls around. Hoping it is worth it.
    I never see him in PvP or even GW. :(
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Zilo
    38 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Qeltar Yeah I never see him around, only on my team. I'm considering changing him to leader so the speed from QGJ doesn't have him act first. If he goes 2-3rdhe can usually get a finishing blow with his AoE thus giving my team +dmg which makes a huge difference. Anyways thanks, good luck and keep in touch. You'll reach 7* before me it seems! Wonder if his AoE gets a -cool down...
  • Options
    @Zilo. What level are you?
  • Options
    @Mizake_Mizan I just hit 59.
  • Peaches
    34 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I can't farm him right now, but if i can, i always use him as ally, and imo he has potential, but yeah, i've never seen him in the Arena, i think i saw him just once in GW.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Zilo - I am hoping I will be able to come up with some sort of synergy between him, Jinn, Yoda and .. someone. :) I dunno. I have really been struggling in arena of late, now just trying to hang on to top 50 where I used to top 10 regularly. There is a lot of competition now, and I've been distracted by too many things, spending resources on too many characters. I held off for a long time for this update and then put a bunch of resources into leveling for Yoda, but I can't get to 6* until next month at the earliest and Yoda doesn't seem ready for prime time at 5*.
    I'm patient though so I do not mind waiting for a few weeks until I can hopefully find some sort of combo that works.
    You are ahead of me on Anakin. I only got him with the pack on Thursday so I am 22/65 to 5*. I may have to refresh his nodes to get to 6* for next month.
    I wish they'd put him in a shipment. It might encourage him to be used more, and since being at 4* is useless for the event, would probably encourage sales of his pack.
    EDIT: I do have access to all 3 of his nodes, but that's 156 energy per day just for his nodes. To refresh would be 150 crystals and 156 more energy. Pricey.
  • Options
    @Peaches Yeah I can only farm his one node as of yet. Almost have his DS node unlocked which will help out a lot hopefully.
  • Options
    @Qeltar Ha yeah I totally agree. I feel like that was a good marketing scheme though. Sell him at 4* so people will rush farm him. But idk I don't regret buying him, it leveled my QGJ and Ahsoka up. Another thing I'm considering is removing JC and adding ahsoka. I've seen her maxed stats and she's actually pretty strong with a bonus party heal. With QGJ as lead her speed won't be terrible either. Kinda got a lot to test out haha.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Zilo - I've had Ahsoka since I bought the Barriss pack. I gave up on her at level 54. Slow+squishy is a death sentence in a speed+DPS meta. I've heard she is good in the Yoda fight, but beyond that, eh. I will say I don't exactly shake in my boots if I see her in GW. I haven't seen her in PvP on my shard... ever.
    She can be fun to play, but don't get your heart set on her being effective.
    Disappointing for such a great character. She's easily the worst translation from the lore into this game of any character.
    As for Anakin, I'm just going to do his nodes and see how it goes. If he's close to 6* for the next Yoda thing and needs a bit of a push I might refresh his nodes but I'm waiting for that. I think that allowing myself to get distracted over the Yoda thing was a mistake. I am not even trying for 7* next time, just 6*. I will gear/level Anakin at 5* (he is sitting at level 1 now due to me being out of credits after leveling Mace, Jinn and Poe). If I don't like him, I may just give up on all the Jedis and wait and see what comes next.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I think he will be cool when the level cap upgrades because we will be able to farm Snowtrooper, which is another strong AOE unit that activates turn meter on ally deaths. Ventress has a chance to do so, and also gain offense up and has AOE. So whenever you kill one of this team, they all raise together and AOE the crap out of you :). If we get another similar dude, I'm going to try it. Put them together with either glass cannons that are "must kill" targets, or ressurecting units (like Ewok Elder and Daka or maybe self-sacrificing tanks like Han, and we have something there. At least, fun

Besides Arena, as a tip, I have found that Anakin is a great "suicide squad" by himself in GW. Put him as leader, with 4 other cannon fodder dudes (lvl 40, doesnt matter) and he activates everytime the enemy kills a cannon fodder, striking several times in a row. That's helpful as a gambit to suicide a squad and kill some key enemy while doing so.
  • Options
    @Qeltar Yeah I've heard as much; just going to wing it. And yeah I'm sort of disappointed as well. 2-3 of my toons would be 7* now if I hadn't put them off trying to get Yoda which I failed to do anyway. Oh well, it'll be worth it eventually I hope!
  • Zilo
    38 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @Triqui I appreciate the tip and that does sound like a good team idea too, but I've only ever lost GW once. I was level 48-49 and fought a level 63 team and got wrecked. Haven't lost since and I only use my arena team. *shrug*
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Zilo wrote: »
    @Triqui I appreciate the tip and that does sound like a good team idea too, but I've only ever lost GW once. I was level 48-49 and fought a level 63 team and got wrecked. Haven't lost since and I only use my arena team. *shrug*

Me too. Did so for 35 battles in a row, using my arena team with 1 change to add a healer. Then lost 1, and how have won like 4 more in a row, but now I have to use suicide squads.

Trust me, you will need them, sooner or later.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    Zilo wrote: »

Me too. Did so for 35 battles in a row, using my arena team with 1 change to add a healer. Then lost 1, and how have won like 4 more in a row, but now I have to use suicide squads.

Trust me, you will need them, sooner or later.

Yeah I'm kinda disappointed in GW now. I hear myself asking for a super hard squad and when I don't get one I just burst to the end node :/
  • Options
    Jedi Master Ailan was talking about his rival using Anakin at one point, but he ended up giving up on him because it was just a mercy booking. He just doesn't fit into the meta and perhaps never will if they don't beef him up.

Believe me, I have tried to get CG/EA's attention on this matter. Everyone agrees he needs some attention
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    I can relate to that feeling. Then suddenly one morning you wake up, and it's no longer the case :)

I don't know how the "brackets" for rivals work. I don't know if it is because my power passed 24.000, or because I leveled my chars to 70, or what. But it raised the difficulty clearly, in 1 day. And I'm not yet in the "inferno level" that some people post with 8 teams of maxed 7* QGJ+Rey+leia+GS+Poe. But I'm pretty sure that one day I'll wake up in that world. And I'd regret not taking the blue pill
  • Options
    @whatevercee Yeah I agree he could use some work. A damage boost would be nice.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Besides Arena, as a tip, I have found that Anakin is a great "suicide squad" by himself in GW. Put him as leader, with 4 other cannon fodder dudes (lvl 40, doesnt matter) and he activates everytime the enemy kills a cannon fodder, striking several times in a row. That's helpful as a gambit to suicide a squad and kill some key enemy while doing so.

That's awesome smart. Thanks! I may have to put a million credits into him now just for that. :)
  • Options
    I can relate to that feeling. Then suddenly one morning you wake up, and it's no longer the case :)

I don't know how the "brackets" for rivals work. I don't know if it is because my power passed 24.000, or because I leveled my chars to 70, or what. But it raised the difficulty clearly, in 1 day. And I'm not yet in the "inferno level" that some people post with 8 teams of maxed 7* QGJ+Rey+leia+GS+Poe. But I'm pretty sure that one day I'll wake up in that world. And I'd regret not taking the blue pill

Haha, that's great. Yeah maybe one day. I'm only a wee little level 59 though haha
  • Options
    I use him. Bought his pack which unlocked him and pushed him halfway to 6*. I was farming him, but waiting to 'unlock' him with my shards in case I found him or they sold him.

Anyways, lvl 70, gear 7 (19/20 on 1 piece) and all maxed abilities. I like him. Currently Yoda 6* lead, Anakin 5*, QGJ 5*, Lumi 7*, Old Ben 4* (64/64 to 5* aaaahhhh). Holds top 50 to 20 in arena. Works for me. I like all Jedi teams.

His kit is great IMO. AOE with offense up on kill is awesome. QGJ offers it on dispel. Yoda can steal and spread it. All situational, but usually allows my team off up most of the match. He also has a heal/buff immunity, which no other Jedi has. Sure, a lower chance to apply, but he has potency to help stick it. I see it all the time. And his unique is nice. On def, most people will kill my QGJ or Lumi first. Maybe Yoda. That's free turns for Anakin. All in all, a good hero, but a hard farm. Good health, high speed, decent damage, good kit. Worth it to me.
  • Options
    Thanks for your input @M9silent I'm going to aim to max him as well. I see too much potential in him that I think people miss due to laziness or impatience. Hopefully it'll be worth it in the end with or without some help from CG/EA buffing him!
  • Options
    I've been testing my 5* Anakin in various team comps.

All I can say is that he's amazing on offence, abysmal on defence. I'm currently theory-crafting a team which might make him just as effective on defence. Hope it works.

I'll still be taking him to 7*, lots of potential. ;)
  • Options
    @D_Millennial cool man, I'd like to hear how it goes! Keep me updated if you can. Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    I hope they add Ani to cantin. He's a real slow farm
  • Options
    I plan on using him. He's super fast with QGJ and I'll have high priority targets like Rey on my team so his passive can actually shine.
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Love him more and more, next cap he gets even meaner
  • Options
    I'm going to be grinding his stars out pretty soon. I run a Jedi speed team where QGJ is probably first target (lest they risk letting QGJ get some good RNG). I'm hoping that the Anakin's boost proc would be good enough to either finish somebody off with his Special (and boost the rest of the team), or at least make losing characters not so bad in general.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

That's awesome smart. Thanks! I may have to put a million credits into him now just for that. :)

Not exactly high praise that he is good cannon fodder...
    I've used him as an ally before and he seemed very very weak especially his AOE. The thing he does offer to a Jedi team is his heal block but it's not 100% like Sid.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Cecton wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

Not exactly high praise that he is good cannon fodder...
    I've used him as an ally before and he seemed very very weak especially his AOE. The thing he does offer to a Jedi team is his heal block but it's not 100% like Sid.

His AOE at max is pretty much like Kylo's, per SWGOHcantina. About 2400 base, plus crits/buffs. But he can buff himself and if he leads he pumps it. Has comparable health, better speed, his ubique is comparable tov retsliation in power, I think. Kylo second special is grest when under 50%, but Anakin is faster, which also matters.

Sid heal block is no longer 100% at 70 as Sid has 0% potency and average tenacity is 35% or so. Get resisted often. I think Anakin chance for buff inmunity is better than heal block, but need to test it more, my Anakin is lvl 61 so far only. Does it remove existing buffs? Does it work vs Taunt?