My Territory Battle Feedback

Prev1
Boo
4134 posts Member
edited September 2017
I like the new TB feature/Event and do not want to complain about it...But, even after requirements are met for certain missions, the difficulty is crazy.

Firstly - Difficulty: Missions requiring 5* toons I could not beat with almost maxed 7* team - everything goes fine until battle 6 of 6 and the opponent team seems to pretty much one-shot each of my team members.

Why does the difficulty in this game always jump from being a manageable challenge to utter insanity? I would understand it being a challenge with the required 5* toons, but level 85, well-modded 7* toons at gear levels 9-11 should be a cakewalk for a 5* toon requirement mission.

I have to say that the ship missions are fun and enjoyable - but the regular missions are insane and cannot be completed for me past phase 3.

Please feel free to look at my roster in my signature line. Although I am f2p, I have been playing since this game was released and my roster (for f2p) is pretty extensive I think - I would hate to imaging what impact TB is having on lower end players and guilds - probably not even worth the effort.

Secondly - Time: The time to complete TB is huge (with all daily tasks etc as well as any ongoing guild raids) and TB is currently released over a 6 day period (1 phase per day) this will destroy family life on a weekend when TB is to run over only a few days (a weekend event) as opposed to 6. This would mean we would be required to beat at least 2 phases per day and as you all know, most phases have multiple areas - this is simply too much time to invest. Some players will not be able to participate (due to this time issue), again, how will this impact players and guilds going forward?

Thirdly - Rewards: With the amount of time, strategy and guild communication & participation for a massive guild multi-day event, I have to say the rewards were pretty dull. I don't think I am the only one with this issue, given the mountainous amount of other posts already talking about the poor rewards.

Fourthly - Glitches: As we all know guild chat was a crucial feature to allow communication, participation and strategy amoung guild mates while taking part in this event. Guild chat was glitch through most of this event which prevented all of the above features required for team play.

Furthermore - My entire guild was locked out of Phase 6 yesterday. We were all stuck in phase 5 unable to do anything. Was this a glitch? I do not remember there being any specific requirement to move from phase 5 to phase 6. Did anyone else have this issue???

If the difficulty level could be managed in accordance with the majority of the playerbase - rather than just whales, cut the time duration down, provide better incentive to participate regarding rewards and fix all the glitches (despite TB being held back for release due to some known glitches already) I think that TB will be a great feature to the game going forward.
Post edited by Boo on

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I think the difficulty is perfect. Easy to learn, difficult to master. Also, this is only the first one. Keep in mind that it will get easier as people figure it out and the power creep progresses (think raids).
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    My point is a 5* toon requirement, should be be winnable by a team of 5* toons - its not.

Also, I wake up at 7:30am (even on weekends) to get all the stuff this game has to offer, done before I really start my day and actually have to deal with REAL LIFE.

As soon as I got my daily stuff done, GW and raid participation, it was 9am - therefore, time for TB, which took another 40mins - so 7:30am to nearly 10am is dedicated on this game, and that is not taking having to go to work at 9am into the equation.

Quite frankly this game just has far too much time associated with it now. And the "time creep" associated with this game needs a nerf.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    On your second point, the original plan was for TB to have 12 hour stages and be completed in 3 days. People complained that it would make some stages where they couldn't hit due to real life (Get up, get kids to school, go to work and that's 9-10 hours gone)

As for the difficulty, I think it is tough but doable. It takes concentration, I didn't see anyone get one shot in my battles and no one in my guild complained about that so I can't really say anything about it. I did see more and more guys from my guild only getting 5/6 in stages 4 & 5. We haven't started combat on 6 yet so can't say how we will do there.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I think the difficulty is perfect. Easy to learn, difficult to master. Also, this is only the first one. Keep in mind that it will get easier as people figure it out and the power creep progresses (think raids).

Yeah, I remember when rancor tier 5 was hard for me xD
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Formerly_Randy
    333 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    If the battles aren't challenging, this mode wouldn't be very much fun. Gives you and your guild something to shoot towards. :)
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    The difference here is that Heroic Rancor Raid required 7* toons to participate. Some nowadays can even solo the entire raid.

But originally, 1 team was not meant to solo the whole raid.

However 1 team is meant to be able to complete 1 mission, as you only get 1 go at it. If that 1 attempt is a 5* required team, then it should therefore be doable with a 5* team, not fail using a 7* team. It just does not make sense.
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    My point is a 5* toon requirement, should be be winnable by a team of 5* toons - its not.

The requirements are there to weed out characters/guild members from being able to partake. That's it.

Frankly I like how each phase ramps up the difficulty. It's a very steady progression.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm fine with the difficulty. It gives me things to work on, which is the whole point of the game. But it's weird that the ships are so easy (comparatively).

Full disclosure, I don't have a 6* capital ship so I can't speak to the last ship mission.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    I am not saying it is not challenging - but not winnable for a 7* team on a 5* requirement mission should be a cakewalk.

The challenge would be actually using a 5* team to do it.

The real challenge, therefore, would be end of TB phase where 7* teams/toons are required.
  • Options
    I am not saying it is not challenging - but not winnable for a 7* team on a 5* requirement mission should be a cakewalk.

The real challenge, therefore, would be end of TB phase where 7* teams/toons are required.

You should view each phase as a gear/mod requirement rather than star count. Star count is just there to lower a person's overall collection thus resulting in fewer potential points.

Phase 1: Gear 8 - ok mods
    Phase 2: Gear 9 - ok mods
    Phase 3: Gear 10 - ok mods
    Phase 4: Gear 11 - ok mods
    Phase 5: Gear 11 - superb mods
    Phase 6: Gear 12 - superb mods
  • Options
    Looking at your roster, an obvious need for improvement would be your mods. Just looking at your arena team, my advice is to farm more speed, crit damage & crit chance mods. You should have those all unlocked now so I would do that. Like with raids, combat mission performance will go up as your mods get better.
  • Options

Also, I wake up at 7:30am (even on weekends) to get all the stuff this game has to offer, done before I really start my day and actually have to deal with REAL LIFE.

As soon as I got my daily stuff done, GW and raid participation, it was 9am - therefore, time for TB, which took another 40mins - so 7:30am to nearly 10am is dedicated on this game, and that is not taking having to go to work at 9am into the equation.

Quite frankly this game just has far too much time associated with it now. And the "time creep" associated with this game needs a nerf.

There is possibly your problem or at least the reason why it seems so difficult for you. Sounds like you are doing all these things in the morning when new phases just started. In later phases, many areas have enemy abilities that can be reduced or disable by platoon missions. When you are doing your combat missions at 9-10 in the morning, chances are your platoon missions are not completed or nearly completed (in those cases where it is impossible to complete due to certain toon requirements). Thus your combat missions are harder than they should be. I'm also a f2p and my gear/mod levels are average or slightly above average at best and I don't have problems with combat missions until p6 and p5 with my g8 Phoenix team only managed 5/6.
    So rather than getting everything out of the way first thing in the morning, maybe find 10-15mins in the evening to do those combat missions instead? They really shouldn't take more than 10mins total.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

You should view each phase as a gear/mod requirement rather than star count. Star count is just there to lower a person's overall collection thus resulting in fewer potential points.

Is this all based on your toons/teams being 7* as opposed to the actual stated * requirement of the phase?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Vorgen wrote: »

There is possibly your problem or at least the reason why it seems so difficult for you. Sounds like you are doing all these things in the morning when new phases just started. In later phases, many areas have enemy abilities that can be reduced or disable by platoon missions. When you are doing your combat missions at 9-10 in the morning, chances are your platoon missions are not completed or nearly completed (in those cases where it is impossible to complete due to certain toon requirements). Thus your combat missions are harder than they should be. I'm also a f2p and my gear/mod levels are average or slightly above average at best and I don't have problems with combat missions until p6 and p5 with my g8 Phoenix team only managed 5/6.
    So rather than getting everything out of the way first thing in the morning, maybe find 10-15mins in the evening to do those combat missions instead? They really shouldn't take more than 10mins total.

First thing is the only time I have in the day for this game - no time at all in the evenings - I can barely collect the free energy at certain points of the day.

I must not be the only person/[layer that has such tight time constraints during the days. It's either hit it in the morning, or not at all.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Not to mention, I was actually locked out of a mission today, despite meeting all requirements - I never even played the mission before, so, something went wrong there too.
  • Options

My point exactly @Formerly_Randy and @Hskull55 ... g12 will decrease the difficulty drasticly and once upon a time T5 was hard... i remember when guilds came out a friend and i started ours and it took like 3 weeks for just 2 of us to beat T5... many ewoks were sacrificed to the rancor then...
  • Options
    what i have learn in this TB is:
    1. Platoon are hard in pase 5 and 6, no doable in couple of months
    2. Darks side toons are useless now
    3. Try to get at least 4 GOOD light side teams
      1. Jedi (QGJ, GK, Anakin, Yoda, Ashoka (could be ezra but we need him in phoenix fights)
      2. Rogue 1 (Jyn, K2SO, Cassian, Chirrut, and Pao, bistan or anithing cuz baze still a pain to farm and get him to 7 starts will take months)
      3. Rebels (Wedge, Biggs, Sthan, Lando and maybe akbar on another one)
      4. New Hope (CLK, Raid Han solo, Leia, Old Ben, and mmaybe new han solo, or new Leia, o anithing who gives protection or survability to the team)
      5. RESISTANCE (Fin, Poe, Rey, R2, and resistance soldier, can trade for resistance Pilot) best team atm
      6. Phoenix (Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Zeb and chopper or sabine, some ppl prefers chopper others sabine, up to you)
    4. you mut have in all this teams at least gear 10 whit good mods, only then u can do all missions whiout any problem
    5. We must read and learn enemies abilities, the counter one almost killied me in some fights
    6. i would help a lot that the combat missions have a couple of retreats
    7. Ships are slow farming but try to get tie reaper, falcon, and all those ships that u can easily get at least to 6 stars
    8. must defeat all comanders ships in challenges

Im pretty sure if we all do this, TB will be ez, but the real question is ¿how long will you take to obtain this list done? its A LOT of time, (this game its about patience), atm i have resistance and rebels at good shape, new hope, and phoenix like 8/10, but im slow in jedis, and rogue one i only need baze at 7 stars, so... for me will take at least 3 months cuz r2, gk, and other characters are hard to gear.

Now lets see how EA will help us to get all this road complete asap, i would like to see more flash events to use dark side and get good gear.

laters and happy TB
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Its also been long established that rarity is not a reliable determination of a character's strength. Gear and mods are far more important.
  • Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »

Yeah, I remember when rancor tier 5 was hard for me xD

When that started only the whales could do heroic. The rest of us struggled and worked on teams.

Much the same here, except I doubt more than a couple of kraken guilds will max TB. And that is good, gives us a focus.

As for the difficulty, I am f2p since game start and I only struggled with my main team in phase 6 - Wedge and Lando go to town - but my other teams let me down. All that means is you have a target for next TB.
  • Options
    "Time-Creep" is perfect. I think when the devs posted (maybe 5 months ago?) how proud they were that the average time in app, per player, had gone up so high since the game was release -- that was my personal warning sign.

The more time you spend in the app, the more value you put into it, the more cash value you'll put into it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Did you complete all the supporting platoon missions? Also, no, 5-star toons should not necessarily be able to complete a five-star requirement mission. Anyway, you get credit for every round you beat. The first round is presumably beatable. The extra difficulty is to reward additional investment/strategy. Why do you expect the missions to be completable the very first time you play? That would be extremely poor design for such a huge new feature of the game.
  • Options
    What happens if you leave ur guild during tb? Do u get rewards still?
  • Options
    If the game is interfering with real life and family, wHt is more important? Drop what is not. You may not like it but if you value this more than your family, you may need. Break from it.
  • Options
    The platoons were too powerful for me. If we had them filled, it was too easy. If we didn't, I got roflstomped in tier 6. Either way was not much fun.

I like the concept, it just needs some tuning.
  • Options
    Resistance is amazing here. I can't say enough good things about that faction.

I really thought Jedi would get a bit more love(in terms of requirements) with that being said I think running a good to great Jedi team actually helps. I know platoons are random but I saw a bunch of reqs for wedge and Biggs.

Those later phases and later waves the air strikes can mess you up.

Also I'm with OP that the morning (EDT) is my ideal time to play. I'm up at 5:30am everyday so when I'm having my coffee is when I finish my dailies and gw.

All in all it's fun and hope it gets settled soon. The communication and such is a wear on officers but it's only the first one. By the 3rd or 4th phase guildies were getting it.

I'm much more of a ds guy so I'm looking forward to the ds side of things.
  • Options
    You can get toons that are 5 stars to gear 11. If my characters were 5 stars instead of 7 with them being gear 11 i still would have been able to beat up until maybe even phase 5. So yes you can beat the phases with the star requirements if you gear them up and have good mods on them
  • Options
    I second the resistance comment. If it weren't for my Finn only being 5*....other than enemy air strikes, my resistance never got hit once in any battle they were in.
  • Options
    The difficulty is fine. Please do not nerf it! This is something to work towards for the next few months.

People have been crying out for new content for months then when it arrives want to be able to complete at the first attempt. Crazy ! When we have characters with g12 gear on it will become much easier.

I have loved TB. Yes there are improvements to be made but the difficulty is not one them.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    You can get toons that are 5 stars to gear 11. If my characters were 5 stars instead of 7 with them being gear 11 i still would have been able to beat up until maybe even phase 5. So yes you can beat the phases with the star requirements if you gear them up and have good mods on them

My point is I was using a team of 7* toons that were up to gear 10-11 and still got wasted on battle 6 of 6 on a 5* toon requirement mission - that is the point I am getting at everyone.

To me that seems absolutely ridiculous.

Furthermore my entire guild yesterday was locked out of the final phase. We all got at least 1 star in every area of each phase before that - so is there a requirement or something to be able to play in the last phase???
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    FinleyJon wrote: »
    The difficulty is fine. Please do not nerf it! This is something to work towards for the next few months.

People have been crying out for new content for months then when it arrives want to be able to complete at the first attempt. Crazy ! When we have characters with g12 gear on it will become much easier.

I have loved TB. Yes there are improvements to be made but the difficulty is not one them.

So what exactly are the improvements you would make?