GK vs Old Ben

in this few days we are having discussion about witch caracters will go up or down when they will be geard lvl 12 ....so the rumores says that in close future olb ben with zeta lvl 12 will be beter toon than GK lvl 12 in CSL arena team...what you think about that ?

Replies

• Options
    i have both, still lose to gk lead arris. i have 8 zetas
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    Options
    GK and Zarriss teams require 1 Zeta. Old Ben teams require at least two Zetas and still won't beat previously mentioned duo on a regular basis. Your call.
  • Options
    Old Ben is still garbage lol I don't know why ppl use him
  • Options
    ask whales,I saw they use him in arena team .maybe his tount dont go away even if he get fractured and in g12 his health is very good but still dont belive that he can replace GK
  • Options
    He is way better than GK in a CLS team if fast enough and enough zetas
  • Options

How so? He does nothing other than taunt. I've seen one, maybe two teams use them and it's the easiest battle ever.
  • Options

How so? He does nothing other than taunt. I've seen one, maybe two teams use them and it's the easiest battle ever.

I haven't seen OB work better than GK, but he does has some helpful AoE TM removal and ability block that can come in handy when you can direct it on offense. A lot less useful on defense.

I've seen two in my shard replace GK with G12 Old Ben but I also find them easier to beat. I run Old Ben now but only because I don't have GK.
  • Options
    When you have every character that you want, at G11 and G12, you get to put together the best teams. Many of the people with over 100 G11 and G12 characters run Old Ben on their team. That says a lot more than **** commentary from the gallery.

Both GK and OB are good.
  • Options

overall he is not better than GK obviously ur right, but with the right speed mods, gear and with the right team. He just fits better. You dont need the autotaunt if ur running R2, ur team attacks, then AOE TM removal is crucial, your all team attacks again, then he taunts and it is over. He also provides two more buffs to FAT so it is nice... I had a CLS team with GK and with that team I dropped more than with OB, and also on offense I do better. now I am running both GK and OB. But IMO he is a bit underrated
  • Options
    The OB zeta is also incredibly effective and hard to fight against unless you configure a team specifically to fight it.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a video comparison of these two at G12 w/Zetas? Everything here just sounds like theory crafting and speculation =P
  • Options
    Does anyone have a video comparison of these two at G12 w/Zetas? Everything here just sounds like theory crafting and speculation =P

I don't have any video but fight both of them at G12 with zetas every day. Their effectiveness is almost entirely associated with who they're surrounded by on the team though - with a tilt in the favor of GK from my perspective. Unfortunately we don't have any two people with the exact same team makeup but one with OB and one with GK.
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I don't have GK so I can't compare.. My biggest problem with OB is that is seems the AI will not pick him for R2's passive "taunt". Every auto battle i've run with OB, R2 picks himself. If I put any other tank in there, R2 picks that tank. I like OB's kit, but I'm switching him out for SRP or Baze..
  • Options
    How does r2 choose who to not stealth. I assumed it was the toon with the highest health and protection combined. Is that right?
  • Options
    Maybe OB being a proper tank is too new for r2, they changed this not too long ago ;-)
  • Ghostline33
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Whichever ally R2 targets with his stealth gets foresight instead of stealth
  • Options
    J3FF wrote: »
    How does r2 choose who to not stealth. I assumed it was the toon with the highest health and protection combined. Is that right?

Whichever ally R2 targets with his strealth move gains foresight instead of stealth