Zader vs Thrawn lead for arena

2Next

Replies

• Options
    @GulSkiVader If you run Thrawn lead, ditch Vader and work towards the best empire team of Thrawn/Shore/storm/death/krennic....Thrawn under Vader is good for giving SA another turn so she can speed Vader up yet again. Plus you get fracture and cleanse from him.

Still, SA is the must.
  • Options
    @Billcarson66, I hear you on the empire team. Right now, my plan is Phoenix leveling to acquire 7* Thrawn and FO to acquire 5* BB8 (FOST is the laggard). In the background, I am working on CLS requirements. I don't have 5 siths so also working on DN but I like the SA option. I have to unlock Cantina node 8G and will follow your plan as this seems an easier farm than empire team. If/when I acquire SA, who would you remove on this team for arena: zVader g11(l), Tarkin g11, EP g10, DM g10, Boba g10, zThrawn (unique) g10? Perhaps Boba and EP or DM?
  • Options
    Regards to a battle, Thrawn fractures, boba ability blocks, Tarkin intimidation, Vader force crush, EP aoe stun or shock (if I really need to shut one down). Later Thrawn dispels and +tm to EP shock, usually gets it down to 5 or 4 (may lose 1) vs 3. If possible, could you outline a successful battle with SA use?
  • Options
    Dphalpin wrote: »
    Yes. But top 100 really isn't that great. So why make a point of dissing other people's advice when you yourself, prove said advice to be right?[/quote]

Ok, my friend, you are right. Top 100 "isn't that great." What is great? Top 10? Top 20? Let me know where the cutoff is at. Right now, my shard is filled with CLS squads with g12. As a mostly FTP player I am not going to compete with that setup. I am happy with where I am at.

[/quote]

For me top 3 or 5 is what your objective should be. The amount of gear you can buy with those crystals will give you a huge advantage of how quickly you can gear up your characters.

So when people say "dont use vader in arena", the reality is that maybe at fully geared with a.great team and amazing mods they can eventually climb to top 5 payouts, but it will take a very very long time. During that very long time where the OP is stuck below 100 or whatever, his shardmates are upgrading their teams three times as fast.
  • xeo
    36 posts Member
    Options
    You may still want to gear vader up even if you don't use him in arena. Part of the reason I geared vader to g12 was because his ship is part of the reason I finish 2nd in ship arena. For that same reason, I geared biggs to g12 and I plan on getting FOTP to g12 (since his ship is also part of my ship arena).

I may have missed the boat on finishing top 10 for arena, but i'm satisfied with the crystal payout from ships.
  • Options
    Dont put your Z on Vader, he is so LAME, put that Zeta on Thrawn's leadership and gear up your troopers.
  • xeo
    36 posts Member
    Options
    Its too late for me, I put my first zeta on vader a few months ago so i could improve my standing in rancor raid. Saving up my next zeta for either thrawn or cls (when I eventually get him)
  • Options
    If you want to Improve Rancor raid your Jyn is sufficient gr lvl already, just focus on getting her as fast as you can. Use her, a speed down like Cassian and basically whoever else you want. You should be able to solo Heroic Rancor with enough practice and understanding how to use Jyn properly. If you don't have enough speed on Jyn use other tmr characters like Teebo/Rex/Qui-gon with her and also characters that have moves that do not attack (Chirrut, Bodhi, Cassian without K2) are useful against Heroic Rancor because it gains tm when hit, so non-attacks give you more time for Jyn to Remove all tm again.
  • Options
    @Billcarson66 personally I think the best Empire team is Thrawn Shore Veers death krennick
  • xeo
    36 posts Member
    Options
    I only have Jyn at 6*. Taking forever to farm her through guild tokens. I finally solo'd heroic rancor last night with Zader, tfp, thrawn, tarkin and Rex. It was a slow and manual process. When I eventually get Jyn, i'll switch things up so that I can get a solo thing going. Might even use First order officer (have enough to 7*, just waiting on more creds)