MK4 prototypes and salvages for new G11 gear pieces

Skokolino
43 posts Member
edited September 2017
I will consider this bug and not working as intended until devs tell otherwise.

Here is what happened to me . I wanted to gear Princess Leia to G12 and I needed to farm
MK4 Zaltin gel salvages in quantity of 50 to craft MK6 Stun Gun... So I did... It was HARD farm with many resources scarified to complete it.

Then I went for gear check and opened Finn gear screen , entered in Piece MK4 Zaltin Bacta gel..
I saw I needed it but I knew my Leia needs the same so I JUST CRAFTED IT and I DID NOT EQUIP IT.

Then, I went back to Leia and I noticed I can't craft Mk6 Stun gun because I am missing 50 MK4 Zaltin gel pieces...

Dear devs, if I need 50 MK4 Zaltin salvages it is as same as MK4 Zaltin Gel piece... so why did you do this ?
Same situation if I need stun gun mk5 and I craft 50 mk3 carbanti salvages into MK3 Carbanti piece I can still use it to craft Mk5 Stun Gun....

Why did you change the way we optimize and handle our gear ?

Parts of G11 like Stun Gun 5 are handled and accumulated in one way and new parts of the same gear level work in different way.

I feel cheated because I still have 50 Mk4 salvages only crafted in 1 piece. But I can't use it anymore for purpose I intended it...

This should be emphasized as a first and foremost thing : The way you collect handle schedule and maintain your gear has changed.

Of course I will farm 50 pieces again but I post this message so people can avoid making same mistake as I did...

Prototypes for new G11 gear do not exist... shame on me for making this mistake ... and shame on devs for not emphasizing gear models change.

Please fix this bug.

Sry for bad english... as you've noticed english is not my native language.

Replies

• Options
    Just got word devs said that this is working as intended..
    I can't agree with it as I see other reasons for making half of G11 this way....

Thanks for answers and have a good day!
  • Options
    Ok so I bought the 60$ pack which included a full mk6 droid caller. GK needs that piece to craft the mk8 loronar power cell. It will not let me use the fully crafted caller in the slot to craft that piece of gear even though I have the other components. If this is WAI it's completely ridiculous. It's not like the mk6 droid caller has another component to it. I should be able to use that piece to craft a piece of gear that requires it. @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP
  • Options
    Think about it. If I want to craft an mk5 stun gun and I buy a full mk3 carbanti then I can use that to craft the stun gun. Why should this be any different? When I saw the 60$ pack I carefully planned how I would use the gear. If this is indeed WAI we should have been warned.
  • Options
    This is complete nonsense. It needs to be addressed. If this is WAI, it needs to be made clear in game with a pop up message. OR they can just call it what it is and own up to the bug and fix it. If this happened to me I would be livid too.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Considering how gear has always worked in this game, this is a huge misrepresentation if it's indeed not a bug. I will wait for a dev response before I seek a refund on the 60$.
  • Options
    I noticed that g11 gear was unique when it came out in that it required just the salvage instead of a piece crafted from the salvage.

Now in those cases there was no piece to be crafted from the salvage. However, there is a precedent for using salvage and not pieces that was set.

It seems to me they did it purposefully. This game has all sorts of things that punish you for not paying attention. This is just another one of them in my opinion.

Yes, it's frustrating. But let's be honest with ourselves here. If a game couldn't frustrate us, it would stand no chance on holding our interest long term.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    Considering how gear has always worked in this game, this is a huge misrepresentation if it's indeed not a bug. I will wait for a dev response before I seek a refund on the 60$.

Devs responded on multiple other threads saying it's not a bug.
  • Options
    Well if it's not a bug it's extremely shady business practice. Why is it that every time CG does something good they follow it up with with twice as many negatives? I personally enjoyed the first TB a lot. It was CG's opportunity to have a happy, spending player base. Instead they pull stuff like this and ruin the positives. There was no logical reason to think that you couldn't craft 50 salvage into a full piece and use it as a component based on how gear has previously worked in this game.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I noticed that g11 gear was unique when it came out in that it required just the salvage instead of a piece crafted from the salvage.

Now in those cases there was no piece to be crafted from the salvage. However, there is a precedent for using salvage and not pieces that was set.

It seems to me they did it purposefully. This game has all sorts of things that punish you for not paying attention. This is just another one of them in my opinion.

Yes, it's frustrating. But let's be honest with ourselves here. If a game couldn't frustrate us, it would stand no chance on holding our interest long term.

Lol ok. This is not a matter of not paying attention. This is a situation where you assume a certain game mechanic works the same way it always has. If I go to craft a stun gun it says I need 1 carbanti. Yet if I save up 50 carbanti salvage I do not have to craft that into a full piece before I craft a stun gun. Why would anyone assume that they wouldn't be able to craft 50 salvage into a full piece and still use it as a component. The answer is they wouldn't! The 60$ pack was completely misleading. There was no reason to believe that you wouldn't be able to use those gear pieces in the packs as a component to other gear.

• Options
    Dear Devs, please provide a shipping address so that I can send you 1999 pennies for the Han and Chewie Pack, I mean, after all, it seems that standard is to craft a full payment from salvage.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Options

Lol ok. This is not a matter of not paying attention. This is a situation where you assume a certain game mechanic works the same way it always has. If I go to craft a stun gun it says I need 1 carbanti. Yet if I save up 50 carbanti salvage I do not have to craft that into a full piece before I craft a stun gun. Why would anyone assume that they wouldn't be able to craft 50 salvage into a full piece and still use it as a component. The answer is they wouldn't! The 60$ pack was completely misleading. There was no reason to believe that you wouldn't be able to use those gear pieces in the packs as a component to other gear.

Bologna. It shows salvage, not full pieces. There was no reason to expect you should be able to craft it and use it.

NEVER has there been a place in this game where you could substitute a similar item and use it ANYWHERE.

It's totally about you not paying attention.
  • Options

Bologna. It shows salvage, not full pieces. There was no reason to expect you should be able to craft it and use it.

NEVER has there been a place in this game where you could substitute a similar item and use it ANYWHERE.

Now I could totally see myself having made the same mistake, so don't get me wrong there. The difference is that I would have reacted to it like: **** it! I shouldn't have crafted that piece, I'm such a ****.

Whereas your reaction is: I shouldn't have made that piece... THEY TRICKED ME!!!

Take some responsibility for acting without confirming. Nothing in this game is set in stone.
  • Options

Now I could totally see myself having made the same mistake, so don't get me wrong there. The difference is that I would have reacted to it like: **** it! I shouldn't have crafted that piece, I'm such a ****.

Whereas your reaction is: I shouldn't have made that piece... THEY TRICKED ME!!!

Take some responsibility for acting without confirming. Nothing in this game is set in stone.

Really? Apparently you are the one that hasn't been paying attention. How come if I want to craft a stun gun I can use EITHER 50 carbanti salvage OR a full carbanti??

It's funny how you are coming across all high and mighty about this when in actuality you don't even know what you are talking about. Most pieces of gear that require another piece of gear as a component will let you use either/or. In this case CG changed the actual wording in the piece to 50 salvage instead of 1 piece. None the less it's sneaky and shady. Also for someone that pays such close attention to things your reading comprehension is lacking. If you had read the first post thoroughly you would know that I didn't craft the piece. It came as a full piece in the pack. If you are going to reply to people in a condescending tone the least you can do is get your facts straight.
  • Options
    It's a **** move on CG's part plain and simple. There is absolutely no reason for it to be this way. An mk6 droid caller is made out of 50 mk6 droid caller salvage. It's not like people are cheating somehow. By being able to use the full piece. It is literally made of the same 50 pieces. This is semantics and it's things like this that cause issues between CG and the player base.
  • Options

Really? Apparently you are the one that hasn't been paying attention. How come if I want to craft a stun gun I can use EITHER 50 carbanti salvage OR a full carbanti??

It's funny how you are coming across all high and mighty about this when in actuality you don't even know what you are talking about. Most pieces of gear that require another piece of gear as a component will let you use either/or. In this case CG changed the actual wording in the piece to 50 salvage instead of 1 piece. None the less it's sneaky and shady. Also for someone that pays such close attention to things your reading comprehension is lacking. If you had read the first post thoroughly you would know that I didn't craft the piece. It came as a full piece in the pack. If you are going to reply to people in a condescending tone the least you can do is get your facts straight.

That's incorrect. They do not accept sienar holo projector salvage to craft mk v fusion furnace pieces, instead they craft it into a full piece for you before crafting the fusion furnace and charge you the cost of crafting both. This type of example has nothing to do with what you are complaining about.

Now if they uncrafted a mk 5 fusion furnace to let you equip a sienar holo projector on someone, that would be an applicable analogy because you are complaining that you can't uncraft a piece to make another one, but they don't do that. No past experiences in gear could have led you to the conclusion that this automatically took a full piece since there are other examples of gear requiring salvage... Maybe not when there are full pieces to be crafted, but we still have examples that gear requires plain old salvage sometimes. No past experiences could have taught you that you could uncraft gear to make other gear because there are none.

I am not acting high and mighty. I said straight up that I probably would have made the same mistake. What I am doing is pointing out that you are acting as though you have no responsibility in this mistake whatsoever. That isn't the case. You didn't double check and made a mistake. An easy one to make due to the way CG/EA made it, it's true, but it's still your own mistake.